Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

American IP bans from Euro servers

mtinnin73mtinnin73 Member UncommonPosts: 6

Does it seem strange to anyone else that here lately all the Euro servers are banning American IP's?, but yet we are allowing them to use our american server, Example would be Cabal Online for the US, We are banned from using theres but yet they are allowed to come on ours and talk all the trash they want and bog our servers down...

Personally if they are going to ban our IP's here in the US then maybe it's time that the US bans their IP's from our servers...More and more games are coming out that won't allow american beta testers to try, so I say they should ban them from using our servers...

Again that is my personal opinion, but it's been voiced by more than one US citizen....maybe someone should think about that.

Comments

• complexiatorcomplexiator Member UncommonPosts: 121

Bans based on IP are stupid. Most players will find out thereselves they don't want to play on a laggy server. But why do you want to bring this US citizens crap into the discussion?

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

oh teh noes, them bad non-US poeple! how dare they?!

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460
    Originally posted by mtinnin73

Does it seem strange to anyone else that here lately all the Euro servers are banning American IP's?, but yet we are allowing them to use our american server, Example would be Cabal Online for the US, We are banned from using theres but yet they are allowed to come on ours and talk all the trash they want and bog our servers down...
         Personally if they are going to ban our IP's here in the US then maybe it's time that the US bans their IP's from our servers...More and more games are coming out that won't allow american beta testers to try, so I say they should ban them from using our servers...
        Again that is my personal opinion, but it's been voiced by more than one US citizen....maybe someone should think about that.

well al the game your talking about are f2p..and the reason the happens is that the ma servers open a few months before the eu servers...so they allow eu players to play in the na servers...by the time the eu servers are open there is already a large amount of eu players in the na servers...so as not to cut them out and delete the account the workef hard on...and the eu servers block us ip because there are no point of them playing in the eu servers...anyway...why does it bother you to play with eu players...

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

It's because of licensing to different regions. For example "Sword of the new World" and "Granada Espada" is the same game (with minor differences) licensed to two different companies, Cabal Online is another example.

Basically one company is paying for customers in a certain region, can't have those potential customers go & play the (essentially) same game on another server. (It is regional bans that work both ways, so no american IP:s on a european licensed server & vice versa).

• complexiatorcomplexiator Member UncommonPosts: 121

Regional licenses. A step back for the internet.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Now you know how others feel when MMORPG.com bars non-North Americans from their contests.  There may be good reasons for doing so but that doesn't mean it's going to be universally liked.  The Internet is international in scope.  Sometimes limits must be put on access.  Even corporations do it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RubiadeRubiade Member Posts: 24

Please be careful with what you state.

"All" the Euro servers ban US IPs is false!

Please specify who/what company/game in detail you are referring to.

A link or source to proof this would be helpful also.

For anything that happens there is usually a good reason. It may be international law, payment or simply - since this is the open beta forum - area based betas.

I am from Europe and i was not able to participate in some american betas. This is ok for me, because i understand that using the internet  to connect an US server, does not automatically make my  actions falling under US law. This law is for US citizens.

• iauheiauhe Member Posts: 8

I do understand the reasons  or IP banning, but do not accept them. I am from Europe and if , let's say, I find a job that allows me to play at day's time only, I would prefer to be on the US or Australian servers, because they'll be full at that time and I won't have to play alone. I have done it and haven't experienced lag more than on the EU servers.

Besides, most servers are area-based, not country-based. Which means, that the Canadians do not fall under US-law but still can use their servers. So, law reasons are not valid here.

Usually the main reason is, that the one publisher is famous for being good, while the other for the other area has bad reputation and IP banning is enforced to keep the gamers with the bad luck to live in Europe on the bad servers and to prevent overpopulation on the others.

This is the open beta/beta discussion, so my referring to the law refers to code of conduct stuff, nda etc. In early beta stages it even can damage a game if you have foul apples with you who badmouth, hype or openly tell anyone about game features you want secret.

After beta, when a game is on the marked, we have another case.

• SweBlackbirdSweBlackbird Member UncommonPosts: 64

I'm seen many North America IP Blocked for any EU Server that's becuase we want free from US People. Anyway there is not going to be IP Blocked on Florensia and Rohan Online. I guess Rohan Online it's from US.

• SlanwlleSlanwlle Member Posts: 2

I'm just thinking of a word called "antiforeign" from this .

Originally posted by Slanwlle

I'm just thinking of a word called "antiforeign" from this .
    Why?

Because one immature nobody in a forum seeds dumb lies about ALL european servers? Even not able to give one specific example of his statement. Just posting ALL euros act this way - pardon?!?

I am thinking about a word called "assassination" when i read this.

Such a shit is supposed to start rassism style hate. The op should be ashame about his doing.

• frkhot97frkhot97 Member Posts: 393

It's usually a matter of licensing. The publishing rights are sometimes sold only for the European region - or the North American region, etc. When another publisher buys the rights for a second region they need to block out players from elsewhere.

I've recently tried Acclaims 2Moons (a version of Dekaron) and they had to block us Europeans when the same game was sold to a European company.

It's just business!

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Originally posted by harg  
     Considering neither US nor American is a race your comment is pointless.

This whole thread is pointless.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"

Why?

Because one immature nobody in a forum seeds dumb lies about ALL european servers? Even not able to give one specific example of his statement. Just posting ALL euros act this way - pardon?!?

I am thinking about a word called "assassination" when i read this.

Such a shit is supposed to start rassism style hate. The op should be ashame about his doing."

And I get a 3 day ban for calling a tool a donkey...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

next thing you know people will be complaining about not being able to play Korean mmorpgs without a KSSN..... As things stand with Cabal that main incident happened along time ago. Unless you are referring to a newer one then people fail for not learning their lesson the first time. This has been going on for along time, however I know of at least one company that was able to fight off an ip ban despite it being in their agreement. Risk Your Life aka ryl Malaysian version had US players on it. At the time I joined I had no idea about the US version in the works. Long story short the US version tried to enforce the ip ban on the MY server. Players protested and with a loophole was able to ensure that they stayed there. It isn't about racism, or where you were born. it's about  the almighty dollar. Just take this experience as a learning experience. Next time do a little research when you play a game thats overseas. BTW, I played JP Rohan they ip banned me after a day cause I lived in America haha. Least they have the right idea to take care of it quickly before I got too invested in it. Anyways, good luck in the future and seriously European mmorpg companies aren't monsters out to deprive you of a gaming experience. It's more likely the parent companies that are making regional contracts to begin with!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I think Europe is in much worse position when it comes to IP bans. Often the NA versions are released earlier, sometimes there isn't even an European version (like Mabinogi doesn't seem to have one) so that Europeans can't play certain game at all. And even several P2P MMOs (like DAOC) are on Europe run by another company wich doesn't provide as good quality service as Americans get.

Personally I think that there should be internatinal laws against IP-banning certain countries, everyone on net should be equal no matter where they come from.

• seizmikseizmik Member Posts: 3

and canadian IP get banned in US?? go USA

Seizzz