Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i come back?

markournmarkourn Member Posts: 10

Ok well I started playing L2 in open beta and continued for a month after it went live and quit. I quit the game     due to me being baited into killing a lowbie near a guard and of course I droped my bow which i spent alot of time geting and just had enough with the game. Since then I have played daoc/lotro, I love to pvp and even more love to have rare items others dont have.

I just stopped playing Lotro after a month because I maxed out the game and it had nothing left to offer me besides lame pvp and lame raids for gear I could get pvping. When I play a game I play it hardcore and will max everything out as fast as I can. Some people might call me an elitest but I just try to go all out on anything I do in game or real life.

My questions are as follows....

1-How is the pvp in this game, when i played the highest level was a 35 and most people were to scared to pvp. Do you still drop your gear when you die in pvp?

2-How often do the big pvp battles occur?

3-Would I be stupid to use the money from selling my lotro account to purchase a lvl 78?

A- How are people treated who bought accounts off ebay? Will I be mocked at and ignored for ebaying?

4-Are there alot of hard to get/rare items to obtain?

5-How much do levels matter when you get into the 70's? Is a lvl 75 that much greater then a lvl 73? Would a lvl 80 destroy a lvl 78?

6-Can you de-level if you are killed and lose enough xp?

7-Have the graphics been updated since launch?

8-Are there still alot of exploits/cheats out for this game?

-I remember the cheat where you would trade with someone and have them mark up the items to a crazy price and once a certain # was reached it would reset the asking price to a few adena and the person would lose his item for almost nothing.

9-Are all classes viable in pvp or are some excluded from getting groups and guilds?

10-What are the chances off a ebayed toon getting into a good pvp/respected guild?

11-Is it to late to start playing again or will I be left in the dark, I wont have any friends helping me out so I will be 100% solo starting out?

12-What server would you recommend I try and purchase a toon on.

I know I asked alot of questions but I appreciate anyones response. TY

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by markourn

Ok well I started playing L2 in open beta and continued for a month after it went live and quit. I quit the game     due to me being baited into killing a lowbie near a guard and of course I droped my bow which i spent alot of time geting and just had enough with the game. Since then I have played daoc/lotro, I love to pvp and even more love to have rare items others dont have.
        I just stopped playing Lotro after a month because I maxed out the game and it had nothing left to offer me besides lame pvp and lame raids for gear I could get pvping. When I play a game I play it hardcore and will max everything out as fast as I can. Some people might call me an elitest but I just try to go all out on anything I do in game or real life.

1-How is the pvp in this game, when i played the highest level was a 35 and most people were to scared to pvp. Do you still drop your gear when you die in pvp?
    3-Would I be stupid to use the money from selling my lotro account to purchase a lvl 78?
        A- How are people treated who bought accounts off ebay? Will I be mocked at and ignored for ebaying?
    5-How much do levels matter when you get into the 70's? Is a lvl 75 that much greater then a lvl 73? Would a lvl 80 destroy a lvl 78?
        -I remember the cheat where you would trade with someone and have them mark up the items to a crazy price and once a certain # was reached it would reset the asking price to a few adena and the person would lose his item for almost nothing.

9-Are all classes viable in pvp or are some excluded from getting groups and guilds?
    10-What are the chances off a ebayed toon getting into a good pvp/respected guild?
    11-Is it to late to start playing again or will I be left in the dark, I wont have any friends helping me out so I will be 100% solo starting out?

1, pvp is fine. Highest lvl is 80 though that is certainly not the majority of players as it is difficult to get there.

2, Depends. Every 2 weeks are the sieges but that depends on if anyone is sieging. if you are on a more populated server you will get more battles. Bartz for NA and Teon then Franz for Euro. There are also clan wars which can get very large.

3, Only you can decide how best to spend your own money. Others might take that money and put it in a mutual fund or 401k. Know that though there are many people who cheat, it is not looked on too well. Though again, there are many. Personally, if I ever find out who you are, not only will I let many people know, I will see if we can have friendly mulitple clan and alliance hunts to pk you forever. And not just my clan and alliance, everyone who hates people who pay to get to high lvl. And I'm pretty easy going, just ask anyone. There are many who will hate you more and will make it their personal mission to discredit you at every chance they get.  That is how it is viewed in game. But there are others who do it so just ask around. I'm sure you will find a place.

4, There are many hard to get items. But unless you belong to a large alliance or can gather many large clans you will not be able to raid for them. You might be able to purchase them for incredible amounts of in game currency.

