Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Anarchy online like?

Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

Is it Class based or Skill based?

How are the controls/camera angles? Are they like WoW and Ryzom?

Is there durability on items?

I just noticed the ad showing the flying bikes and it got me interested.

Thanks

Comments

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

I don't remember much specific info (will post some stuff)

It's classed based. It's complex, you have like 50 stats and many of them are connected with eachother. Imagine that you have a canister with "WISDOM", the canister drips down onto other "STATS-X". So your other "STATS-X" is increased when you fill the "WISDOM" canister

The camera and stuff is like in WoW

This is an example of how the UI could look like: http://tinyurl.com/2bbu8r

The community in the game is very nice.

I dont know if the canister thingy made any sense what-so-ever but I'm really sleepy so I'll blame lack of sleep

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by mo0rbid

I don't remember much specific info (will post some stuff)

It's classed based. It's complex, you have like 50 stats and many of them are connected with eachother. Imagine that you have a canister with "WISDOM", the canister drips down onto other "STATS-X". So your other "STATS-X" is increased when you fill the "WISDOM" canister
    The camera and stuff is like in WoW

This is an example of how the UI could look like: http://tinyurl.com/2bbu8r

The community in the game is very nice.

I dont know if the canister thingy made any sense what-so-ever but I'm really sleepy so I'll blame lack of sleep

Thank you. The canister thing does make sense and helps. Have a good sleep :)

I have anouther question about this game:

1. Are you allowed later to redistribute your stat points if you change you mind about a build?
  • RollotamasiRollotamasi Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 898
    Originally posted by Sieges

Are you allowed later to redistribute your stat points if you change you mind about a build?

Yes, you are able to reset skills / stat points a limited number of times.  I really enjoyed the skill + class based system of AO.  Next to FFXI, I think its the best development system out there. 

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

• blaamblaam Member Posts: 111

Are you allowed later to redistribute your stat points if you change you mind about a build?

if they didint change it  ( been years i didnt play) yea you have reset skills point...  you ll have to be naked to do so though wich might eb a problem since getting overquiped ( equiping higher lvl stuff  with buffs help) can be a real headeack.. specially implants.

but if you  dont mind the old grafics the game is very complex and intersting character wize.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Thanks
    Anarchy online (even just the free to play version) is pretty much the standard that all mmo's should strive to match.  That may seem like overly generous praise but I started out on that mmo, tried numerous others, and I have to wonder how much better other mmo's would be if other developers would play AO first to get a clue.

As to the questions, its basically class based with your basic stats helping to determine related stats. Its been a while since I played but here is how I remember it:  you choose to be an engineer and increase your base stat of intelligence you could expect the potential points you could increase you computer literacy by to increase.  So one stat helps build another.  Obviously some classes prefer to focus on certain stats as fits their combat roles.

The angles are fairly standard, 3rd person, first person, zoom in or out, just what you prefer.

No durability on items.  Use until you find something better.

For a first toon, an Martial artist or adv is recommended as they are fairly cheap to operate and will enable you to get a grip on the game.  Other questions feel free to ask.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• FlynnQFlynnQ Member Posts: 11

I played AO for a few months--even got my wife to play for a couple of weeks. (The free version.)

While I really enjoyed it at first, I quickly got bored with the Quest generator. Sure, it was able to manufacture an infinite number of quests and rewards, but let's face it there were really only about four dungeons that were remapped to give the impression that they were all different.

There have been a lot of add-ons which are undoubtedly superior, but if the free version was a taste of what was to come, then I decided I wouldn't bite. ('scuse the pun.)

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Well, the mission generator is there is just one of the ways people can grind levels.  Even free account people have other static dungeons to explore (Subway, ToTW, IS, CoH, Foremans) and NPC-handed-out quests, not to mention simply exploring and dealing with the wildlife in general.  You even gain XP from tradeskilling.

~\_/~\_O

• DunlopezDunlopez Member Posts: 7

And those are about all of the options. Man I can't help but laugh so hard at the "xp for tradeskilling part". It will take you years upon years to gain a few levels just tradeskilling. The xp for that is completely negligible. It used to be better but not nowadays.

I guess you can explore a bit. It will be difficult to find others to go with you though. Honestly though, some of the xp in the middle of the desert isn't that bad.

• wenrjieewenrjiee Member Posts: 42

I am a new player of AO, and i'v Gained 300m credits. It is really fun

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by Dunlopez

And those are about all of the options. Man I can't help but laugh so hard at the "xp for tradeskilling part". It will take you years upon years to gain a few levels just tradeskilling. The xp for that is completely negligible. It used to be better but not nowadays.
    I guess you can explore a bit. It will be difficult to find others to go with you though. Honestly though, some of the xp in the middle of the desert isn't that bad.

I got a lvl 93 Trader who tradeskilled from 10 to 70, only killed a few leets to ding now and then.  Processing a dozen backpacks of god QL monster parts into Plasma will get enough XP for a lvl 50-to-51 ding.

~\_/~\_O

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Thanks

Camera Angles and controls are almost identical to wow and AO was released 8 years ago and that says alot :)

And they had flying "mounts" then too.

Originally posted by blaam

if they didint change it  ( been years i didnt play) yea you have reset skills point...  you ll have to be naked to do so though wich might eb a problem since getting overquiped ( equiping higher lvl stuff  with buffs help) can be a real headeack.. specially implants.

but if you  dont mind the old grafics the game is very complex and intersting character wize.

Can you redistribute your points as often as you want, or only a limited number of times? Do you lose your items when you do it?

Thanks!

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by blaam

Can you redistribute your points as often as you want, or only a limited number of times? Do you lose your items when you do it?

Thanks!

You get so many reset points at every tier level ( you get more IP reset oints if you are a subsciber compared to froob). You also get 1 full reset point. Your regular reset points only reset one skill per point, whereas the total reset point resets everything ( except map navigation, this cannot be reset ). You do not lose any items, but depending on how you re-distribute your points, you may be unable to wear the same items as before. Also, all items/armor/weapons/implants have to be removed  ( toon must be stripped "naked" ) before you can reset any stats.