Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zombie Apocalypse Pt III - "the roster"

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

All hell is breaking lose as far as you can tell. Its been almost a week and things are getting worse. Civil order has more or less disintegrated and the masses of zombies is growing at an alarming rate.

You find yourself in the following situation.

You have found an ideal underground "bunker" that can be easly sealed off from the outside. You have managed to scrape together enough food, water and survival gear for about 6 people including yourself to last about 30 days. The problem is you have run into a group of other survivors, more then 6. You figure the longer you remain hidden, the better. The military is rumored to be in action against the zombies as field units, ships at sea and some isolated bases are still intact. Heavy Armor units are rumored to be operating in your state / region of the country. Again, these are rumors.

You must deside who you will allow into the bunker with you. (if you select this route) You must pick quickly as a large group of Zombies is gathering nearby, attracted to your group. Meat. Although the zombies are "shamblers" they have proven to be fast and vicious in close quarter fighting and are a definate threat. They also have the uncanny ability to sneak around and "pop up" unexpectedly.

Who do you choose (5) from the list and WHY?

1. A famous Hispanic brain surgeon who was at the height of her career
  2. A 40 year old male attorney who's 2 children were eaten by zombies just a few hours ago
  3. A minister of a large protestant church
  4. A 29 year old white man  who has recently been released from prison for rape / murder and was infected by a zombie bite about 2 hours ago. (death - reanimation normally takes 8-12 hours)
  5. A 20 year old male soldier who is tramatized and paniced by this entire situation. He is very heavy armed and will not give up his weapons and is very unpredicable. He plans on surviving at any cost
  6. A young Asian girl (10 years old) who's entire family was ripped to pieces in front of her.
  7. A firefighter who's recently been decorated for heroism. His entire family has been killed so far.
  8. A former African American male gang member who has just been awarded a full scholarship to a prestigious university
  9. A 16 year old pregnant girl
  10. A well known male scientist who is a known white supremacist who claims he might be able to discover a cure for zombie bites. It would help him greatly if you would bring an infected person in also.

Pick 5 and leave the rest to their fate....or not.

• Choose not to go into the bunker at all....run for it.
  • Take everyone into the bunker and reduce your supplies from 30 days to 15 against your better judgement.

Comments

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Going purely on the want to survive.

1, 2, 3, 7, 8

By leaving the soldier outside with his weapons and his want to survive he'd pick off quite a few zombies. It's too much of a risk to bring in the person who was bitten as he only has about 6~10 hours for the white supremacist to develop the cure he claims to have.

If he took any longer than that any results would be unsuccessful, once someone turns a zombie thats it. Re-animation means that they are already dead and they have come back by another means, theres no cure for that <_< unless this guy can cure death.

Unfortunately the 2 girls cant be saved either. The 10 year old girl would cause too much panic and cause the others to also panic whilst they mourn their recent losses. The pregnant teenager would be too much of a burden if news of the apparent armored division were to be true, also she would need to consume more food than the rest of the people.

The 5 were chosen as they are most likely physically strong. As most of them have something to live for the chance of one of them committing suicide is minimal and the minister obviously wouldn't as suicide results in damnation.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Torak

All hell is breaking lose as far as you can tell. Its been almost a week and things are getting worse. Civil order has more or less disintegrated and the masses of zombies is growing at an alarming rate.
    You have found an ideal underground "bunker" that can be easly sealed off from the outside. You have managed to scrape together enough food, water and survival gear for about 6 people including yourself to last about 30 days. The problem is you have run into a group of other survivors, more then 6. You figure the longer you remain hidden, the better. The military is rumored to be in action against the zombies as field units, ships at sea and some isolated bases are still intact. Heavy Armor units are rumored to be operating in your state / region of the country. Again, these are rumors.
    You must deside who you will allow into the bunker with you. (if you select this route) You must pick quickly as a large group of Zombies is gathering nearby, attracted to your group. Meat. Although the zombies are "shamblers" they have proven to be fast and vicious in close quarter fighting and are a definate threat. They also have the uncanny ability to sneak around and "pop up" unexpectedly.

A famous Hispanic brain surgeon who was at the height of her career
    A 40 year old male attorney who's 2 children were eaten by zombies just a few hours ago
    A minister of a large protestant church
    A 29 year old white man  who has recently been released from prison for rape / murder and was infected by a zombie bite about 2 hours ago. (reanimation normally takes 8-12 hours)
    A 20 year old male soldier who is tramatized and paniced by this entire situation. He is very heavy armed and will not give up his weapons and is very unpredicable. He plans on surviving at any cost
    A young Asian girl (10 years old) who's entire family was ripped to pieces in front of her.
    A firefighter who's recently been decorated for heroism. His entire family has been killed so far.
    A former African American male gang member who has just been awarded a full scholarship to a prestigious university
    A 16 year old pregnant girl
    A well known male scientist who is a known white supremacist who claims he might be able to discover a cure for zombie bites. It would help him greatly if you would bring an infected person in also.

Choose not to go into the bunker at all....run for it.
    Take everyone into the bunker and reduce your supplies from 30 days to 15 against your better judgement.

