Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

paying for the game with ISK?

greshickgreshick Member Posts: 14

I am a new player and I have heard you can pay for the game with ISK how do you go about doing this?

First and Foremost Chaos Reigns!

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

You have to get to the point where you are making a decent amount of isk / month.  Then you go and you buy EVE time cards in exchange for your isk.  HERE are the official CCP rules for selling your isk for time cards.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that it costs about 150-180 million isk for a 30 day EVE time card.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

or 380-420 million for a 90 day timecard.

with the addition of datacores, you can train up science skills and get a nice chunk of AFK isks.  if you're anti-social, (ironically) train up your social skills and get loads of iskies off running level 4 (possibly level 5) missions.

of course, getting to those points will take quite a bit of time.  joining a GOOD corp could get you in group ops that would earn you a sizeable income early on.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

Originally posted by greshick

I am a new player and I have heard you can pay for the game with ISK how do you go about doing this?
     Unless your insanely lucky to find a officer mod in someone's wreck or a random player sends you +100mil cause he saw you in local (happens sometimes).If you have no experience in playing eve or know the ropes you have no chance of earning and keeping 200mil to pay for your subscrition with isk.

After about 1-2 months of actual playing (not just logging on to train skills and then logging off and going back to WoW etc.) you should have enough knowledge to earn the ammount of isk to pay for your sub.