Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We need PVP in PVE servers

Hello, It would be quite good to see PVP on new continent whith new house area for new t6 houses and more powerfull GH, quests for t6 recipes for new equip and hardcore quests for group and raid.

Comments

• StarDaggerStarDagger Member Posts: 135

Originally posted by Volodya

Hello, It would be quite good to see PVP on new continent whith new house area for new t6 houses and more powerfull GH, quests for t6 recipes for new equip and hardcore quests for group and raid.

An MMO without non-consentual PvP is an intriguing form of group mastubation, nothing more.

Report to EVE Online for your lessons in PvP.

Yours in Laughing Plasma,

Star*Dagger

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

It'll probably never come at this point. 

Vanguard hasn't received a population increase to warrant the re-opening of even one server yet. Hell, everyone trods to one of two servers depending on their taste of PvE or PvP, and even those two are dimly populated.

Point being, I do think the current staff of Vanguard seems willing to conform to MMO conventions such as consensual PvP on most of their servers, but they probably wouldn't retroactively apply the ruleset to current servers.  

Should Vanguard ever receive a population boon that brings it back up to its original server count, it would be nice to see the current servers niched as alternate rulesets of forced PvE and forced PvP. That's pretty much what those odd choices of rulesets cater to, niche amounts of people which are part of many reasons Vanguard doesn't yet appeal to any masses. 

So while I doubt consensual PvP will ever come, it's probably been a considered point alongside other post-launch features such as raiding, instant travel and rest experience. It's just that consensual PvP can't be added as easy as other common gameplay mechanics SOE has already conformed to, and will continue to conform to.

If there is not danger in a game, the kind of people who make a game will stay away.

Any game that allows you to play only against AI is weak and pointless.

EVE has a small, strong and growing group of hardcore gamers.

We would rather have "modest" numbers (250k) of elite gamers than 9 million pajama clad 30 year old teenagers.

Enjoy,

S*D

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by StarDagger

If there is not danger in a game, the kind of people who make a game will stay away.
    Any game that allows you to play only against AI is weak and pointless.
    EVE has a small, strong and growing group of hardcore gamers.
    We would rather have "modest" numbers (250k) of elite gamers than 9 million pajama clad 30 year old teenagers.

Enjoy,
    S*D

I agree pvp in a game is best hardcore like EVE. EVE is my PVP game and does it better then any MMO out there.

I disagree that a PVE MMO is weak and keeps decent people away.

LOTRO is my PVE game and has many good people on it. It is a very strong PVE MMO that has got me hooked. The PVP in LOTRO sucks big time, BUT the PVE and the world environment is very well done. I never thought I could get into a non-pvp mmo but LOTRO is a very solid true MMORPG, and a very strong game.

For anyone who wants a visually stunning PVE RPG MMO Lord of the Rings Online will give you solid entertainment in it's very well done visually stunning world.

For PVP I stick with EVE.

As for forcing PVP on PVE servers?

WTF do you have PVP servers for? If you want PVP play a PVP game, or PVP server. Not everyone is playing the game your on so they can get gang raped while they are just enjoying their personal time.

• sonicsixsonicsix Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by StarDagger

LOL, the viewpoint of an elitest and oh so the minority. You must like being lonely.  From a business standpoint (which is what drives MMOs in the first place), they would much rather have the 9 million pajama clad 30 year old teenagers (your words) instead of the paltry 250k elitests who drive off everyone not like them.

• airheadairhead Member UncommonPosts: 718

3 or 4 years ago, I would probably have disagreed with Shoha...  but now, I think it's correct. I think we should even put pvp or pve in the acronym describing the game, like pvpmmorpg. The attempt to mix pve and pvp have failed over and over.... from technical difficulties (laggy areas) to gameplay difficulties (class-balance) to user desire difficulties (different people want different things). Shoha is right... better to just make pve / pvp part of the genre definition...

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by sonicsix

From a business standpoint

Is that so ? And who cares about that ? Here ? In this forum ? Are we businessmen here ?

Well, I'm not, at least. I'm a gamer.

And I dont want a game thats good "from a business standpoint". I want a game that is, guess what, FUN. WoW is not fun to me. WoW is shallow and mainstream in a bad way to me.

Vanguard isnt perfect either, but it has a lot of what I was looking for, and I dont know a better candidate for a game I want to play.

And even if you are a businessman, GET REAL MAN. There *is* already a game out there that has its 9.5 Mio or whatever subscribers. You just CANNOT get these numbers that easy as well. They already have that market share ! They wont give it to you for free !

And their game isnt a success because its so good. If it would matter if something is good or not, how could Windows ever possibly have beaten MacOS, Amiga DOS, Linux, OS/2, and many others ? WoW is a success because it has the right name, the right marketing, low hardware requirements, and easy accessibility to the masses. And you cannot get the same kind of success from your game simply because they already have the market. These guys play WoW now. They wont change WoW just because you made a similiar game. So dont try another WoW clone. Just dont !

For if you do an easy access game, you'll get bad press. Why ? Because you're not Blizzard, and the game magazines will write about your shallow gameplay.

And if you do a game with low hardware requirements, you get bad press. Why ? Because you're not Blizzard, and the game magazines will write about your bad graphics.

Thats how the reality looks like.

And besides, WoWo did NOT get 9.5 Mio subscribers overnight either. They started much lower as well. It was over the years that their number increased to these sizes.

So be a good businessman - and find a market nice that hasnt been conquered yet. Dont try to compete with WoW.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Saddly gamers do not make games.  They tried and failed due to lack of funding.  businessmen make games and if your game is not going to sell well to the masses then good luck getting funding.

CCP is doing quite well, and it even allows gamers to pay with in-game currency.

The point still stands, 250k of the best gamers will alway be more interesting than 9 million blue-pillers.

Enjoy,

S*D