Man it's bizarre I was going to start a survival log blog. This is fun.

1 is comming simply because she'll know basic anatomy.

6 because I will not leave children at anytime regardless.

7 because well.. beats the bitten.

8 why not, he should be smart, and if he were a real former gang member he should be tough.

9 for some reason, though by all accounts she's adding two for one. I just hope she doesn't give birth in that time.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by PTED

Going purely on the want to survive.
    1, 2, 3, 7, 8
    How would selecting the attorney help you survive? You're trading a zombie for a blood sucking vampire.

Now, since you didn't mention if my family was killed, I would take my family of 5 (including me) and no a 6th person so we could have a few days more of food and water.

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

Assuming that my family has already been killed and I am alone (other wise I am a family of 5 and that is all I would take) then I would take the soldier, most likely kill him and take his weapons, and sit in the bunker by myself with my supplies. 

I would maybe take the 2 girls and the firefighter but that is a big maybe.

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Okay here we go, I will just say why I took the ones I took and not why I not took the ones I didn't take. I'm also assuming my whole family is killed as otherwise the number of candidates would be narrowed down to one additional member, which means I would ignore everyone. Some of the options are basically because of the lack of better options.

• Hispanic brain surgeon (1) - Got the knowledge and is the closest to a decent doctor you got.
    • 40 year old attorney (2) - Will probably want revenge for what the zombies did to his kids, which means he will likely be helpful if a fight against zombies should occur.
    • 20 year old male soldier (5) - Traumatized, scared, heavily armed and will do anything to survive, not inviting him would be madness as it would probably end up with him slaughtering the others for his own survival. The weapons and resources may come in handy if a fight should come.
    • Firefighter (7) - Brave, strong and wants revenge. Should a fight occur taking the firefighter would prove good; he may also come handy if other situations that require bravery or force of will comes.
    • Former African gang member (8) - Is probably a good fighter and got things to live for, won't give up life easily, which makes him good in fights and other desperate situations.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

I would never go into any place that only had one way out, no matter how secure it appeared to be.  I still believe the best thing you could do is get to a major waterway, find a boat and then secure an island.  Once there you need to see about growing food.  If you can grow food there then all you gotta do is an erect a fence around the island or dig a deep trench, or some combination thereof, in case anything washes up on shore.  A daily patrol of the perimeter should easily alert you to newcomers, intruders, or zombies.

It would be extremely helpful if the island had some large construction equipment on it such as backhoes and bulldozers, and it would also be good to know where the currents wash up from the mainland in the beginning to determine where you should focus patrols.

If I had such a set up I would probably still make trips to the mainland just to scrounge up equipment or survivors at least once a week.

But if I had to take people out of your list...

The brain surgeon because maybe she's hot.

The attorney because although useless he's at least harmless and he may get better in time.

The young asian girl just because i'd feel sorry for her.

The ex-gangbanger to be my right hand man.

The firefighter because every firefighter is trained to paramedic level and that is of great use.

I guess if I could I'd take the 16 year old pregnant girl and the minister with me too, but that's 7.

I'd give the ex-con a gun and a single bullet.  I'd leave the soldier and the scientist.  The soldier because he would not be an asset to the team if he's not a team player and may screw us.  The scientist because a cure is useless unless we can manufacture it to save everyone and there's no cure for white supremacy that would cause too much friction and trouble in the group.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• Oh this is too easy.

1: I doubt we'll have the facilities for brain surgery, but it's still a doctor and she'd have to be extremely skilled to progress so far. Potential love interest if this turns out to be a zombie movie.

7: He may be a bit traumatized, but he's an able bodied person and he has useful survival skills.

8: Another able bodied person. Is probably more resilient than the average person given his background, and clearly intelligent.

4. He won't be needing food once we've restrained him, knocked out all his teeth, and muzzled him for good measure. Oh and break his legs and hands.

10. He can spout off all the racism he likes, and he'll think he and I are good buddies, that the non-whites are just fodder so we can survive. If his experiments with #4 prove fruitful, we'll continue the lie. If he's just blowing hot air, he and #4 get their skulls bashed in.

#4 and 10 are optional. If the other members seem squimish or likely to object over their potential termination, then they stay outside. I'd rather have good solid team members who trust me than a shred of a chance at a zombie cure.

And for those that didn't make the cut, here's why:

2. Oh he is totally going to freak out and do something stupid. He's probably hysterical, and will do some idiotic thing like opening the front door because he hears his (now zombie) kids scratching around.

3. If he's the zealous preachy type he will sow discord in the bunker. If he's the calm, good-advice type he's likely to be too peace-ish for my tastes. It's zombie war, baby, no shirking.

5. This is bullet-riddled death for one of the useful members just written all over him.

6. Sorry kid, children are liabilities in zombie hell.

9. ....and so are pregnant girls.

