Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO-Worth it?

Sc0ttySc0tty Member Posts: 15
PLEASE POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!image

Thanks

Thanks

Comments

• Do the free trial.

• Sc0ttySc0tty Member Posts: 15

K.....can i download the f-t off the website?

Thanks

Thanks

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

I personally liked AO although that was about 1 years ago. The best part about the game really is the community and the fact almost 100% of the people playing are roleplayers. Lots of cool things to do and lots of content but I kinda got tired of it after awhile. Maybe their new expansion will spice things up a bit.

My recommendation is to atleast try it since it's gotten a lot better over the years since it was released.

• Sc0ttySc0tty Member Posts: 15

Thanks for your suggestion!

I went on the site...should i get the deluxe download or the classic????

Thanks

Thanks

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Sc0tty
    Thanks for your suggestion!
    I went on the site...should i get the deluxe download or the classic????Thanks

Deluxe. It only costs $9.95 US at the end of the trial to continue playing until September 1st, then you will need to start paying for the original monthly fee.

$9.95 for the orginal game, expansion pack, AND play until September 1st, pretty good if you ask me. ::::20::

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

OMFG..... I just wrote a huge post describing the classes in the game, with difficulty of play and adavtages.... And it vanished.....

....image

• conanownsconanowns Member Posts: 114
    It is a good game....I played it for over a year myself. But to be honest it is very much a loot whore game and it takes a ton of cash for a char to be at his fullest potential. So going in alone with no friends will be hard.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Be carefull if you play an Atrox, as they tend to lose their heads.

His name is Eunuchboy, for those fond of puns.

-------
    I was never what you wanted, I could never never please.
    I swallowed all our sorrow in the midst of my disease.
    All my fortunes, all my gains, all the battles I have won...
    Now collapsing like the rain, I stand alone, your only son...

Take some solace in these words, take notice of this place.
    Hollow whispers that they are, like the wind upon my face.
    Sing softly in my ear and look at me with wonder.
    I will try to ease your fear as the darkness pulls you under.

• Originally posted by Sketch

OMFG..... I just wrote a huge post describing the classes in the game, with difficulty of play and adavtages.... And it vanished.....
    ....image

For some reason MMORPG.com has not fixed the timer on their forums. You get roughly 30 secs to to 1 min, to write and post a reply before the site re-sets.

Before hitting the submit button, ALWAYS cut/copy your post:

1. Click and hold the left mouse button. High light all the text you wrote.

2. Then hit CTRL+C to copy the highlighted text.

3. Hit the submit button. If your post does not appear, or vanishes, then re-log back into MMORPG.com. Go back to the same thread. Click on "reply" and paste your saved reply into the reply box. (CTRL+V to paste.)

4. Click on submit. Your post should now appear.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• Originally posted by Sc0tty
    PLEASE POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!image

Thanks

Anarchy Online is definatly worth trying out! Plus it is FREEEE to play and try out. You have nothing to lose! AO was the first ever Sci-Fi themed MMORPG. It was also one of the most revolutionary MMORPGs ever made. (UO and AO are the two MMORPGs that revolutionized the MMORPG industry.). By adding NEW game features, ideas, game mechanics, never ever before used in any MMORPG. Right now EQ, and SWG, and EQ2 are using many ideas taken from AO.

AO is a 50% Skill Based/50% Level Based game. Compare to EQ which is 100% Level Based. And SWG which is 100% Skill Based. The positives in AO easily outweigh the negatives. Check out the forums at the main site for hints and tips about each profession. If you have any questions post them here and I, or other AO players will try to answer them. image

======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Originally posted by conanowns
    It is a good game....I played it for over a year myself. But to be honest it is very much a loot whore game and it takes a ton of cash for a char to be at his fullest potential. So going in alone with no friends will be hard.

I never had much issue with credits the first time around... even bought my first yalm without any handouts.     I later sold that account.     Much later, after shadowlands came out,  I started playing again... got tired of walking around so I took a look at ebay  and got 5,000,000 credits for $5... might be even cheaper now.   So I bought a yalm for around 4.8 mil  credits and was flying somewhere around lvl 8-12.    The first set of levels,  5 mil will last ya a long time (unless you are lazy and get a jet as well)   So if you do find yourself in need of credits, you can always purchase some online for a very cheap price...   image    (I'm not the type to usually buy crap for games online  but couldn't resist a yalm for my pocket change)

- GRAFFiX -

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • ArchitectArchitect Member Posts: 5

One of the things that makes this game worth buying is the amount of sheer willpower it takes to get a character to maximum level.  I've played a number of the classes, mainly though I've played an engineer. It's a lot of fun number crunching and perfecting your character it's a balancing act that takes skill and determination.  A lot of folk will say this game needs work in certain areas, and I'd have to agreee that the amount of camping involved gets tedious to say the least.  All in all a great game with a strong player base who know thier information.  Great forums where information for your class specific needs are taken into account.  And there is always a little thing known as Gridstream a player run radio station.. might sound odd but it adds a whole other level of fun to grinding your way through missions.

Definetely check this game out as it's ont of the better ones out there.

• EzrydyrEzrydyr Member Posts: 49

I think AO is definitely worth checking out.  I would offer this caution - don't buy it yet.  Get the 30 day free trial.  The Alien Invasion Expansion is due to go live on September 1st, so get the free trial, and then pick up the game with the Alien Invasion Expansion (which should include all previous expansions - Notum Wars, Shadowlands).

Wow - got through all that and still kept my mouth shut about the AI beta.  Sweeet! 

image Ez image

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe

EZ

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history -- with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" --Mitch Ratliffe