5, Depends. Certain lvl ranges get very powerful skills so yes, sometimes a lvl can make a huge difference up there. Then again, some classes are more powerful in pvp no matter what. An 80 can very well decimate you as skills cost millions upon millions at that lvl and it is possible they will have access to certain powerful skills that you are still saving for. It's very situational.

6, yes you can delvl

7, A bit. They really are timeless for graphics. There are some things that seem dated but is depends. I highly doubt you will notice it is is an older game though.

8, There are some things like Walker, etc. You will have to look around for stuff like that. Not sure how many exploits there are as they seem to have been taken care of earlier in the game. I don't think your particular exploit is in the game still.

9, No, but every clan is different. Some will want buffers some will have a second or third account for buffers,, etc. It really depends on the clan or alliance.

10, Respected guild? as soon as you are found out you will be ousted. Well... you certainly show your quality sir, now don't you?

11, It's never too late to start, especially if you are going to cheat to get a toon. In that case you should be fine.

12, Oh I don't know, you seem like a gem and any server would just be lucky to have you. However, if you are NA then go to Bartz, more population and more action. Euro? Go to Teon or Franz.

Welcome back to lineage 2

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • markournmarkourn Member Posts: 10

I appreciate your response but in regards to purchasing a account I would have to disagree. The question is what is more valuable to me, the time to get to a high level or the few hundred it would take to purchase a lvl 78.  Some people care not to be bothered with the tedious task of leveling up in a game especially this one. I have done the grind thing in a countless number of games but for me to enter L2 which has already been out a long time and attempt to level up and farm for adena to become competitive would easily take a year. If the money that I plan on buying my L2 account came from my profit of selling my Lotro account then to me it's a win win. The 240 hours of play time it took to max my Lotro account will earn me a L2 account which I'm sure took double that playtime. It would be at this point in the game unefficient for me to start brand new and please don't lecture me on how I'm missing out on the fun of the game, grinding isn't fun.

I appreciate your response but in regards to purchasing a account I would have to disagree. The question is what is more valuable to me, the time to get to a high level or the few hundred it would take to purchase a lvl 78.  Some people care not to be bothered with the tedious task of leveling up in a game especially this one. I have done the grind thing in a countless number of games but for me to enter L2 which has already been out a long time and attempt to level up and farm for adena to become competitive would easily take a year. If the money that I plan on buying my L2 account came from my profit of selling my Lotro account then to me it's a win win. The 240 hours of play time it took to max my Lotro account will earn me a L2 account which I'm sure took double that playtime. It would be at this point in the game unefficient for me to start brand new and please don't lecture me on how I'm missing out on the fun of the game, grinding isn't fun.

Hey, your questions easily insinuate that you know full well how buying accounts might be looked upon in a gaming community.

Your money is your money so use it as you see fit. But don't act injured or insulted if you ask and find players who find acount buying distasteful.

So, as before, my advice is that if you purchase an account, try not to let anyone find out that you did. Oh sure, people do it. But like any society, there is only so much that people will look the other way/embrace you as a player. As soon as you are discovered AND you are made to look like you are worse than hitler then you will be sought after by those who want to take you down or those who no longer want to be associated with an account buyer. Quite frankly, it depends on a lot of things, how you act in game, etc.

And, if you bot, then expect your enemies to find you and use a nice little feature where they kill you, give you a regular rez and then they proceed to do this until there are no more rez's to be had. I've heard stories where they have delevelled characters to a great amount.

But again, your money, your reputation. Have fun!

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

Well said Sov, some people will never understand, always have an excuse. Bottom line to the OP , you are already being laughed at, if you can't play by the rules here find a place where you can and leave the excuse out like " It's been out for years now, I'll never catch up" ...etc

I hope you do choose to come to Lin2 and come to Bartz server, be only maybe less then an hour before your figured out.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by Sovrath

1, pvp is fine. Highest lvl is 80 though that is certainly not the majority of players as it is difficult to get there.

pvp is not fine you pretty much a 1 or 3 shot for anyone equal lvl as you

cheating also play's a big role in pvp, with a staff that hardly care's about it

this is also very gear depantet game and fighting enemy's with boss jewel's when your own guild dosen't have em is a big disadvangte 

lvl's also play's a huge role in this game someone that's 79 when your 76 has a advangete over you, and people who are lvl 80 can kill entire siege force's or make they own clan invicble for 30 second's

