Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions from a potential new player.

1. Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
  2. Does your character need to eat to live?
  3. Is there a warehouse for storage?
  4. Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)? Can you tell if someone has read your message (e.g. read receipts)? Is there a notification when you receive a message in your inbox?
  5. Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
  6. How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving (e.g. like World of Warcraft)?
  7. Can your character automatically move into range when attacking a target? In WoW, if the mob runs behind you, you have to manually turn around. Can your character automatically turn and attack in Vanguard?
  8. Is the character system class-based or open-skill based?

I'm sure I will think of more, but this is what I can think of right now.

Thank you

Comments

• ZsariZsari Member Posts: 71

Originally posted by Sieges

Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
    Does your character need to eat to live?
    Is there a warehouse for storage?
    Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)? Can you tell if someone has read your message (e.g. read receipts)? Is there a notification when you receive a message in your inbox?
    Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
    How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving (e.g. like World of Warcraft)?
    Can your character automatically move into range when attacking a target? In WoW, if the mob runs behind you, you have to manually turn around. Can your character automatically turn and attack in Vanguard?
    Is the character system class-based or open-skill based?

I'm sure I will think of more, but this is what I can think of right now.
    Thank you

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Yes, both bank and personal house can be used for storage.

4. Don't think so.

5. Yes, No.

6. The control is almost identical to EQ down to the "U" key, which WoW copied mostly from.

7. No.

8. Class based.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

There is a mail system similar to wow.  you can send mail to people offline, or money or items.  there is an ingame indicator when you have email.

---
    Ethion

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

1. They never break, even if their stats are lowered when they reach 0% condition. Never really happened to me. They can always be repaired back to 100%.

2. No, that detail is ignored.

3. Its called bank. You get 3 bank accounts - one on each continent.

4. Yes there is a mail system.

5. Various classes get pets. There are also some pets which are of no further use, just for show, such as the darkelf racial summon. You can have mounts and, in the endgame, flying mounts. None of the pets or mounts needs food.

6. Why damn why do WoW players always assume I have played their damn game ?

7. No. You have to move yourself.

8. There are 15 classes.