Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Words on the end of every post cutting off...

SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Yeah, about the last 5 character if each post are being cutoff on the right side.  Anybody else having this problem, or is there some option I missed?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Comments

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Decrease text size might solve it. CTRL + mousewheel increase/decreases text size in Firefox.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by solarine

Decrease text size might solve it. CTRL + mousewheel increase/decreases text size in Firefox.

I am using IE. Decreasing the text size does make the problem go away. The only think is, it also makes the letters so small I can't read them.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by solarine

I am using IE. Decreasing the text size does make the problem go away. The only think is, it also makes the letters so small I can't read them.

LOL! My words exactly! ( Well not exactly, I would have use "thing" instead of "think" 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/169052

If it's really a site problem, I'm surprised more people aren't compaining...

------- END TRANSMISSION

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

It's not just an IE problem. I'm using Firefox and having it, too. Not in the end of every line, but some lines that end close to the border.

I do as I preach and go for decreasing text size, but c'mon mmorpg.com, I'd much rather you solve the issue than test whether I have supervision :)

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about it too (although if you look you will find other threads in this forum about it). This problem makes trying to read the forums so damn annoying I'm seriously considering not coming back to MMORPG.com at all anymore.

Anyway, happy one month anniversary without a fix!

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182

No problems here so far *knocks on wood*

I'd bet the people being affected are those with high resolution monitors who must set their browsers to use larger fonts to obtain a display that is anywhere near readable (I use 1600 x 1200 resolution). So for those who still have a 14 inch monitor and use 640 x 480, all might be dandy. But still, it's not 1985 anymore.

The other thing is that everything was fine here until an update was made on February 28th or 29th. Why that update simply can't be 'undone', I do wonder about.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

If you guys having the issue could send a screen capture of the issue to meddle @ mmorpg.com I'll talk to our designer about getting it fixed up.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I uploaded some fixes about 30 minutes ago.  Please let me know if this has solved your issues.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Nope, sorry Meddle. I (at least) don't see any changes at all from what I was getting before. But thanks for trying to get this issue resolved.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

got this problem too

more so at work because of the crappy monitor but - c'mon - i'm getting older and the larger font is a big help

is it so difficult to get the text to auto-wrap or whatever it is called?

More difficult than you might think with all of the differences in browsers out there.  I'm going to show this thread to our designer and let him troubleshoot with you guys.  Please include the following in your posts from here on out so that we can recreate / fix the issue with ease:

1. Link to the thread or page where you're seeing the issue.
    2. Your browser type and version.

Thanks for the patience with this guys, we'll get it fixed up.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Just to be clear, for me the entire forums are affected (all threads, all boards).

I use the latest version of Firefox, but there were others in an earlier thread who said they were using IE and were having the same trouble.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/169052

One more thing (I can't hit the edit button, it's not there!). I have my font settings permanently enlarged (in Tools > Content tab, for Firefox). This setting may cause different behavior than changing the font size (page by page temporarily) through the 'View' tab? I dunno...

I don't use IE much, but I probably followed these instructions when I originally set it up. And yes - I forgot. The forums are still fouled up for me when I use IE.

-------------------------------------

To override website font and color settings (in IE)

If you want to have the fonts and colors you specify in Internet Explorer to be used for all websites, regardless of the fonts that have been set by the website designer, follow these steps.

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

On the General tab, click Accessibility.

Select the Ignore colors specified on webpages, Ignore font styles specified on webpages, and Ignore font sizes specified on webpages check boxes, and then click OK twice.

And then afterwards this (under 'fonts - changing font size' in IE help)

-------------------------------------

Change webpage text size

You can make webpages easier to read by changing the text size. If you change the text size, graphics and controls will remain in their original size but the text size will change.

To change webpage text size

Open Internet Explorer.

Click the Page button, click Text Size, and then click the size you want.

Notes

To increase the size of everything on a webpage, including graphics and controls, use the zoom feature. To learn how to zoom, click Related Topics.

This will change the size of text displayed in webpages, unless the text size was explicitly set by the person who created the page. To learn how to override text settings set by the person who created the webpage and use the fonts you pick instead, click Related Topics.

In addition to changing the font size, you can pick the specific font type face you want to use. To learn how, click Related Topics.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

Hi,

I have found the problem to be a table cell not wrapping as it's supposed to.  The left side where the user avatar is was getting wider with the larger fonts and pushing the post body into the overflow.  I've fixed the cell (the thead row where it says Thread (## posts)) to not force the left column to expand.  Expect this fix to be on the site in the next few hours.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

Also worth mentioning, There is a new theme in the works for this site which doesn't fall apart when text sizes are changed... or have text slide out of frames/disappear or any of that crap.  It would be up now, but I haven't had a chance to finish it because the powers that be keep getting me to work on new sections for the site... which I suppose isn't a bad thing either!

So, there are prospects on the horizon for us.  I really want our site to hold up for all ways that people view it.  I hurts me soul a little bit when seeing sites (this one included) which can't look the same zoomed up as it does using default settings.

-Evan

Alrighty the new updates have been moved live.  Let us know how it goes

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Yep, you got it fixed! Thanks.

• maimeekraimaimeekrai Member UncommonPosts: 256

I just noticed as I was checking this thread to see if this had been worked on or not. I don't know why I didn't notice it in the other threads I was reading.

Now hurry and get that new theme finished.

Will it allow me to run MMORPG.COM in a maximized window at 1600px width without it doing funky stuff like giving me the site as a column down the middle with really, really wide borders, like now? In other words: Will it fill the window?

------- END TRANSMISSION