Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In box manual or D2D

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Just wondering if the in box manual is really important to have or if i could D/L the game and get by without. Is there good online manuals and such or is the game easy enough to figure out. Ty for any replys

Comments

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Anyone :)

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

You really don't need manual.. it's easy and you will learn it preety fast. Besides there is a tutorial in game.

If I'm not mistaken on the official site there are manuals in the digital form. =]

• Guild Wars wiki is far superior to any manual that could ever be printed on paper.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
  • GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

The manual isn't very good and it's not necessary at all to fully enjoy Guild Wars. Anything you can find in the manual is covered by GW Wiki, and usually better too. Add GW Wiki to your list of bookmarks if you're planning on playing the game; all your questions will be answered by the wiki.

Thanks for the replies. One last thing wife and i are messing with GW till WAR comes out and wondering since were both casual can we duo alot of GW if not all and can we pvp without guilds i have never really played the game much. Also is there alot to do that could last till June(hopefully War comes out then ) seeing as though we ll play casually 5-10 hours a week? Thanks again

Originally posted by Leucent
    Thanks for the replies. One last thing wife and i are messing with GW till WAR comes out and wondering since were both casual can we duo alot of GW if not all and can we pvp without guilds i have never really played the game much. Also is there alot to do that could last till June(hopefully War comes out then ) seeing as though we ll play casually 5-10 hours a week? Thanks again

Team Arenas (or TA for short) is a good place to go when one wants to team with specific persons, however you need to be 4 persons. Keep in mind though that TA features more challenge as you will encounter organized teams who know that they are doing, for a beginner to the game this may prove overwhelming.

The arena I would suggest you to start out in is Random Arenas, here you just click "join game" and you will be put together with 4 random persons, this is a good way to get a feeling of the game. From RA you can move on to TA. Should you decide to go to RA I advice you to check out this general guide to RA. Also you could watch through the great working builds RA section on PvXWiki to get a basic feeling of what builds work and what builds don't.

Of course there's lots of stuff to enjoy yourself with until June, after all it's around 3 months left. I would suggest you to not hesitate to pick up the game (again?) and try it out. Should you encounter any thing you want to know I strongly urge you to check the GWWiki or just ask here.

You re one helpful person thank you so much. One thing though in this RA can my wife and i join together and add 2 others or will we be in different arenas?

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Leucent

You re one helpful person thank you so much. One thing though in this RA can my wife and i join together and add 2 others or will we be in different arenas?

No, Random Arenas randomly (see the trick there?) places you in a team with three others, but once you get through to Team arenas you can team up with friends in a four man team pwn others

imageimage

Originally posted by Lonesamurai1
    Originally posted by Leucent You re one helpful person thank you so much. One thing though in this RA can my wife and i join together and add 2 others or will we be in different arenas?
    No, Random Arenas randomly (see the trick there?) places you in a team with three others, but once you get through to Team arenas you can team up with friends in a four man team pwn others

Of course if you join at around the same time and there isn't too many people around you should have a chance of getting into the same group, but TA is your best option here. As you may have seen if you read on GWWiki about TA you need to get 5 straight wins in RA, which is fairly easy, to get there; after that you can go own a bit in TA.