Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone own a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT?

TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

I am considering buying a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT and was wondering if anyone that currently owns it could post an opinion.

(I realize there are better cards on the market and many worse but for the price $189 cdn this is the best bang for my buck. I am just looking for owners opinions thanks)

Don't confuse a players ability, with a class being Over Powered.

-T

Comments

• NaazirNaazir Member Posts: 90

Personally, I have an 8800GTX at home but I dug this info up for you. I doubt you'll be disappointed by this card.

"Right now though, the GeForce 8800 GT offers you the best value on the planet when it comes to 3D gaming cards. You won’t be disappointed in its performance, and you won’t be disappointed in the cost."

One of many hardOCP writeups

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

http://www.tomshardware.com/2008/03/05/the_best_gaming_graphics/page4.html

i own 2 8800gt i have them in sli and they're great.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Friend of mine has the EVGA 8800GT and he loves it.

I am running 2 BFG 8800GTs (only because I bought one and another friend gave me his because he decided to stick with ATI, so I didnt say anything)

All in all, I believe you would be happy with it.

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• KeynoKeyno Member UncommonPosts: 47

I have one and love it... paid a bit more for it when it first came out, but well worth every penny.

EQ2 has issues with nvidia 88xx and 98xx cards, but all the other games just run smoothly.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Awesome thanks for all your responses, I was feeling fairly confident with my decision on this card but I am one of these people that like to read reviews on everything I buy so I appreciate all the good info.

-T

• NarishmaNarishma Member UncommonPosts: 74

While I don't own an EVGA graphics card (BFG), I do use a mobo from the same company.  Its solid as a rock, best mobo I've ever used, so I have complete faith in their products.

Good luck.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Well I ordered it today

And I just so happened to notice in a flyer today, that I saved $50 compared to the price they had listed in it.

woot!

-T

• RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

im running the BFG tech 8800 GT, its a great card