Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about command ships?

qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Hello, I am just about to start training cruiser 5 my last skill toward command ships, but I can't decide whether to train Gallente or Caldari. I will be able to equip both ships equally well and like both races. It's really just a question of which race has better command ships. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for the input!

Comments

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

night hawk looks awesome?

• darkfish0darkfish0 Member Posts: 65
    Gallente-

The Astarte is pretty awesome, one of the few CS that can solo well, however its quite a lot of training for what is basically a big brutix. Especially as the Eos is pretty useless since the nerf. The Eos's gang links are rubbish, and the tank and dps are sub-par compared to other fleet commands.

Caldari-

The Vulture is very cool, it has a beasty tank and its command links are awesome for shield tankers, especially caps. Its dps is not so good, but in line with the other fleet commands. It is also a very good sniper, thanks to it's bonuses, which gives it a great spot in all large gangs. The nighthawk is the ultimate missile spammer, with a very good tank and a lot of dps.

So overall, caldari is ftw and gallente fails, although if it was a choice between all 4 i would go with minnie, theyre a lot more fun in the small gangs with the speed links. Amarr CS are average, but their links are great, a must with all armor tanking gangs.

--------------------
    Member of Coreli corp.
    We have the boosters you crave!

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194

Pick gallente. I was at the same point as you and couldn't decide between gallente and caldari. I chose caldari because I already had t2 heavys. It was a mistake. Nighthawk isn't that much better than a drake. It costs a ton more than a drake and shoots missiles which are crap. Vultures ok, but does crap damage. People mainly use it for anti-support sniping but its kind of been made obsolete by the cheaper, more dps, new improved eagle. The gang support modules for the caldari command ships are alright. It's a toss up between the 2. GO GALLENTE! I've cross trained over to minmatar now cant stand caldari.  The only ships I like are the ecm boats. They rock! I feel almost invincible in a falcon. Downside is the dps and you're always primary so you don't get on many killmails because you're always having to warp off. Also, you'll get to fly ishtars which are amazing nano'd up. I'm cross trainign over to gallente after im done with minmatar.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by darkfish0

Gallente-

The Astarte is pretty awesome, one of the few CS that can solo well, however its quite a lot of training for what is basically a big brutix. Especially as the Eos is pretty useless since the nerf. The Eos's gang links are rubbish, and the tank and dps are sub-par compared to other fleet commands.

Caldari-

The Vulture is very cool, it has a beasty tank and its command links are awesome for shield tankers, especially caps. Its dps is not so good, but in line with the other fleet commands. It is also a very good sniper, thanks to it's bonuses, which gives it a great spot in all large gangs. The nighthawk is the ultimate missile spammer, with a very good tank and a lot of dps.

So overall, caldari is ftw and gallente fails, although if it was a choice between all 4 i would go with minnie, theyre a lot more fun in the small gangs with the speed links. Amarr CS are average, but their links are great, a must with all armor tanking gangs.
    thks M8,

That's exactly what I was wondering. It wouldn't be a problem to train Minmatar cruiser, the problem is I don't have artillery trained. Other than that, Minmatar would be my first choice. I love the whole concept of blasters and drones, but it seems the nighthawk is to good to pass up. Still, I hate the Idea of training so long for a glorified Ferox. I'll probably play it safe and go Caldari.

• gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by qazyman

Originally posted by darkfish0

Gallente-

Caldari-

thks M8,

That's exactly what I was wondering. It wouldn't be a problem to train Minmatar cruiser, the problem is I don't have artillery trained. Other than that, Minmatar would be my first choice. I love the whole concept of blasters and drones, but it seems the nighthawk is to good to pass up. Still, I hate the Idea of training so long for a glorified Ferox. I'll probably play it safe and go Caldari.

No mate, you'll regret it. The nighthawk is not as good as gallent and especially minmatar. If you want to do pvp, train minmatar or gallente. Otherwise people will laugh at you as they outrun your missiles and pop your poor light drones.  If you just want to run missions and rat then it's probably one of the best ships to do it in because of it's tank and it's precision bonus to it's missiles and npcs cant outrun your missiles. Otherwise steer clear if you're thinking of taking it into pvp. I mean it's still a good ship but it's just not as good as the other command ships because its a missile boat.

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

Thanks

Thats exactly why I posted and my gut instinct. Maybe it's best to go with the minmatar. Training up artillery want take that long, and it's the ship I really want to fly.