3, Only you can decide how best to spend your own money. Others might take that money and put it in a mutual fund or 401k. Know that though there are many people who cheat, it is not looked on too well. Though again, there are many. Personally, if I ever find out who you are, not only will I let many people know, I will see if we can have friendly mulitple clan and alliance hunts to pk you forever. And not just my clan and alliance, everyone who hates people who pay to get to high lvl. And I'm pretty easy going, just ask anyone. There are many who will hate you more and will make it their personal mission to discredit you at every chance they get.  That is how it is viewed in game. But there are others who do it so just ask around. I'm sure you will find a place.
    shoulden't be to hard to find a clan with a ebayed toon if you know how to play

then about ebaying adena's you shoulden't worry about it a lot off people does it in this game, and even if you find a clan where it's not allowed you can expect a lot off ebayer's in it, and the clan leader probly won't care about it in the end.

4, There are many hard to get items. But unless you belong to a large alliance or can gather many large clans you will not be able to raid for them. You might be able to purchase them for incredible amounts of in game currency.

top clan's are stocked up with thoes item's maybe except valakas neklace, but if you aren't among em then you have to spend a lot off adena's to get em 

i woulden't recommend buying a account, they's a lot off account scammers in this game making a lot off money selling a account then calling it back and selling it again.

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

And, if you bot, then expect your enemies to find you and use a nice little feature where they kill you, give you a regular rez and then they proceed to do this until there are no more rez's to be had. I've heard stories where they have delevelled characters to a great amount.

the right way to bot and be a ass, is to bot up all the way before you tag up, and you can turn off auto rez for walker, superman wind or whatever your use

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

I just stopped playing Lotro after a month because I maxed out the game and it had nothing left to offer me besides lame pvp and lame raids for gear I could get pvping. When I play a game I play it hardcore and will max everything out as fast as I can. Some people might call me an elitest but I just try to go all out on anything I do in game or real life.  You do realize, you are by far from being an elitist or anything hardcore. Hardcore people climb their way up the ladder to play with the big boys.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• markournmarkourn Member Posts: 10

Like I said I  could careless about leveling and will be buying a account. If the notion of me buying a account pisses anyone off in the game, thats only more reason for me to do it. I'm sick and tired of these people trying to dictate how someone plays or what they do. It's funny because the people who cry about ebayers are probably the same people who buy adena yet wont ever admit to it. Your more then welcome to pass judgment on me but in the end I will be the one laughing at everyone who have spent countless number of hours grinding away.

Originally posted by Sorrowho

pvp is not fine you pretty much a 1 or 3 shot for anyone equal lvl as you

cheating also play's a big role in pvp, with a staff that hardly care's about it

this is also very gear depantet game and fighting enemy's with boss jewel's when your own guild dosen't have em is a big disadvangte 

lvl's also play's a huge role in this game someone that's 79 when your 76 has a advangete over you, and people who are lvl 80 can kill entire siege force's or make they own clan invicble for 30 second's

shoulden't be to hard to find a clan with a ebayed toon if you know how to play

then about ebaying adena's you shoulden't worry about it a lot off people does it in this game, and even if you find a clan where it's not allowed you can expect a lot off ebayer's in it, and the clan leader probly won't care about it in the end.

top clan's are stocked up with thoes item's maybe except valakas neklace, but if you aren't among em then you have to spend a lot off adena's to get em 

i woulden't recommend buying a account, they's a lot off account scammers in this game making a lot off money selling a account then calling it back and selling it again.

You are such a fatlist Sorrowho

Not everyone gets 1-3 shot. Though I would say that NC is very clear about classes being exactly what they are and no more. So, there are classes that do well in pvp and classes that are far better at pve.

and lets say the 1-3 shot theory is true. Well, that means your enemy can be 1-3 shot as well. So get in there and get 'em!

Yes, it is a gear dependent game. So, get your clan/alliance into action and start taking down the Raid Bosses. This is not a game where things are given to you, you have to earn it. Which of course leads to...

"Yes", there are cheaters in the game. There are also a lot of Legit players. I can't speak for other servers but on Hindemith, if you are a cheater and it starts to become widely known, people do start avoiding you... of course, there are clans/alliances that look the other way. I'm not naive so I'm not going to say there aren't people who cheat. But if the community tacitly accepts it then it will become the norm.

Also, I've seen plenty of people who have admitted that NC caught them and they were banned. So NC does ban people. I'm not sure about their internal logic as there are some who claim they were unjustly banned, but there it is.

This discussion has been closed.