Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard - Impressed so far

alkeoalkeo Member UncommonPosts: 24

I was able to pick up the collectors edition for $16 shipped from eBay, so I figured I should try it out.  I played or at least tried to play the beta but between performance issues and lag, I just couldn't do it.

Installation was "fun". 17 gigs installed from the 2 DVDs and then 7 hrs of patches that kept quitting every 20 mins or so.  I finally used the Station Access beta launcher and that skipped "problem" files and downloaded the bulk of the patches. One more restart of the launcher managed to download the files that were skipped the first time around.  Fantastic I think. I hit the play button and the computer reboots. (Great!) It turns out that I needed updated Soundblaster drivers. Finally, the game starts.

Now I don't have a cutting edge computer: 2.8GHz Intel, 1.5Gigs memory and a Nvida AGP 7600 video card with 512 memory, so I was not certain the game would run ok. But on balanced settings the game runs fine in the starter areas and looks good. No lag so far.

I made several toons just to look at the various starter areas, starter quests and how various classes play: disciple, monk, paladin, ranger and druid.  I only have these toons up to lvl 3 or 4, but so far I like playing the disciple and monk the best.

My first impressions are very positive. This game is nothing like the beta. If you have been thinking about trying it, I say go for it and see if you like it.  That said, I have 10 buddy keys waiting for someone.

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Yeah it's a damn good game if you can get it to run well. I love the look of the game and the world. Graphics are great, and along with the music and atmosphere, it's the first MMO for me which feels like a real constant adventure. Just wish there were more players. Im just really struggling deciding which game I should play all the time. I love this and EQ2. They both rock and im caught between the two haha. Yeah not cool I know heh. Glad your enjoying the game buddy. Hopefully seeya in game soon! :)

• LonehearthLonehearth Member UncommonPosts: 66

Id love a buddy key, never played Vanguard and currently MMORPG'les and looking for a sandbox type game.

I just never feel like buying a MMORPG before trying one :)

• nobodycoolnobodycool Member UncommonPosts: 82

I am aching for a buddy key if you still have one left and I would really appreciate it. I have been following the progress of the game since launch and I really want to give it a try instead of listening to all the nay sayers. Thanks in advance.

My email is: [email protected].

• turkishmafiaturkishmafia Member UncommonPosts: 57

I agree with the above poster... I mean there are a lot of negatives posted about this game, but it just seems to be bias from day one... although this is understandable from what I understand about launch, this game has made some significant progress, I would really love to try out this game if you could send me a buddy key, either PM or email is fine. Thanks so much in advance :)

[email protected]

• halteahaltea Member UncommonPosts: 95

would you please send me one buddy key?

got mine, thanks alkeo!

• PsychomariusPsychomarius Member Posts: 2

Tried out this game during public beta as well, and even tho it was laggy and suffering from bad optimisation and high latency. It was still a damn good game.

-Plenty of classes and races to choose from.

-A huge world with lots of quests and monsters.

-Good crafting and the diplomacy feature was nice as well.

Just to name a few.

I'm close to buying a copy, but i would like to test the game in it's current state first.

How it runs, changes made, population etc. If it's easy to get groups for quests and so on.

So, if you still have a buddy key to spare, i would love to get one.

My email is: sponge.supernova AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!

btw: I know i replied to official buddy key request thread, and if i get a key there as well. i will pass it on to another poster. No point having two.

• braamerbraamer Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by Psychomarius

Tried out this game during public beta as well, and even tho it was laggy and suffering from bad optimisation and high latency. It was still a damn good game.
    -Plenty of classes and races to choose from.
    -A huge world with lots of quests and monsters.
    -Good crafting and the diplomacy feature was nice as well.
    Just to name a few.
    I'm close to buying a copy, but i would like to test the game in it's current state first.
    How it runs, changes made, population etc. If it's easy to get groups for quests and so on.
    So, if you still have a buddy key to spare, i would love to get one.

My email is: sponge.supernova AT gmail DOT com
    Thanks!

btw: I know i replied to official buddy key request thread, and if i get a key there as well. i will pass it on to another poster. No point having two.

I just got a copy of the collector's edition off eBay for $10.55 shipped. Might as well get it that way instead of waiting for a buddy key.

• RothrekRothrek Member Posts: 13

I'd love a buddy key! For a friend at least, email is [email protected] !  Thanks!

• EldarzEldarz Member Posts: 3

I would love a BUDDY KEY... please please!!!

email is:        [email protected]

• SilverwatchSilverwatch Member Posts: 232

for that price its worth buying it instead of downloading around 30gigs lol

i played this for a good while n really enjoyed it

Currently playing : Darkfall
    Character name : Aeola Anara
    Played: Almost every P2P MMO you can get your hands on, notably:
    Daoc, SWG, LOTRO, WAR, AoC + Dozens more

• dayrondayron Member Posts: 14
    Please email a buddy key if possible. I will love to TRy Vanguard

My email is [email protected]
  • CrazedninjaCrazedninja Member Posts: 11

Hey can i have a biddy key? Email is [email protected]

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360

If any left, I would love a buddy key for this!

[email protected]

THANKS!

-M

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Most negative posts (and arguments for that matter) date back to release, when the performance patches were still in the works.

But now, the only problem I think Vanguard has, is the lack of players.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I've been wanting to try this game for a while, but didn't wanna buy it until I tried it, so if you have a key I could use, that woudl be awesome. :)

[email protected]

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Most negative posts (and arguments for that matter) date back to release, when the performance patches were still in the works.
    But now, the only problem I think Vanguard has, is the lack of players.

Not on Seradon at least.  Populations are on the rise.  The high level areas have been too crowded for a long time with all the level 50s chewing through content.  But even the low level areas are nicely populated now.  I started a new Dark Elf  - Blood Mage in the city of Halthor Zhi.  Even this outta the way newbie zone can have around 15 players during mornings and 25-30 during peek hours.  This is incredible considering prior to the merge, around 6-7 months ago, I was working on Halthor prestige with my diplomat and this very same zone had 1-2 players in it for days on end.

There is definitely a resurgence in the population and a lot of it seems to be coming from players that quite during beta or during the first few weeks of release when the game was practically unplayable for many.

• woolf14woolf14 Member UncommonPosts: 23

I would like to give it a second try,since I got a better pc.

If you still got any buddy keys please let me know.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by boojiboy

There is definitely a resurgence in the population and a lot of it seems to be coming from players that quite during beta or during the first few weeks of release when the game was practically unplayable for many.

Last night I logged into VG for the first time in 3 or 4 months.

The three PvE servers were all moderate and the PvP server was light.

I can honestly say that is more population than I've seen in a long time.  Now they could have changed the "numbers" but.. when I logged onto Seradon.. the chat was actually very active.

I didn't go to the Khal area.. but the High Elf area and around Tanvu at least had very active general chat.

I was.. actually suprised.

Altho when I started a new high elf character.. I do have to admit that it made barrens chat look intellegent.  I didn't really need to see an in depth  discussion on "emo's".  Over by Tanvu I didn't see any of that.. must be something in the water or trees or something... on the other continent.

• alkeoalkeo Member UncommonPosts: 24

Thanks for the comments.  I'm sorry to say that all 10 buddy keys have been given out.  Regardless of the email given, they were sent to your MMORPG email account.  Please check there.  If you don't have an email with a key, then I ran out before I got to you.  Sorry, but you can pick the game up really cheap on eBay, so that is the route I would suggest.

Have fun.

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

Glad it's given you a positive vibe. Your sure going to make a lot of people happy with those keys. ; )

• Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

Agree the game is improving.