Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG trying again ?? /moved

ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427

In the last few mounth i have seen some post about SWG grafic, ingame change and so on. Are they makeing a new SWG or are they trying to fix the old one. What is happening to SWG in detalis pleace ?

Comments

• Not a lot is happening.  What you see the game as it is today is all that it is going to remain, except for some VERY minor changes to the profession abilities and the addition of more scavenger hunt "collections and million HP "bash Foozle for an hour" boss mob instances.

You are never going to see a real skills system, the old UI return, graphics engine updates, Teras Kasi, real Jedi that you have to earn, a real GCW, a real Jedi/Sith war, smugglers who can smuggle, or...  sadly, a combat queue ever again.

Basically the game exists completely on life support so that SOE can use it to train college interns and entry level devs to go throw into the DCMMO "Russian Front".

That's the only reason why you see ANY development at all.  Truthfully, even the pitiful little updates they are getting is more than the game deserves given that it can claim at best maybe 20K subs, at worst, below even that.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

This is what the current playerbase is playing now......

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

lol...  SOE screw you galaxies... instead of making them cooler.. they just try to imitate WoW but in a crappy way.

• The only way they can turn anything around (and I think it's far too late) is to abandon the NGE.

Since they keep the NGE as the core concept engine...  They can do anything they want to it and it will still be a FAIL.

• Originally posted by salvaje

The only way they can turn anything around (and I think it's far too late) is to abandon the NGE.
    Since they keep the NGE as the core concept engine...  They can do anything they want to it and it will still be a FAIL.

At this point the NGE has been around longer then both prior attempts at SWG gameplay. I doubt they will abandon it now.

• SonnoSonno Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by salvaje

The only way they can turn anything around (and I think it's far too late) is to abandon the NGE.

At this point the NGE has been around longer then both prior attempts at SWG gameplay. I doubt they will abandon it now.

And has yet to come anywhere near making as much money. Sad.

SWG? Pull the plug already!

• iwantmyswgiwantmyswg Member Posts: 301

once pre-cu comes back and smed is fired then swg will be a good game again.

• Originally posted by iwantmyswg

once pre-cu comes back and smed is fired then swg will be a good game again.

I'd be down for pre-patch 4, but people who just say pre-cu have no clue what changes made what. At patch4 was enough change to make a large influx of people leave due to many changes. If you want pre-cu because your jedi was alpha then you want a bad game returned.