Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You people cry for PvP but...

124»

Comments

• SilverminkSilvermink Member UncommonPosts: 289

Originally posted by Maragold

Originally posted by Rayalist

Originally posted by SonofSeth

Originally posted by Maragold

Give me adventures worth playing, stories I care about, enemies that think, plots that thicken, monsters that hunt me, wars that matter with victories and defeats that change the world. 

I can be the monster that hunts you.

Exactly.

MMOs already have intelligent enemies in abundance - other players.

I hear that song sung all the time, but the majority of PVP players are just annoying, not challenging.  As soon as I say I want monsters hunting me, you think in terms of some idiot who wants to run up and kill me for my stuff or EXP.  

This is NOT what I'm talking about.  What I want is to sneak into the Cult of the Red Eye and steal the red eye gem out of their idol.   Then, because I did that they decide to sacrifice me to their god.  While I'm out on my next adventure one of them spots me in a tavern and alerts the rest of the cult members.  They then lay a trap outside town with a broken down wagon and some guy pretending to be hurt on the ground to sucker me into their ambush.   This is game play, not random attacks by morons.

I think games do have this to a minor extent but they are scripted and posted on spoiler sites and ruined. I don't think you could do this without it being completely scripted unless it was a GM event.  Why are you asking for this in a pvp thread unless you expect PC players to make custom content for other players which isn't really possible in any game i've ever seen.
  • SestunSestun Member Posts: 25

Planetside, pure PvP, no PvE. You can forget about being uber. Any one can kill any one. BR1 or BR25, makes no difference. Pick your empire, grab your gun, and jump into the war for world domination. Be a sniper, drive or gun for a tank, fly half a dozen different planes, be a infiltrator, a medic, a engineer, play a support role, or soldier your way to victory. Loot corpses, and take all their stuff. No click and forget here, if your not moving your already dead.

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by ZoOoO

Originally posted by fyerwall

What companies need to do when making a PvE/PvP game is to balance each half separetly. Have each Skill/Ability/Spell setup with stats for each.
    Before Patch 1.something
    Heal2

PvE: Heals Target for 100-600 points

PvP: Heals Target for 10% of total HP
    Fireball3

PvE: Damages Target for 500-1200 points

PvP: Damages Target for 30% at 0 points of fire resistance
    After Patch 1.something
    Heal2

PvE: Heals Target for 100-600 points

PvP: Heals Target for 15% of total HP.
    Fireball3

PvE: Damages Target for 500-1200 points

PvP: Damages Target for 25% at 0 points of fire resistance
    Also, as others have said, The game needs to be designed with BOTH playstyles in mind at the same time. You can't add one playstyle as an afterthough because it will destroy balance, tick off PvPers/PvEers and scare one group away.

Probably one of the best ideas i`ve ever read, brilliant,. i wish dev`s teams would folow such "easy" advice

EQ2 uses that model in their PvP servers. All spells and combat arts has pretty much two descriptions, one for PvE and one for PvP (including healing).

--
    Leemeg.

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Originally posted by Sestun

Planetside, pure PvP, no PvE. You can forget about being uber. Any one can kill any one. BR1 or BR25, makes no difference. Pick your empire, grab your gun, and jump into the war for world domination. Be a sniper, drive or gun for a tank, fly half a dozen different planes, be a infiltrator, a medic, a engineer, play a support role, or soldier your way to victory. Loot corpses, and take all their stuff. No click and forget here, if your not moving your already dead.
    BR1 makes a massive difference to BR25.

Who are you trying to kid?

The BR1 guy spends 45 minutes getting into position to be the equal of any specific one of the many types of combatant so that he has the drop on him.

The BR25 guy can chose from a multitude of options guarenteeing him the ability to get the drop on any other opponent within seconds.

When a tank kills the BR1 guy he must walk 20 minutes to get back into the fight, where upon he still cannot kill the tank because he has chosen an anti-infantry kit. The BR25 guy spawns an aircraft, fly's back and 30 seconds later kills the tank.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by SonofSeth

Originally posted by Zorvan

Internet tough guys are usually anything but tough in real life. Go ask mommy for some ice cream, junior. Come back when you've matured a little. As stated above, you are a shining example of why PvPer's get frowned upon by the rest of the gaming population.

Oh, as for a "substantiated claim that people who enjoy PvP are annoying", I offer you as an example.
    Since when is it required to be tough in real life to be a tough guy on internet or in a game. I thought one of the major selling points of any game is to make you feel like something you aren't in real life. When did that change, I didn't read the memo.

Very true. At one time or another, we've all played the "keyboard macho man". Even myself, and I've been called on it, deservedly so. That's all I was doing here, providing a little wake-up call.

Edit: And it can be a good idea to be a tough guy in real life if you're going to be one on the internet. Especially if the one you're being tough with turns out to be 6'5'', 200lbs., and finds out you live next door.