Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the reason for playing EQ? or EQ2 for that matter.

Fallen_CaineFallen_Caine Member Posts: 37

Seriously, with expansion packs packs coming out every 2 months all they are doing is sucking your money. From what I have seen EQ doesn't have great graphics and everyone I've met that plays EQ has tons of maxed out characters.

Plus with all those people, wouldn't it be laggy. I bet the game was probally good in the beginning and got a good rep, and everyone got addicted that they kept playing even though the game was surpassed by many other games.

What are the pros/cons?

~FC

Comments

• CIM_LWCIM_LW Member Posts: 282
    Addiction. Really, EverQuest is nothing more than a pretty boring level grinder (and such a slow one!) but for some reason it's addicting. image

• HubabubaHubabuba Member Posts: 229

Originally posted by Fallen_Caine

Seriously, with expansion packs packs coming out every 2 months all they are doing is sucking your money. From what I have seen EQ doesn't have great graphics and everyone I've met that plays EQ has tons of maxed out characters.
    Plus with all those people, wouldn't it be laggy. I bet the game was probally good in the beginning and got a good rep, and everyone got addicted that they kept playing even though the game was surpassed by many other games.
    What are the pros/cons?

~FC

All games are a matter of preference, some people like this type of game, others like single player only games, some like MMORPGs in space, etc etc.

EQ is a really cool game if you like like doing guild raids on mobs that get progressivly harder and harder.  It takes a lot of work and a lot of patience, but when you get to point X and can kill uber mob Y, it gives you a real sense of accomplishment.

Most lag in EQ is graphic lag caused when you get too many people in the same area, ie guild raids, but it can be avoided by turning down some of the graphic options.

Its not a bad game, but its not for everybody.

• JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

EverQuest is a great game.. and will stay that way for a long time!....plus EQ2 is coming out ;)..gonna be even bigger!

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

EQ is a good game. It just evolved over the years. Im not gonna let your post bother me though because i play EQ now so i know its a good game. You talk of what you here, not what you see for yourself. The expansions are awsome for most people who PLAY the game. It gives us new stuff to do and to look forward to. Im honestly looking forward to the new epic weapons. The game is fun and got me into the world of MMOs actually. Been playing it for 2 years and will maybe continue while playing EQ2 as well image

MegaWolf's EQ2 Site in the making.
    http://www.lovellz.net/battlefield/phpnuke/

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

sure they may be sucking your money becasue of all the expansions...but.....

If your like me....and you play a game like this and you love it so much....the crafting, questing, pvping...and everything....what better then getting more added to the game you love.....

I meqan this is just my opinion but I love this game and I love more content being added every so often....

---------------------------------------------
    "Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko

"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage
    -Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
    "If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura