Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 Dragons really that bad?

Comments

• UnrealevilUnrealevil Member Posts: 14

Like a lot of other free games, it's worth trying.  What do you have to lose?  This gave me a month of fun, at least and while I probably wouldn't go back to it, I'm not ashamed that I played it because for something that's free, it's entertained me for a long time.

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

As many others before me have said, 9Dragons is bugged.

None the less, I like it a lot more than WoW, LotRO, and other mmorpgs.

I havn't played it for a while, since all I seem to do is training my skills and dying to avoid lvl-up. But occasionally I look at my desktop, see the 9Dragons icon - and click it. I update the game, and then join in on the fun. I've made countless mmofriends this way, because people are simply more friendly than other mmorpgs - even though there's no "group"-related quests (as far as I've seen). There are group-related "dungeons" and such, but no forced-"You have to be in a group to do this quest"-quests, like there is in LotRO.

I've been playing 9Dragons since back when the european server wasn't run by Acclaim... I don't exactly remember the year, but I think it's about 3-4 years back, when I first started on my boarding school.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • DutchggDutchgg Member Posts: 12

Iff you say that it goes boring after 20 then your the biggest retard in history. because:

after 20 you get new skillz with your class

The monster get cooler

The skillz get cooler

You get awsome armor

You do dungeons

There are herobands

You kan pk in the new server

the weapons get uberly awsome (sabers btw)

So it isnt boring and the pvp is so good in this game!

• DutchggDutchgg Member Posts: 12

iam over lvl 40 so i know what iam saying people dont quite this game its the best!

• KroggKrogg Member Posts: 480

Originally posted by Dutchgg

iam over lvl 40 so i know what iam saying people dont quite this game its the best!

Someone tell this guy that tastes are subjective....and lvl 40?  woo to the hoo, you must know what type of game I would like, I'm going to listen to YOU!

• LimonesLimones Member Posts: 95

I'm level 44 at the moment but I have to agree with the previous posters. I seem to have hit a brick wall when it comes to grinding xp. I used to play lots of hours on one day for weeks after another but now I simply lost interest. There is not much to look forward to except huge glowing weapons. So yeah I sometimes get the urge to click the icon on the desktop just to enjoy some nice martial arts animations but after killing about 100 monsters I get tired and I exit the game to leave it untouched for a week or 2 after which I repeat these actions.

The game is awesome and original. I'm a huge fan of martial arts and I was thrilled to see animations that look so real as you may have seen often in almost every Kung Fu movie. But I guess Acclaim is killing it by not updating content and just leaving it alone. Making it one big grindfest with nothing to look forward to.

• BeathawkBeathawk Member Posts: 5

I agree with the previous poster. I played this game for sometime and got VERY bored. It had almost no quests at all after level 30, and nothing to look forward. You just grind monsters and nothing else. This games has like no content at all.

It neither has WASD movement, you have to click with the mouse. Also one big storyline quest in the beginning which I can't remember now, was way too hard for a normal player. You had to have a big (10 players) party or someone high level to help you out.

Planning to play 9Dragons? I suggest you not to, it's a waste of time. There a lot of better games with this exact same game engine such as 2Moons (from Acclaim) and Perfect World (MUCH content). Both are free.

Score: 5/10

• krisoooookrisooooo Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by Beathawk

I agree with the previous poster. I played this game for sometime and got VERY bored. It had almost no quests at all after level 30, and nothing to look forward. You just grind monsters and nothing else. This games has like no content at all.
    It neither has WASD movement, you have to click with the mouse. Also one big storyline quest in the beginning which I can't remember now, was way too hard for a normal player. You had to have a big (10 players) party or someone high level to help you out.
    Planning to play 9Dragons? I suggest you not to, it's a waste of time. There a lot of better games with this exact same game engine such as 2Moons (from Acclaim) and Perfect World (MUCH content). Both are free.

