Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guildhouses!!

Marcus79Marcus79 Member Posts: 24

Ah, they just started adding guildhouses, places you can buy and use and hold your stuff in. Still under development, but cool to see it progressing.

Anyone knows which are the next features they will add to guildhouses? I would like to buy one at cheaper prices and put a great set of weapons hanged on the walls, then invite people in my guildhouse. Will this be possible??

Comments

• AmerunoAmeruno Member Posts: 4

*chuckles hard* yes there are not many games whit toilets, especialy not MMRPGs. There have also been talk about storage in the houses and additional to that i heard that they are developing some kind of bank/storage function.

• RhokGehrigRhokGehrig Member Posts: 1

well... being a member of a guild that paid 7 million for a house... I can say it was worth the 1+ million I put in for it... there are just so many more opportunities for role play now... its a great place for guild meetings... without drawing a crowd... and I can say I've even invited other guilds members in the house... just for a visit... and its the perfect place to regroup in the middle of a battle

I am looking forward to holding an open house... just to see how many people we can stuff in there for a party...

its going to be a great thing moving forward 

• Marcus79Marcus79 Member Posts: 24

I've heard the new houses are cheaper, anyway lot of people is saving money for the next auctions. I can't wait to see another one! But I don't have so much money to buy one. I managed to have 35.000 trias, but it's a long way to buy an house!

• QueenofFoolsQueenofFools PlaneShift DeveloperMember Posts: 61

Remember, we have not set the prices for houses. Putting them up for auction is our way of seeing what the market will bear as well as seeing how much players would be willing to spend. It also has the effect of taking old exploit cash out of the game. The prices shifted downward naturally as people spent much of the money they had saved.

Over time we will experiment with other ways to distribute the houses and hopefully strike upon a great method somewhere down the line.

• AnumesaAnumesa Member Posts: 19
    The guild I am in (Call of Destiny) recently obtained a guildhouse and it is SO FUN! We bought furniture and decorated it almost immediately (our dropping items skills were put to the test) and now it is just a great place to hold meetings and to invite friends for parties etc.. I am really glad this got implemented and i cant wait to see what is added next :D
  • pstruthpstruth Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Ameruno

*chuckles hard* yes there are not many games whit toilets, especialy not MMRPGs. There have also been talk about storage in the houses and additional to that i heard that they are developing some kind of bank/storage function.
    People use to roleplay relieving themselves behind the tavern, presumably into the opening to the sewer that exists there.

Something else to keep in mind is that medieval toilets might mean a simple hole in the floor, if that.  In cities, many people simply defecated into the street through a window, or they stored human waste in their basement and had it taken away periodically.

• moteyalphamoteyalpha Member Posts: 32

What would make you think of stuff like that pstruth .  Are you suggesting you want an RP game for potty training.

• moteyalphamoteyalpha Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Tuxide

Originally posted by moteyalpha

What would make you think of stuff like that pstruth . Are you suggesting you want an RP game for potty training.
    moteyalpha: Having toilets in guildhouses was my idea, I meant it as a joke to make fun of the many games that have sewers with no regard to what they are used for. No I was not being serious :-)

Yes and now that is funny I see.  Well then maybe a new feature like trepor piles and if you step in one it says "You have slipped on  trepor poo and fallen." And I am not being serious either just for the record.

<modedit>

• pstruthpstruth Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by moteyalpha

What would make you think of stuff like that pstruth .  Are you suggesting you want an RP game for potty training.

It's just a matter of history. If we were sticking to a purely medieval setting, people would be defecating into the streets. That's one of the reasons cities had such a reputation for being dirty and smelly.

• TaladTalad PlaneShift DeveloperMember UncommonPosts: 83

Selling of guildhouses is still proceeding. Just to give you an update we have now about 20 official guildhouses, which are run by players and used as headquarters of their guild. At the moment the guildhouses are mainly a place to store items and to gather for private meetings. The current guildhouses are very similar in the look, and players can add furniture to it. We are planning to add new guildhouse types in the near future.

Come to play or enhance our game PlaneShift!
  • Marcus79Marcus79 Member Posts: 24

Most guildhouses seems located in the main city, any plans to have guildhouses in the new areas, like the kran city or in the dungeons? Will be very cool. Maybe with lower prices! ;)

• QueenofFoolsQueenofFools PlaneShift DeveloperMember Posts: 61

We now have guild houses in many cities.  The gm team is also planning some guild house oriented events that are not predicated solely on $$$ so that should be cool. We do hope eventually to have guild houses out in nature, in the death realm, in the sewers, and other more "dark" locations.