Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype-meters, necessary posts to vote

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I believe that due to the recent fake-account problems, the number of posts should be  highert to vote.   This, or an account must be around for at least 3 months.

I believe that to vote, the person must have 100 posts, this way we will not have fake accounts trying to get the rating up. 

Would this be possible MMORPG Staff?

Comments

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by mike470

I believe that due to the recent fake-account problems, the number of posts should be  highert to vote.   This, or an account must be around for at least 3 months.
    I believe that to vote, the person must have 100 posts, this way we will not have fake accounts trying to get the rating up. 
    Would this be possible MMORPG Staff?

Hahaha recent fake accounts??  newsflash people have multiple accounts on this site to hype or lower a games ratings.  This sites ratings were corrupted a very very long time ago.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The hype meters should be removed. But they won't be. There is no way to control people from voting multiple times. This is why noone who's been at this site for very long uses the hype meters as indications of anything but novelty use.

• LilianeLiliane Member Posts: 591

I just noticed that I could not rate/hype at all. I think it's good that it's more controlled, because many times I have seen in some mmorpgs own forum thread what is asking go to this site and hype "our" game.

What doesn't make the hype system information really correct. How ever even worst is that if someone sees some game what they do or do not like, been in wrong place, they gonna do rate/hype it so that it goes direction what they like more. I think these fanatics game hater and lovers cause more problem that even rate/hype spammers.

I have been here for while, even if I don't visit this site often, I think I should be able hype, without writing all the time here.

MMORPG.COM has worst forum editor ever exists