Although you know that 2Moons and Perfect World don't have the same engine and are nothing like 9Dragons? And actually there is no reason to play 2Moons or Perfect World because you hit a wall just like in 9Dragons. Maybe of the 3 games my vote will go to Perfect World because it has much bigger landscape (wich is mostly seamless) more quests and overall more content, but the grinding is much there too, so if you don't like to grind you should not play any of those games. Maybe do what i did, get to level 30 in Perfect World because it's pretty fast (you got a lot of quests during those levels) and fly around to look at the pretty

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

Originally posted by Beathawk

i dont know what game u played but i play 9dragons and i still get enough quests (im lvl 64)

true u dont get quests every lvl but u do get enough. theres one quest thats too hard to take on the lvl u get it, just lvl up and try it later =D no1 can help u out with it u need to do it all yourself

best way to lvl up is a party of 9 (thats max) with shared xp, or just solo

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• BeathawkBeathawk Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by 3on1
    true u dont get quests every lvl but u do get enough.

INDEED. Thanks for proving my point. You don't get quests every level. Though you should get many quests every level to keep the game interesting to play. Now you just do one small quest in every few levels and the rest is pure grinding.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

i played multiple western games that have less quests then 9dragons, for example anarchy online (which is a fantastic game) although AO makes up for this with a wide range of big dungeons, thats something i miss in 9dragons

quests aint everything.. imho

next to that theres still one or two quest series missing in the american/EU version

but my main point was that u saying "u hardly get any quests after lvl 30" is false, u do get quests on a regular basis, sometimes even more then 1 quest a lvl if thats soo important to you ;)

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• Andy379Andy379 Member Posts: 14

i like the game(league of beggars rule) although im just lvl 42 i think the games awesome

• DevonnnnDevonnnn Member Posts: 6

its not that bad, its worse.

Everybody wants to be a cat. 'Cuz a cat's the only cat, who knows where it's at!

Currently Playing

• DevonnnnDevonnnn Member Posts: 6

it did get boring after a while

Everybody wants to be a cat. 'Cuz a cat's the only cat, who knows where it's at!

Currently Playing

• SQUEEZOIDSQUEEZOID Member UncommonPosts: 2

its sad.. 

9dragons its a good game but if the company just let the game die... its start to sux..

animation its good, skills are good.. grafics are pretty good... BUT... its allways the same.. i have a sacred flower lvl 72 and a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT of Alts lower lvl... and why.. well coz i reach a point where all i can do is grind.. and that sux.. i have almost all my skills max, i have great items.. and thats it.. i got it fast.. i get bored fast.. so i start a new character.. i lvl up fast, got items fast.. i start a new character and thast it..i have 4 fucking acounts and i didnt find something that make me stay.. in fact i quit the game after a few weeks of play...

but still the best you can do is download it and play it... maybe you find that special thing to love the game no matter if you grind or not...the only one that can say if it sux or not its you.. i read some1 syaing the skill training is bored.. I JUST LOVE THE SKILL TRAINING....lol...ppl say wow rules.. i try it.. wow sux...for me... my point of view... loose a few hrs of your life...its not that horrible..just dont wait to much atention and news from the aclaim dudes

• AbejundioAbejundio Member Posts: 10

its not that bad, its worse.

WoWFusion - Kitame - [F]Troll - Shaman - Level 70 - 0/44/17 - [DW]Enhancement - <Allys Nightmare>

• AbeniAbeni Member Posts: 5

The skill system is great too

• AbejundioAbejundio Member Posts: 10

WoWFusion - Kitame - [F]Troll - Shaman - Level 70 - 0/44/17 - [DW]Enhancement - <Allys Nightmare>

• asdfghjklSSasdfghjklSS Member Posts: 2

The skill system is great...

• qwertyuiopssqwertyuiopss Member Posts: 3

Y E S

• CHENEYYYCHENEYYY Member Posts: 3

Like most asian mmorpgs the first 20 levels are easy.  Then you hit the grind wall and everything slows to a crawl.

• CHENEYYYCHENEYYY Member Posts: 3

Y E S

• asdfghjklSSsasdfghjklSSs Member Posts: 4

Like most asian mmorpgs the first 20 levels are easy.  Then you hit the grind wall and everything slows to a crawl.

• AacesAaces Member Posts: 4

like people said, it'll get boring real fast

• DevoffffnDevoffffn Member Posts: 3

The skill system is great too

This discussion has been closed.