Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tales of pirates new game or just another copy

legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

hey people i want to know what you think of TALES OF PIRATES

is it a great new game or just another copy of some other game??

enjoy

Comments

• LightBearerLightBearer Member Posts: 13

Tales of  Pirates is a great game, and not a 'copy' of anything, though some are confused by the fact that the company has released the same game under 2 different names, Pirate King Online for the Asian market, and Tales of Pirates, the north American based version.

What I find refreshing about this particular mmorpg is the clever way the developers foster team play and interdependance. For those who are used to becoming strong and leveling themselves solo to high levels in a mmorpg, this  game can be a little frustrating. Each of the classes (or jobs) has its unique abilities, and is desireable in a group or 'party' to defeat certain monsters and accomplish certain tasks. At higher levels, interdependance becomes mandatory as the monsters become to tough to fight solo. I like this aspect of the game.

The game ahs a great many different quests, some such as the so-called 'story quest' are never-ending, and reap very nice rewards of gold, gifts, and experience points for your character. The new version allows for a 'rebirth' so that characters level 75 and above can rebirth and earn wings that really fly, reset their skills and stats, while retaining their money and objects, and of course memory of how to level up again! The classic "If I knew then what I know now" made reality, or rather virtual reality, hehe.

There is so much to do, I think it would be very hard to becime bored with this game. You can concentrate on Sea Commerce, on Guild Wars, on conquering Mazes, on destroying monsters and leveling to high levels, on crafting and manufacturing rare items, or combine all of these into a rich and rewarding experience.  The game is based upon the characters in the anime "One Piece" and has anime style characters, which may draw anime and younger fans, but not exclusively. I am not an anime fan, nor am I of the 'younger' set,  and I find the game fun, challenging, and rewarding, not to mention a nice vacation from WoW.

• glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

hey im playing TOP right now infact ive only started around an hour and a half ago...im lvl 10 stuck on a quest as usual lol and i already think its a grat game i dint kow i was based on 'one peice' i acctually like that anime show yup im a 15 year old anime fan! but ionly eally watc the enlis dubbed anime shows like naruto and one peice ad sometimes shaman king....my friend said to me the other day..."dude why are you watching kiddy shows ?" i said "they arent kiddy shows man its all anime!"

oh and btw are you an explorer nd do you knw whee the hell this silver mine is? i need to get something from a monster near there or soething like that....

• ToP is a great game it has some pretty good pvp and most ppl are nice and no its not a copy as previously mentioned

• freeleefreelee Member Posts: 102

agree with #4, it's a great game with good pvp.

• newbornnewborn Member Posts: 63

why is it on the main page as upcoming MMORPG in 08? o.O

• LightBearerLightBearer Member Posts: 13

Tales of Pirates is listed as an upcoming release for 2008 because it is still in Beta testing, and will have the final release soon.

• aliusdoomsaliusdooms Member Posts: 7

its great game i think

ajalali

• simmasimma Member Posts: 10

Lmao at that forum poll, i'm a ToP player, Simma in eternal sea, lvl 71 crus.

And no way in hell does ToP have better pvp than silkroad ><  no mmorpg does.

Don't get me wrong, i love ToP and all round it's a better game, but silkroad really is just great pvp =/

• simmasimma Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by LightBearer

Tales of  Pirates is a great game, and not a 'copy' of anything, though some are confused by the fact that the company has released the same game under 2 different names, Pirate King Online for the Asian market, and Tales of Pirates, the north American based version.

It's a not a copy per say, but it is a translater repackage, and it's leased to IGG, they didn't make it, the original game is the chinese version called King Of Pirates.

It was then leased out for the Korean market, and now the global market with US based servers.

• blacksonnetblacksonnet Member Posts: 1

i dunno how to pm so...hey simmas~ tis saffi

get off those other games and get back on phoenix!

• msldkmsldk Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by blacksonnet

i dunno how to pm so...hey simmas~ tis saffi
    get off those other games and get back on phoenix!

Maybe he just joined another server? ^_^

• QJuneQJune Member Posts: 3

okay lets make this clear.. pirate king online = tales of pirates = king of pirates.

I guess its all the same.

• vicarovicaro Member Posts: 7

i saw this game on many websites, so anyone can tell me is this game fun?