Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbane Error

LiceInfestedLiceInfested Member Posts: 1

sb.exe (code=ACCESS VIOLATION addr=6969f437)

I have a new computer and every time that I attack a mob or a player I get this error message.  Anybody see or experience this?

I have reinstalled and tried every in setting.  Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Lice

Comments

• SkipMeisterSkipMeister Member UncommonPosts: 28

sb.exe is an error that has plagued Shadowbane since it's release and is probably the single largest cause of customer loss in it's release moving forward.  I wish I could tell you and everyone else there is a way to fix it but there isn't.  Some people 'claim' they don't see this error anymore.  Maybe there is a secret set of hardware that just happens to run SB to perfection but apparently I don't have that secret.  Best of luck as the game is very good when you are able to actually run it without incident.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

You running windows Vista?  Have the game running as Admin?  Shadowbane folder with admin rights? 

Have you checked your drivers to see if they are up to date?  New PC does not mean new drivers.  What graphics card do you have and what are the other spec's of your computer? 

Already have malware or adware on the PC?  It took a friend of mine one day to get his brand new PC turned into a bot machine by a hacker, and he had all the "anti virus anti hacker" software (Norton) that came with it turned on.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.