Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm greatly looking forward to Fallen Earth

awozawoz Member Posts: 48

I really like the concept of post-apocolyptic games. Looking at the graphics makes me think of the Road Warrior series of movies a little bit. I like the game idea of survival, finding supplies, and not in some wierd planet but right here on Earth with maps that resemble known places, like the Grand Canyon. That's perfect.

The Fallout series of games are a bit like that. There was another old Apple game that had extremely simple graphics, and you recruited a gang of people, searched the ruins for supplies, fixed up your vehicles, had to repair their tires after each fight, could ram, board enemy vehicles and take control of them. I can't remember the name, it had a USA and Europe version though. I went and looked it up, Roadwar 2000 was the USA one.

It was a lot of fun. But it was dumb in that each time you searched it was just a random die role what you would find. And the combat was extremely slow and took too much "work".

Anyway, I just remember some of these old games and it looks a bit like Fallen Earth might fill some of these gaps.

One of the things I hope for in most games is something that is 1) perpetual and 2) can be effected by me. For instance in Ultima you could place a house and it would be there, it wouldn't reset and disappear each day. Also, in Ultima they had some player events that had long term consequences to the game actually permanently changing the graphics and spawns in an area, for instance. Or in Eve you can have player owned space stations and outposts that you defend, or conquer, or destroy. I got the feeling that if I'd stayed playing Tabula Rasa long enough there might be some of that there, as well. I've read in Shadowbane you can build towns you have to defend that can be destroyed.

I hope to see some player elements in Fallen Earth that I can effect the outcome of the game in some way, or building something that you see each time you log in, or some other personalization of the game. Earth and Beyond you could paint your ship with your own colors and logos, and even though you were the only one that could see it, at least it was "yours". Eve doesn't allow any customization of ships, and that's a shame, I'd really like to be able to have a ship I could paint "kills" on the side of etc.

My point is I will be playing Fallen Earth and will bring a small hoard of people with me, and I hope it has some of these elements. I'm looking forward to it's beta.

Comments

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

I'm looking forward to it too

With that said, you should head over to the official forums, where you'll find lots more information.

Thats where us fans hang out. The crowd here at MMORPG.com is just too boring with all their WOW/WAR/AOC/OpenPVPlz hype banther

imageThe last of the Trackers

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Although, this is the front line for converting.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Yes definitley one to look forward to the setting looks great. For all intents and puroses this is skill based and a sandbox to some extent so can't wait....

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Because there is nothing else even remotely like it out there....

That and there is nothing for us elf hating sandbox players out there except EvE.

• wihtgarwihtgar Member UncommonPosts: 119

This game looks great.  I can't wait for it to come out.   I plan on playing Vista.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

And its not a fantasy MMO : )

Right now im waiting for Darkfall, Fallen Earth, Eartrise and W.E.L.L Online. If they fail, im out from MMOs.

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Originally posted by daarco

And its not a fantasy MMO : )
    Right now im waiting for Darkfall, Fallen Earth, Eartrise and W.E.L.L Online. If they fail, im out from MMOs.

QFT!