Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server selection

I am getting ready to start playing this wonderful game again, but it has been several years.  So I figure I will start all over, since i probably forgot everything anyway.  So last night I load up the game and update it and this morning  I see that you can choose which server you would like to play on.  I was wondering if there is a server that fits my play time, which would be from about 8pm est to about 1130pm/midnight.

Thanks for any help

Ash

Comments

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666

That's a good question, and this server question seems to be asked quite a bit in one form or another.

The short answer is we can't really tell you what server will be best for your time zone. We can all give you what our personal experiences are, but that may or may not help you very much.

With that said, I'll give you my personal experience since I've come back. I recently just started over again at the beginning of the month (I also played a few years ago but quit) and started up on Pandemonium. After learning how to play the game again I've had a great time. The server seems to be pretty active, the AH prices are not inflated, and the community is nice (in my experience).

I play at random times throughout the day because of my class schedule, but I usually log on at night (around 8:30-11:30pm like you stated) and find quite a few people online. Getting a party can be hit or miss just like with any time, day, or server, but it seems like 4pm-11pm EST is the most active time for the server.

Still, don't choose based on what I said - the best I can tell you is to try and find one that you think will work for you, either because you know people on it or you have heard good things about it. Either way, good luck with what you choose, and welcome back!

• AshthorneAshthorne Member Posts: 4

Hey thanks for the answer, I might be headed your way over to  Pandemonium.  I been at some other sites and Pandemonium seems to have a lot going for it; and I have been reading post on here for a while too, an I have noticed you seem really excited about your new home.  An that is always a plus.  I just didn't want to pick one blindly only to find that the majority of the people are on while I am sleeping or at work.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Its really hard to answer this question because most people have only played on one server so most think their server is the best. I'm going to be honest with you about Caitsith though. When i log on during your time frame you spoke the server usually has about 2-2.5k people on. The thing is when i log on during JP primetime there is usually over 3.5k so Im guessing my server is mostly JP and less NA players there is no way Id switch though because of the friends i have on this server. I do on the other know a lot of my old friends switched over to Unicorn at the time they said it was less populated but that was actually good for their play style. Less competition for the over camped NMs and such. Hope this helps. Oh and by the way pandemonium AH has the lowest prices right now. Thats usually a good thing for newer players as well but when AH prices are cheaper so is the stuff your selling so hopefully its to your benefit.

• AshthorneAshthorne Member Posts: 4

Hey thanks for taking the time to answer, has the ability to choose servers not been out long?  I'd imagine though most people have been established on their server by the time that option came out.  Well I did end up on Pandy , the name there is Dins if anybody is in the neighborhood. An thanks again Park and K11