Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape mining and smithing guide

LunethLuneth Member Posts: 63

Runescape Mining and Smithing Made Easier

A fully planned and applied scheme to training mining and smithing on Runescape.

Use them before they rust!

We Runescape players are totally nuts about mining and smithing. True - can anyone deny that? But the thing is that it isn't at all easy to train them when you may be allowed to play for, say, 2 hours a day? So what we do is rush into search engines and type stuff like “Free Runescape ores” and “Auto-mining and smithing autobots”. But most of them either steal the password or they don't work at all. C'mon, you can't deny that. So, to train mining and smithing faster, what can be done?

Most people then give up the once-dreamt-about mining and smithing skills. Of course, not that you can spend no time and yet achieve high levels. But one must utilize time and not waste it.

Well, that's what this article is all about. And if you think it wont work, try it out! That's the only way to find out of course.

Level 1 - 14

At this stage money isn't quite the thing to think about. All you need to do is focus. Say, you can try to increase 1 level per day. That is no trouble at all. Even more, you can train at least 5 levels at the start, that is, go right from level 1 to level 5 in the first day. Now the question is, where do I get my ores? Of course coming to that.

Being of low level, you can only mine some basic ores. So, go to the mines that are to the south of Varrock. There are always plenty of players there, so you can even chat with them while you mine. Once there, mine 14 tin and 14 copper ores (you need to have an empty inventory and your pickaxe must be wielded in your hand to do this). Then follow the road, northwards, to Varrock and store all your ores in the Eastern Bank.

Once you feel you have got enough ores, follow the same road southwards and go to the Al Kharid bank. Once there, take out 14 of each ore and smelt them in the furnace just next to the bank. Keep the smolten bronze in your bank and repeat to all your ores. Return to Varrock and smith them to bronze items. At low levels, you can keep smithing bronze scimitars.

Level 15 - 34

Now you get to mine iron, so do just that at the same mines as you did in lower levels. But once your combat level gets high, get going to fallador and use the dwarvean mines there. They are really a miner's perfect treat. Moreover, Fallador is the ideal spot for mining and smithing training as it has a pickaxe shop, mines, a furnace and anvils. So get 28 iron ores every round in your inventory (once again, empty inventory and pickaxe in hand).

Store these ores in the Southern gate bank. Do this until you get the needed amount of ores. Now comes smelting, the most annoying part of iron smithing. This time, you can get a bar of iron from one ore itself (unlike bronze). But to get the maximum number of ores, click on 1 ore at a time and then click on the furnace, instead of clicking on the furnace, right clicking the “iron” option and clicking on “all”. Do this to all your ores.

Now get back to the dwarvean mines and use the anvils there to smith iron items. For level increase, I suggest smithing scimitars at level 20 and 2h swords at level 29.

Now, at level 30, the whole thing about mining and smithing becomes special because it is at this level that you can make steel out of mined coal and iron. And steel indirectly means money alongside Exp.!

If you feel mining is for money, then here's your chance! Mine silver ores at the Al- Kharid mines (they're called Desert Chasms) and smelt them at the furnace there (in Al-Kharid). Use them accordingly to earn money!

Level 35 Onwards

Now you can work wonders with your level in mining and smithing. Keep mining coal and iron side by side from the Fallador mines (Dwarvean mines). Smelt steel from them and keep making steel scimitars up till level 39. Then start making steel war hammers. They give hardcore Exp, and quality money (when sold). Keep this continuous till level 46 and once there, start making steel platelegs or plate skirts. They give you the same Exp. As a steel battleaxe but fetch you more money.

Even though you can further make mithril items from level 50, I suggest keeping steel platelegs/plate skirts going as for making mithril items, you'll need mithril bars which require one mithril ore and 4 coal ore. This is not so easy when you haven't got time in hand. Keep this going till level 59 and once there, make your mithril bars and then mithril war hammers. Repeat this till level 79 and then start making adamant items (adamant war hammer). Keep this going till level 93 and then make rune war hammers.

Keep this going and you'll be level 99 in no time!

So there you are! Use you pickaxe and hammers before they rust. Of course, this will take some time but then it is much better than training the skills normally as this is a well planned and applied, fully working scheme. Follow it and reach what you had once dreamed!

Best of luck and happy mining and smithing!

Comments