Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SB exe still?

renstimpy99renstimpy99 Member Posts: 175

I used to play this game, but I quit because of the constant sb exe crashes.  Now I have a new computer; Vista, ati 2400 card ..

Is the sb.exe error fixed?

Comments

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Hell no it still exists. I don't play this game anymore it is so dead. DEAD as in DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD...................catches breath DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD.,....................................proved my point.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

SB.EXE errors are pretty much dead.  You don't get them 10 times a day anymore.  You would be lucky to get 1 a month.  Yes, they do still happen.  Its no longer game stopping unless you have some sorta incompatibility (old ATI cards used to have issues) or lots of maleware that you don't know about eating up your resourses.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 63

This is another game that looks very interesting. i went to the official site to try and check out the system requirements but the page wouldn't load. can anybody tell me what they are? my computer isnt the greatest in the world so any information would be awesome. The screenshots look good and the basic game setup (story, characters, world) is cool as well.

im always on the prowl for anything that looks like it would be fun. i like the characters in this game. The nephilim are badass and its cool how you can be a vampire too! not too many games have vampires as a race to choose from, well not too many that i know.

all in all i definately want to try this game out. or any game that is kind of like it.

~i'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~

• OziasOzias Member Posts: 128

PC System Requirements

Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only) (XP recommended)

Processor: Pentium III® 1.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz (Pentium® IV 2 GHz recommended)

RAM: 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)

Video Card: 64 MB OpenGL-compliant video card (128 MB recommended) (see supported list*)

Sound Card: Sound Blaster®-complaint sound card

DVD: 4x DVD or faster

Hard Drive Space: 1 GB

Input Devices: Keyboard and mouse only

Internet Connection: 56 kbps modem + Internet connection (broadband recommended)

Mac System Requirements

Supported OS: OS X 10.2.8 to 10.4 (only)

Processor: 1 GHz G4

RAM: 256 MB RAM (512 GB recommended)

Video Card: 64 MB video card (see supported list*)

Sound Card: Standard

DVD: 4x DVD or faster

Hard Drive Space: 1 GB

Input Devices: Keyboard and mouse only

Internet Connection: 56 kbps modem + Internet connection (broadband recommended)

*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

- ATI® Radeon 8500/9000/X families

- NVidia® GeForce 3/4/FX/6 families

Only Radeon 9500 or better and FC 5500 or better chipsets support new graphics features. Laptop models of these cards not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported later.

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

This game is not dead, and SB exe errors are uncommon. On average I get about 2-3 a month.

• SkipMeisterSkipMeister Member UncommonPosts: 28

I recently downloaded and patched the game since several I know are about to restart SB once the new patch goes live and servers are wiped.

I received an sb.exe error within the first 5 minutes on newbie island.  sb.exe errors are quite common in my first 6 levels of playing and that says alot since you can get to lvl 6 in a very, very short time.

My current system is 10 x better than the system I used to 2 box off of when the game came out so it's simply still crap coding as opposed to crap hardware.  Love some of the stuff about this game but still has and always will have to many coding issues to make it worth my time.

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by SkipMeister

I recently downloaded and patched the game since several I know are about to restart SB once the new patch goes live and servers are wiped.

I received an sb.exe error within the first 5 minutes on newbie island.  sb.exe errors are quite common in my first 6 levels of playing and that says alot since you can get to lvl 6 in a very, very short time.

My current system is 10 x better than the system I used to 2 box off of when the game came out so it's simply still crap coding as opposed to crap hardware.  Love some of the stuff about this game but still has and always will have to many coding issues to make it worth my time.

thats funny I just tried it this weekend and got nothing

• rcareyrcarey Member Posts: 63

It looks like everyone has different experiences when it comes to playing this game. maybe it has something to do with the server you play on or just the game itself. i guess ill just have to download it and play it for myself. and thank you for the required computer specifications Ozias. they will come in handy when it becomes time to play this game and also  when it becomes time to get a new rig.

~i'd rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in~