Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ehh a little advice from me, im kinda a lvl62

LYC6285LYC6285 Member Posts: 5

err well,, lets put it this way, u have to be quite good in stats building and being thrifty to do well in this game, well i had an unsucessful lvl62 still with wrong stats and not tat good in grinding except pvp, cuz its str based heehee XD , and earning gold should be no prob if u save enough.                                                                                          yawn but i got a little bored, its been about 1yr+ since i last played, my char id: Overdrunker, got a little famous on cc2, XD

Comments

• LYC6285LYC6285 Member Posts: 5

ehh btw intro any good mmos, or fun games, i would like to try out, especially free and had stuffs like faction wars in hero, it rocks

• kiepconchikiepconchi Member Posts: 10

http://jx2.gameflier.com.my

try this game, weird that this game have never been introduced in this website, since it very popular in china, it was voted best game of the year (of its genre) in there (dont worry, this is english version of it, and its free, and it has fraction war, and their battle mode is awnsome..)hope you like it .... if you want to check out their ultimate skill move video, jx2.uni.cc is the forum you can have a look at ...

cheers :D

• LYC6285LYC6285 Member Posts: 5

wow thx, i also got a new mmo im gonna tryout, err i think its shaiya frm aeria games, well i got invited to play closed beta, so thx for ur opinion, i will try the game u intro'd.

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

I beg to differ. This might have been an issue in the past, but by now the "good" build are well known. Skill dmg is absolutely critical, so it's a must to raise INT. The only build that is not INT based is a pure pvp one, so you might rule in pvp (which now in Hero means almost nothing), but it's impossible to level up (especially at higher lvls). Normally ppl go STR/INT or DEX/INT (this one will help you level faster, and considering the game's latest stats alterations, I'd say it's preferable) because they're good overall builds. But to be honest, the only thing that matters is to pump as much points as you can in INT and get the best weapon you can get your hands on.

Jobs are also very important, because they can ruin a toon or biff it up a lot. Warriors dominate because of the huge ammount of HP and defence, sins used to be quite deadly, but since the eyeballs were introduced many sins complain. Combat medic is cool only at high lvls (85 - 90 + ) because it's a pain to level and the skills are useful mainly in wars (and unless you have very good gear on, you will still need the help of a warrior to watch your back - combat meds are primary targets on the field). Hunter is rubbish - I leveled one up to 68 and got really tired of it.

To conclude, if you want to be competitive in Hero, it's critical to have: 1. a lot of HP (as much as you can - use the best HT robes, HP jewelry, etc)  2. defence (it's the thing that would keep you alive along with HP, so take that extra buck of the pocket and buy the best defence gear you can find - don't spend money on skill def gear, pure def or % def for dex builds is still the best option)  3. massive damage - this means skill dmg, because pure dmg might be a very good option in pvp, but AOEs are the only way to level at a decent rate. Plus, it's useless to get a master or even divine book if you can't do a decent ammount of dmg with skills. So play smart, start adding points to INT very early on (even if at first seems pointless since you'll make more dmg with normal attacks instead of skills), maximize ALL your AOE skills asap, maximize also your job skills asap (it's mandatory), buy a HT suit (they make a huge difference), buy the best HP jewelry you can find) and the best defence gear available...and you should be just fine.

• XicusXicus Member Posts: 55

lifelife if you dont like it dont bother posting in a thread with people who like it and by the way you need Microsoft Visual C++ to play this it should come in a update for your graphics driver.

Let him/her be, Xicus...it takes time to understand the difference between a bad game and bad management...

• vaizardvaizard Member Posts: 130

If you like item malls and asian grind fests, this is the game for you!

You know, I used to think the same think about Hero - that it's an endless grindfest...untill I got fed up with it and tried several other games. Much to my surprise, those were even more grinding oriented and leveling was slower. So after sometimes I was back in good old Hero :) The thing is: you can esily reach lvl 50 within 2 weeks, IF you know how to build a good character. The builds need time to get balanced and if you don't know exactly what you're doing, you'll end up with a weak character exactly when you'll need a good aoe damage dealer the most (by the time you enter Southern Plains). The real grinding starts with Bamboo and Silent Valley, and yes, going from 70 up is a pain and almost impossible to lvl pass 80 if you don't use the cash shop (for black dragon crafting).

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

yeah their is alot of grind in the mmos of late

they need more storyline and more quest and if they have pvp systems they need to work them out better

but more then any of this they need more heroics and a more team work based system

any ways yeah character builds

the op touched on character builds

here now really if make a mmo where you have to pick where you put stats or skills you end up with character builds

Here i say they just add in AA's to provent mistakes in builds ruining a char

basically character development needs more work

its like that in most mmos though some just over look chars

characters are the main compontent a player has for interaction with game world

So make characters more collectable and alternate way to advance to make it so builds dont dead end a character.

So what you're saying is: you'd rather like to have 10 or 20 more ways to suck rather than 1 or 2 good ones, that would allow you to level faster and hold your ground in PVP? I'm sorry but that makes no sense. If you're a casual player and all you're interested in is experimenting with your toon, than by all means do that - but if you want to become (eventually) the best, you will have to choose a very good build, and even then, you'd still be needeing very good gear too.

The funny thing is as you advance you discover that you know less about the game as you previously thought, and after more levels you might even switch for a different job or build, because grinding changes too.

Hero seems (and in many ways actually is) a very simple game, but still a lot of ppl manage to gimp their toons; imagine it being twice more difficult....ppl will whine non stop.

The problem is not the game itself (it's a pretty well designed game btw), but the way it's being managed and nerfed in such a way that pass lvl  Silent Valley (Crimson Sky and up) leveling without full black dragon gear (and a good HT set) becomes almost impossible.