Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com - Poor performance last few days

VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Last few days have seen loading and navigation of MMORPG.com be complete crap.

In fact I even timed out a few times today. 

Anyone else experience this?  Every other site runs fine its ONLY THIS SITE that shows problems.

Using firefox latest, on a high end system, and 20mb Cable broadband.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Yesterday, I couldn't get on for a couple hours..

Stuff like this probably happens because this site is FULL of pictures, cideos, information, links etc.  To sum it up, this site has a lot of stuff.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I started to notice pages loading slower  a week or more back. Once I realized it wasn't on my end I just shrugged and said, so be it. Their database servers are overworked and underpaid. MMORPG provides an excellent service to me for free so I shan't complain too much.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

This morning the performance is beyond abysmal.  IE reports that some garbage from vlaze.com is taking FOREVER to load.

I suggest your ad loading code is borked, and one of your code monkeys, or one of vlaze.com's, needs to put down the bong and fix it.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by SioBabble

This morning the performance is beyond abysmal.  IE reports that some garbage from vlaze.com is taking FOREVER to load.
    I suggest your ad loading code is borked, and one of your code monkeys, or one of vlaze.com's, needs to put down the bong and fix it.

Hilarious.

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• phosphorosphosphoros Member Posts: 512

Yeah the ad servers are screwing with the speed of the site bigtime.

Waiting for server.cpmstar.com

Thanks, I like waiting for their retarded ads for 3 minutes trying to go from page to page.

I understand the need for ads even though I hate them, but at least the ad servers can work and don't bork the site.

• Keshanberk0Keshanberk0 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by SioBabble

I come here every several days, and I couldn't login last week

• 0011untitled0011untitled Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by mike470

Yesterday, I couldn't get on for a couple hours..
    Stuff like this probably happens because this site is FULL of pictures, cideos, information, links etc.  To sum it up, this site has a lot of stuff.

yeah, that's true, I also tried a few times, and I couldn't log in, maybe at that time, there were too many visitors.