Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth playing?

PopeOnDopePopeOnDope Member Posts: 29

Im thinking of playing this game due to its high rating and good comments about it but,,,,

Looking at the screenshots, it looks reallllly ugly

Now can anyone tell me what are the good and bad points  about this game?

Comments

• kilryakilrya Member Posts: 39

well never played it, but i can tell you couple a things

First is it free? if it is then why dont u just download and find out your self

second... are you waiting for someone who played it for a while and got bored with it  to tell you no dont play it sucks? then u may want to go to EQ2 and read what i post there

do you like to play games with nice graphic? ( my case i love explore in mmorpg and see nice places in game) then if the screen shot look ugly you may want to think again.

Have you tried their site and look what are the future of the game? what can offer. pvp system.. crafting... houseing? is the future in the game something you look in mmorpg.

What im trying to say is don't wait for someone who may not even play the game give you false information...  to tell you game sux dont play it just because he read and look at the screen shot. go with what you feel you want to do. If you really feel you want to try it then why not... whats the worst thing gonna happen you stop playing it?

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311

I played this game, listen to my advice dont play this game its horrible. I downloaded it and under 5 mins of gameplay i instantly could'nt bare the game anymore. If you want a good game try Perfect world or Zu online..but those barely will hold you. The only free mmorpg i can think of that half decent anyway.

• lib3r83rlib3r83r Member Posts: 4

this game is actually the first mmo, i've played. the graphics aren't as bad as they seem in the screenshots, and it has pretty good gameplay. there's only one problem, it's a grindfest all the way, i mean it took me 3 weeks to get to lvl 20, and i couldn't bare no more, that's the main reason i deleted it. well hope that helped u

• Tam3rB0wTam3rB0w Member Posts: 1

I'm playing TO for a while as a tamer.  In my oppinion, some of the good points are:

1. Decent number of quests, some repeatable, others  increase your reputation with specific factions allowing you to buy rare itens;
    2. A very active Auction House;
    3. You can choose between 6 "harvest" professions;
    4. Easy interface (like WoW, );
    5. The design and the number of the dungeons are ok, with some quests and crowded of ellite mobs; 

Some of the bad points are:

1. The graphics are low-mid quality;
    2. There is a low variety of music and sounds;
    3. In the last patch, a stall option have been implemented  ;
    4. It will turn into a grindfest after some levels (hey, it is an asian MMORPG, after all );

To run the game in low-spec computer, the developer chosen 3D graphics with few polygons.  Thats why the game client size is small.

In overall, if you are a graphic-oriented player, you should try another MMORPG, but if not, you should give it a chance.

• Sacre11Sacre11 Member Posts: 20

Seems a little strange that it took you 3 weeks to get lvl 20... at all, i got lvl 33 now on... lets see... 7 days of play. I have an own guild, friends and so on. I like it could be some boring after a few months, but its worth a try i would say.

• Victoria007Victoria007 Member Posts: 12

In my opinion,  the answer is definitely "Yes"!   It took me less than 2 days to reach lvl  18 ^_^     It brings me much happiness and friends to me,  so I like this game and the community.   And you'd better go to the website to have a good look and make your own decision with more related information and overall consideration

• M1nas-z3uM1nas-z3u Member Posts: 23

The game is quite good. But i dont like it cuz the english in the game is quite bad. And the fact that you see other players hp and mana. AN there equipment! OMG!

Its just like half of the battle is won. Its just like knowing the weakness of your enemies.

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86

I don't see what's bad about that. So you see their gear: they can see yours too. This means duels / guild sieges will be more interesting since you can make more detailed preparations.

On the other hand... is this an open PK game? I just need to know this. I'm tired of mindless gankfests, give me some real PvP action FFS.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• M1nas-z3uM1nas-z3u Member Posts: 23

well dont know this game quite well(im playing it like for 4 days or something like that). But it isnt that great.

I was an lineage2 player. and the PvP system in Talisman is quite different then the one in l2. And many other things.... 

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

A ton of people cheat and hack on this game. Otherwise I think it would be one of the best F2P games out there. If  you can't stand seeing cheaters everywhere and it ruins your game play you probably shouldn't play this game. Tons of bots around. If you don't mind that then yeah its a solid game. I tend to be very picky about F2P mmorpg games most of which I consider garbage.  This one is actually one of the few F2P games that has kept me interested more than 5 min. currently level 31 and still playing it casually here and there. Don't make it your main mmo but keep it on the side. Its easy,  and very casual friendly. 

• sukihadasukihada Member Posts: 3

Awesome game.I like it.

I started playin Talisman online two months ago..when i first loggedn i didnt know which class to choose..i chose assasin.then i regretted it as there are many assasins and their items are very costly and rarely drop..i felt like quitting the game..but then i made a lot of friends and they helped with buying stuff..my defense stuff isnt that good.but there are many frnds who can help me do quests..now iam lvl 61 and now ive started getting good stuff..if i werent an assasin i wudve been a wizard..wizards are pretty balanced.i love wizards..here on Talisman online u do quests u get rewards.u make items ..upgrade themm,,it is fun and itll teach the rules of life..i like the graphics i never knew such a small game can be this good looking.when u are 30 u can choose an apprentice ..u get additional rewards when ur apprentice levels up.blabla....

• angel0404angel0404 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by sukihada

Awesome game.I like it.

I started playin Talisman online two months ago..when i first loggedn i didnt know which class to choose..i chose assasin.then i regretted it as there are many assasins and their items are very costly and rarely drop..i felt like quitting the game..but then i made a lot of friends and they helped with buying stuff..my defense stuff isnt that good.but there are many frnds who can help me do quests..now iam lvl 61 and now ive started getting good stuff..if i werent an assasin i wudve been a wizard..wizards are pretty balanced.i love wizards..here on Talisman online u do quests u get rewards.u make items ..upgrade themm,,it is fun and itll teach the rules of life..i like the graphics i never knew such a small game can be this good looking.when u are 30 u can choose an apprentice ..u get additional rewards when ur apprentice levels up.blabla....

I like the game too.  Actually it's my first MMORPG  :P   I started as a sin but their stuff are expensive like you said.  Then I switched to fairy cuz I like helping people.   Being a fairy let me know a lot of friends and it's really happy to help the team survive in the caves!  I love my guild buddies too, they helped me a lot in quests and caves.  Now i am trying a tamer and it's so cool to have a pet fighting by your side.  I prefer my tamer to my fairy cuz she's very lucky with drops!  She's level 61 now and i want to make her hit level cap image

I've played this game for over a year and it's part of my life now image