• mithrandir72mithrandir72 Member Posts: 1,286

A 40 year old male attorney who's 2 children were eaten by zombies just a few hours ago
    A 29 year old white man  who has recently been released from prison for rape / murder and was infected by a zombie bite about 2 hours ago. (death - reanimation normally takes 8-12 hours)
    A 20 year old male soldier who is tramatized and paniced by this entire situation. He is very heavy armed and will not give up his weapons and is very unpredicable. He plans on surviving at any cost
    A young Asian girl (10 years old) who's entire family was ripped to pieces in front of her.
    A firefighter who's recently been decorated for heroism. His entire family has been killed so far.
    A former African American male gang member who has just been awarded a full scholarship to a prestigious university
    A well known male scientist who is a known white supremacist who claims he might be able to discover a cure for zombie bites. It would help him greatly if you would bring an infected person in also.

Choose not to go into the bunker at all....run for it.
    Take everyone into the bunker and reduce your supplies from 30 days to 15 against your better judgement.

Brain Surgeon, Firefighter, Gang Member, Pregnant Girl, Little Girl

Like already said, the soldier left out there will kick Zombie ass, and we can sit for a month in the bunker while zombies get killed by the military. The scientist is obviously full of shit and trying to save his own skin. Brain Surgeon ought to know basic first aid, Firefighter as well and should be able to help kill zombies, as should the gang member. Pregnant Girl, 'cause I'm saving two in one, and little girl 'cause I don't think any of the rest of these people would be reliable.

The other people would be pointed to the nearest CostCo.

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment;
    We are choosing to be here right now -Tool, Parabola

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

The brain surgeon simply because of the obvious medical abilities.  The soldier because of the heavy weapons and the knowledge of how to use them.  I could make good use of him by telling him where the safe spots are and having him kill just about everything in that direction simply by playing to his will to survive at any cost.  Mind games are good as long as used for the right purpose.  I couldn't leave a little girl to her fate just like that.  The thing is, she will grow up eventually and might be trained in martial arts since an early age that she might put to good use later on(I realize this is a stereotype but I'm having fun with this and it's a very unlikely scenario as is).  It's also another female that I can chalk up to being able to repopulate the earth once the infestation is over.  The fire fighter is able bodied and trained in first aid.  The pregnant girl is again due to sympathy.  Also she will work well toward the whole re-population thing.  She's already doing so well!

I'd also go along with whoever mentioned the waterway and an island.  I can't remember if the zombies can swim or not but I know they don't need oxygen to function so they might be able to just walk along the bottom of the ocean and get to me.  Sharks and other predatory animals might slow them down but they will not keep them completely off of the island.  This leads me to believe that I should find some rather large watercraft and just live on it for as long as I can.  I'd eventually find someone who can knows how to sail and it might all end up like the movie Waterworld.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Some great replies in there guys, thanks....

Some of the choices were interesting, I tallied up the results the best I could. Here is what I have so far.

1. gets 7 votes
    2. gets 3
    3. gets 1
    4. gets 1
    5. gets 2
    6. gets 4
    7. gets 7
    8. gets 5
    9. gets 4
    10. gets 1

So as it stands, the Brain Surgeon, the 10 year old girl, the firefighter, the ex-gang member and the pregnant 16 year old all get to live by popular vote. (so far) With one voting basically to go it alone, one brings in a few more then 5 and 2 desiding to seek out an island of some sort over the idea of a bunker.

Feel free to add choices.

I will let you know how the stay at "hotel bunker" goes next time. FYI My next post will be altered by who gets to live.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

A famous Hispanic brain surgeon Take, medical care is more than likely needed, although hopefully not in her specific field.
    A 40 year old male attorney Don't take, absolutely useless
    A minister of a large protestant church Don't take, absolutely useless
    A bitten 29 year old white man  Blow his head off and leave him
    A 20 year old male soldier Take, he's a risk factor, but if nothing else can be left on his own in a defensible position.
    A young Asian girl (10 years old) Don't take unless an open slot is available
    A firefighter who's recently been decorated for heroism. Depends on his state of mind, some break down completely after such a personal tragedy. Not knowing that, I might take him on principle.
    A former African American male gang member Take, he just might be the only candidate I'd have zero real reservations about.
    A 16 year old pregnant girl Don't take unless an open slot is available, defer position to #6
    A well known male scientist who is a known white supremacist Definitely don't take. In spite of his claims, the last thing needed is conflict between him and #8, and I might end up blowing his head off myself. I loathe such an attitude in whatever form it occurs. Let him work on #4 on his own over the next 8 or so hours.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• modjoe86modjoe86 Member UncommonPosts: 4,050

A 29 year old white man  who has recently been released from prison for rape / murder and was infected by a zombie bite about 2 hours ago. (death - reanimation normally takes 8-12 hours)

Brain Surgeon, Firefighter, Former-gang member, Pregnant girl, young girl.  Repopulation and survival, going with the 28 Days Later motif.

Easy Nulled provide latest nulled scripts. we deal in wordpress themes plugins, nulled scripts.
    https://easynulled.com/

Free porn videos, xxx porn videos
    Onlyfans nudes
    Onlyfans leaked
  • asangarasangar Member Posts: 75

1, 4, 5, 7, 10