Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recently returned to the game and all the grid I did to get for my crafting skills is gone.

If I had wanted to try a new game I would have.  This company has so little respect for it's old gamers.  If they really wanted their old fan base to return with this free trial you think they would of at least tried to make some effort to make some things at least equitable.

Basically got told by the support team to get stuffed...

They will see no money from me

NA

Comments

• valkyrie36valkyrie36 Member Posts: 83

SA (SOE Anonymous) seminars are held nighty in most large cities. Call 1-800-SOE-FREE to get information about your local chapter and meeting times.

JUST SAY NO!

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

Sorry i didn't quite get what you were saying was wrong there?

did you mean you returned to a previous character and all his crafting exp/skills had been taken away ? so it's like your a new character again?.

sorry if i'm being dumb :)

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

I'm assuming this is the Vet trial?

If you were Master of an Elite crafting profession (such as Armoursmith, Weaponsmith, Shipwright, etc) pre-nge and you've logged in after the NGE for the first time as a level 1 the GM's should restore your master status.  All you should need as proof is the badges on your character.

If you've got a reply from a GM saying they won't, request that your issue is moved up to the next tier or to their supervisor.   Explain (calmly) to them that you were a Master of an Elite crafting profession when you left before the NGE and that this is your first time logging in since the NGE resulting in converting as a level 1 crafter. 

• godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416

Originally posted by Obraik

If you were Master of an Elite crafting profession (such as Armoursmith, Weaponsmith, Shipwright, etc) pre-nge and you've logged in after the NGE for the first time as a level 1 the GM's should restore your master status.  All you should need as proof is the badges on your character.
    If you've got a reply from a GM saying they won't, request that your issue is moved up to the next tier or to their supervisor.   Explain (calmly) to them that you were a Master of an Elite crafting profession when you left before the NGE and that this is your first time logging in since the NGE resulting in converting as a level 1 crafter. 
    Nice hes got a solution here, but should he really have to go through a SUPERVISOR, to get an issue like this resolved?

I dont know about SoE, but ive worked in a Cust Support Center, you work of FAQ's, its easy enough to make a FAQ question for this so CS Reps can resolve the situation themselves without pissing off their customers.

The User should not have to go the mile to resolve a mistake the company made.

---

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051

I would still love to hear if we are understanding this right!

the only other thing i can think of is that he is saying he had to work so hard to grind up his skills and now it,s much easier to level up, so negating all his hard work in the first place. I hope he does mean what we all think though as this second point would just get the response of "sour grapes" i'm still guessing though.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

No.

He logged in on a vet trial to a toon not played since Pre-NGE most likely. Sometimes, the crafters go to level 1, because that was their original combat level in the NGE.

Chances of getting that fixed are 50/50. Yes, it is an easy fix. Yes, many people have gotten it fixed. But, $OE has the worst customer service in the industry, so the chance is there. I know people that got this very issue fixed, lost the fix because of a server reset, and the next day the CS people told them they couldn't fix it, even though some others did the very day before.

For all of the criticisms of $OE that fans of this game have, none can say $OE CS is good with any level of credibility. Too many documented instances going the other way.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Burntvet

No.
    He logged in on a vet trial to a toon not played since Pre-NGE most likely. Sometimes, the crafters go to level 1, because that was their original combat level in the NGE.
    Chances of getting that fixed are 50/50. Yes, it is an easy fix. Yes, many people have gotten it fixed. But, $OE has the worst customer service in the industry, so the chance is there. I know people that got this very issue fixed, lost the fix because of a server reset, and the next day the CS people told them they couldn't fix it, even though some others did the very day before.
    For all of the criticisms of $OE that fans of this game have, none can say $OE CS is good with any level of credibility. Too many documented instances going the other way.

I actually had the reverse of this happen to one of my toons.

Shortly after the NGE, I logged into a rarely played toon I created on Gorath one night when Ahazi was down long long ago.

Made the toon an entertainer...level 1, no skills to speak of.  Had mastered nothing under the old skill system, but had the most boxes in entertainer.  Was granted badges for Elder Entertainer, Dancer, Musician, and Image designer.

Logged into the toon during the last vet trial, and lo and behold, the toon was level 90, master entertainer, with all the skills (less the expertise branches).

With no grinding at all.

Go figure.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• BilniusBilnius Member Posts: 3

Wanted to thank you all Obraik was correct in his 

assessment.  I followed your advise and got it raised to the next level of support and the issues was resolved.  I was apologized and told that is should have been resolved prior to that.

Many thanks to all for their suggestions.

NA

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Bilnius

assessment.  I followed your advise and got it raised to the next level of support and the issues was resolved.  I was apologized and told that is should have been resolved prior to that.

Happy to help :) 

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by Burntvet

I believe most of the issues arise from the CSR department, in what ever country they're located, uses an "index" system to hash out canned responces.  Back in the day I ran several tests to confirm this was exactly the issues with poor service.  I bevlieve someone else even posted on the OLD swg forums a ticket and the responce which lasted 2-3 sessions, all of which were canned; the ticket filed was purely fictitous in the sense they were looking for Dr Doolittle and the magical kingdom of gumdrops, or to the same effect.

Other then that, the live CSR members had normaly been VERY helpful.  The only times when something wasn't addressed as it should have been was due to their "indexing" system to filter out trivial complaints and requests. This is where we have gained a negative view on their CSR staff.

Tickets don't normally get looked at until the second or third escalation. Obraik nailed it on the head here.  ;)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by TheSlider

Originally posted by Bilnius

Happy to help :) 

It wasn't too hard for him at all to just stand up, poke his head over his cube there at $OE to give the account Department a heads up about you.

Good job fanboi! 

Gotta love posts like these . Although I'm not quite sure it's Obraik I'd label as the fanboi here .

He's not the one still foaming at the mouth over a long dead GAME.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Originally posted by Obraik

I had master munitions restored on a friends account by doing similar reports.

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Originally posted by namelessbob

I had master munitions restored on a friends account by doing similar reports.

So the checklist for a returning player is:

1. Try and download the trial since that is the only way to actually get the software.

2. Download a non-supported UI mod from some random website to make the UI usable.

3. Spend half an hour tweaking the keyboard and mouse settings to make them usable.

4. Log in to your account and open a GM ticket hoping you can get the one clueful GM that can restore your badges/levels/skills. Repeat this step until you actually get a response from the one GM that can help.

Yeah SOE wants players back alright...