Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I give up

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

$12.99 for this !!!

I understand  it's the oldest MMO, I understand that the graphics are outdated, I understand that if you give it a chance that there is a lot of content, but something needs to be done with the interface and windows if there to expect new players, I went in with the understanding that there is a heavy learning curve, but it should not be because they don't feel like putting any time into the interface and expect $12.99 from new players.

I'm sure I'm like most, I gave it 2 days and quit, could have potential if they at least fixed the basics.

Comments

• headsplitheadsplit Member Posts: 27

Its a good thing, the wasters leave after 2 days leaving the game to dedicated lovers of the game.

I play UO for the community, its the best online community on any game i have ever played.

Graphix dont make good game play, the people who you play with enhance the game better than any 3d fancy dan interface will ever do.

"It all boils down to how the chemicals flow to the brain"

• ShadowhearthShadowhearth Member Posts: 174

. UO has allways 2d graphic, some poeple love it for it. Some poeple hate it ...

But moust important thing in UO is community, which is  mature and non-jackass, i ever seen in mmo.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I'm absolutely sure the community is mature, helpful, and just good all around. In my OP it has that I understand the graphics are older, as a matter of fact I'm kind of old, I knew exactly what I was getting into as far as graphics from videos on YouTube and screen shots, so thats in no way an issue. 

However on first startup I found that the game only used the top left corner of my screen, I changed the resolution to fit most of my screen, and now all open windows bacame large, making it impossible to have much open at one time such as spells, skills,map, and my bag, with no way to resize. I'm sure all you vets can zoooom around the game like nothing. I assumed with charging $12.99 a month they would like to see more new players with this classic.  BUT If they can't even put in some kind of effort to make this game even a little bit user friendly, then they should not expect anyone to stay. 

I assumed that the high learning curve was because of deep content, not a bad UI that everyone has to work around. So this is what I get for assuming. 

So, ok I understand this game is only for vets, and the very few that like the MAJOR challenge of working around poor mechanics of the UI. I played many free trials, a lot I had continued to play long after, this was the first I stoped after only 2 days.

And last the cancellation of the free trial is very very tricky more so than all.  I should check my credit card account !

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

The thing with me is I'm so tempted to go back but last time I did a few months ago it was weird. I had played the game on and off since '97. I ran from one end of Luna and Umbra to the other and didnt see a single person. I went all over the place and the only people I saw were AFK at the bank in Britian. In a way its sad to see the game empty but then again some people like that because they have most of the places to themselves.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Once AoS hit almost 5 years ago the game died. What is left is a Diablo2, EQ, WoW 2d ripoff. If they went back to pub 14 I would go back in a second. It is unfortunate that they charge so much for the game, I remember when they initially bumped to over 10 bucks a month and people quit over it. It is EA though, and they love their money. If people are willing to pay they are willing to take their money.

It wasn't a bad game until to many carebears got their way and ruined Fellucca with insurance and the personal bless deeds.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

UO was the best game ever made... no game i have ever played came close... but what they call UO today is not the same game... what it is today is compairable to most of what is on the market.. maybe even better still... I cant play it simply because of memories.. its depressing to play and its depressing not to play.. UO is basicly like crack.. and i can never forget what it felt like...

anway i would continue to try.. the UI isnt that bad.. its worse in KR so you could either play in 2D or get used to it... you will probably end up having more fun than in WoW if you continue

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344
    Originally posted by EndDream

UO was the best game ever made... no game i have ever played came close... but what they call UO today is not the same game... what it is today is compairable to most of what is on the market.. maybe even better still... I cant play it simply because of memories.. its depressing to play and its depressing not to play.. UO is basicly like crack.. and i can never forget what it felt like...
    anway i would continue to try.. the UI isnt that bad.. its worse in KR so you could either play in 2D or get used to it... you will probably end up having more fun than in WoW if you continue

If you have to "try" and like a game, then the game isn't worth it. You'd just be waisting your money and time.