Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious or Conspiracy

jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

This thread is only based on my own personal insight and thought process.

First we have the removal of the official sites forums ... said to be back after the new yr ... this obviously was not meant to be immediate after.

second no official word from anyone. I posted an update last week here on the forums from jan 29. 2008 that stated Bossman aka Tony was still very much alive and workin on FURY and making it better including an upcoming and even more revised FURY. However this was not from the official site and unless u googled ur butt off as well as followed the links would have never even known it existed. Was this meant to be kept hush hush?

Originally when news of Auran and its fallout happened which it was made official around beginning or mid december most sites have dec 14th as the date in which it was posted the most of this fallout. In one of the articles i remember reading that they had 30 days before they were to be reassessed. Now its obvious they knew what was happening before we did so im sure this process started before it was made official.

Y do i bring this up ? .... good ? ... .the last official patch was implemented on Jan 10, 2008 and it only fixxed a small margin of the things that needed to be fixxed ... figuretively i would imagine that more patches would have rolled out since then to fix the game and gear it towards the new oncoming crowd. This would also be about the time that the reassesment would occur and they would know whether or not theyd be able to continue. Its been almost a month since the patch and the reassessment as well as official word from anyone in their dev team. Is Fury already over?

Last but not least in another post today on a past thread -  Dan Grey - which i remember seeing his name on the official site forums .... and hes got his name in that BOLD YELLOW TEXT which means he was important to them at one time said that their dev team was down to 7 ..... if his number is correct this would further the notion that fury is all but admitted to be dead. As the original downsize claimed atleast 15 ppl but no more than 20 devs remaining from the original core.

This has me Curious or is this just Conspiracy either way theres something going on that we have no official word on ... Curiousity killed the cat ... i still have lives to spare and the cat finds its answers . My opinion is Unless somethin major comes out in the next few weeks expect the offical statement coming form the FURY Team thats for the worst rather than the best unless something short of a miracle happens. And if u dont believe me then check out the thread i started called EMPTY PROMISES its very insightful as well as maybe insight as to whether or not its time to to CHOP THIS TO THE GAME [ count ur loss and take it in pride] as many things were already suppose to not only be implemented but should have more official announcements leading up to them.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die."

Comments

• fuzzynutz_usfuzzynutz_us Member Posts: 19

Let me put it to you like this.  I came on here twice with relatively innocent criticism of this game and its reasoning for being on these forums.  Needless to say that didn't go well for me.

You can imagine that there quite a few gimmicks posting here that were/are Auran employees (if there is such a thing) trying to squeeze the last pennies they could out of the ignorant masses.  Luckily for me, I played the beta and saw the flaws like many others.  Got myself some free gear and moved on.  You can bet that I will be here when this game dies, oh yes, I will. 

If there was any real conspiracy it was in the resume's and the recruiters for Auran that quite possibly hired the most inept people in the history of game development.

• jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by fuzzynutz_us

Let me put it to you like this.  I came on here twice with relatively innocent criticism of this game and its reasoning for being on these forums.  Needless to say that didn't go well for me.
     You can imagine that there quite a few gimmicks posting here that were/are Auran employees (if there is such a thing) trying to squeeze the last pennies they could out of the ignorant masses.  Luckily for me, I played the beta and saw the flaws like many others.  Got myself some free gear and moved on.  You can bet that I will be here when this game dies, oh yes, I will. 

Gimmicks  www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/167006

• SystiSysti Fury Community VolunteerMember Posts: 31

First, to clear up some confusion, I would just like to state that I am not, nor have ever been a employee paid or otherwise for FURY or Auran developments.  Several months back I was thanked for my feedback and community contributions and asked if I would like a role (at the time more just like a title) of Community Guide.  As the product progressed I was allowed more rights and responsibilities, and at the time of the forums going down I was more involved, as well as helping manage the forums.

The forums being down has taken longer than expected - There were some key features that were planning on being implemented that the (as you know somewhat of) reduced team were having some issues with.  Granted the scope of the FURY project, most of the team members are fullfilling multiple duties, some of which is outside their normal roles, including some upcoming undisclosed future plans.  Last I heard on the forums though, and will be checking back on this here shortly, was that they were never intended to be down this long, and there was some pressure to get the new one rolling.  I just took another look at the new ones and some progress has been made.

The downtime of the Forum gave me some time to get back to my studies - Being a game programming & design student in my Junior year the classes have came to a point where they arn't exactly easy to slack off on, as they were when I first stepped on board the FURY project back in early beta. 

However the fall session is winding to a close and most of my time is now just studying for the upcoming finals, I will be getting back in closer touch with those I report too, and hopefully get you guys some status updates soon.  In particular I'll be trying to dig up some specific information on the patch in Jan, as I agree the notes were a bit vague, as well as getting any OK I might be able to get about releasing some information.

There is still a team in place, working for FURY, so don't think all is lost.  It's still around, in-game accounts are still being created daily and the FURY store is still selling, and despite what some people perceive about [i]certain[/i] staff members, the community has been and is important to the team.

Stay tuned, I'll dig up what I can.

Sys.

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Thanks Systi, at this point any news to keep the trolls at bay would be great.

• SortranSortran Member Posts: 148

Really the main problem here with fury is quite similar to Darkall's biggest problem. Lack of information. Also lack of patches and other game related things. Like the key licensing issue. Until these things are changed, Trolls will appear.

Playing: Not much actively.
    Games played: to many to list, been playing MMO's since 2001
    --------------------------

• Dan_GrayDan_Gray Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by jaigaia

Last but not least in another post today on a past thread -  Dan Grey - which i remember seeing his name on the official site forums .... and hes got his name in that BOLD YELLOW TEXT which means he was important to them at one time said that their dev team was down to 7 ..... if his number is correct this would further the notion that fury is all but admitted to be dead. As the original downsize claimed atleast 15 ppl but no more than 20 devs remaining from the original core.

It's Gray, god damnit. :p

To clarify: I am no longer associated with Auran in any way. Any posts I make are purely my own personal opinion.

• jaigaiajaigaia Member Posts: 66

ok sorry  "GRAY" 

• AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Noes, they deleted my post! It was a friendly quote btw, not flaming.

• DiendDiend Member Posts: 34

Servers are down today, cross your fingers and pray its a patch XD