Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Laptop for EQ2

OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

I am thinking about buying a laptop as a secondary computer to my desktop, and I would like to be able to run EQ2 on it. Anyone has any experience with this?

I know I could get a rather expensive laptop and I would be fine, but what about more crappy graphics cards, for instance the 8400m gs one? Just trying to find out how much I would have to spend to get EQ2 to run on a laptop.

I don't raid or pvp and I could turn down graphics all the way, just as long as it runs decently.

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

I play EQ2 on a DELL XPS M1730. Runs almost perfectly on Very high quality. Get a few memory crashes here and there in the really busy zones but thats common for many players. The laptop is expensive, but definately worth it in my opinion. Then again, it all depends on how much you are willing to spend.

• ElJackylElJackyl Member Posts: 54

I just bought an Acer Aspire 5720-4126. Got it on sale it CC for $529 which was a steal. The same PC is now 100 bucks more. But you can shop around. It has a 1.6 ghz dual core, 2gb of ram, integrated card but it's decent. We bought it for my girlfriend to play EQ2 and it works great. If you shop around you can pay about $600 and have a decent running machine.

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

Very nice indeed, this is the first time I hear someone being able to run EQ2 on an integrated graphics card. Maybe they are becoming better after all. Sounds like a GF 8400m would do the job just fine then...

Oh, and I would love to get a XPS 1730, but this is only intended to be my secondary computer, I will spend the big bucks on my next desktop.

• ElJackylElJackyl Member Posts: 54

It is true that integrated graphics cards used to be the kiss of death. Nowadays with people watching movies and multi-tasking they are making the integrated cards better. My desktop has an integrated geforce6100 and it runs EQ2,SWG,EVE,and COH. I just jacked up the RAM and it gave the system enough memory to work with. I'm getting ready to put a dedicated card in which will put my performance through the roof. The laptop card is a 333 mb card. With the dual core processor it doesn't seem to tax the 2gb RAM at all. With my personal experience the integrated nvidia compatible cards do better than the integrated ATI cards. But that's just a personal observation.