Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Return to Stormreach, for Free

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

As part of the two year anniversary celebrations for Dungeons and Dragons Online, Turbine is inviting previous players to return to Stormreach for free from March 5th to March 11th.

Dungeons & Dragons Online™: Stormreach™ (DDO) is celebrating its second anniversary! To mark this special occasion, we're inviting our previous players to come and enjoy all of the new DDO content for FREE from March 5-11, 2008!

Play your old characters, check out the 2nd Anniversary celebration events, and earn +25% bonus experience! Just log into your DDO account from March 5-11, 2008 and we'll take care of the fun and adventure. Here are some things that were added to the game since you were last here:

Module 6: The Thirteenth EclipseNew

• Level Cap = 16th Level!
  • 5 New Dungeons!
  • Crafting Comes to Eberron!
  • New Raid Bosses - Fiendish and Fearsome!
  • UI Skins - Custom UI Skinning (more info)!
For a full list of what's new in Module 6: The Thirteenth Eclipse, click here.

Read more here.

Comments

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Turbine does not delete characters so everyone should be able to pick up where they left off when they quit DDO. 

If anyone is on Ghallanda and would like a tour of some of the newer content I'd be willing to show them around. 

• saniceksanicek Member UncommonPosts: 368

Is this also for the EU version?

Subscribtions: EVE, SWTOR WOW, WAR, DDO, VG, AOC, COV, FFXI, GW, RFO, Aion
    +plenty of F2P, betas, trials

Female Dwarf player: WOW, VG, WAR, DDO
    Due to the recent economic crisis and spending cuts the light at the end of the tunnel was turned off. Sincerely, God.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The sweet smell of desperation.

• Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395

Originally posted by Zorvan

nah not really

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

i never feel sorry for Corporations but i almost feel sorry for poor old (A)D&D.   Nearly every game company that tried to capture the depth of paper Dungeons and Dragons has missed the mark.

The last semi-worthwhile rendition of the franchise was waaay back in the Strategic Simulations "Gold Box Series" days.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Ummm ignorance,  DDO is  actually doing pretty well.....

Originally posted by Flummoxed

i never feel sorry for Corporations but i almost feel sorry for poor old (A)D&D.   Nearly every game company that tried to capture the depth of paper Dungeons and Dragons has missed the mark.
    The last semi-worthwhile rendition of the franchise was waaay back in the Strategic Simulations "Gold Box Series" days.

Well DDO is attempting to at least...I think.  And from what I am hearing from the developers we will get more of a D&D experience when they upgrade to the 4.0 edition of the rules, plus you can expect things like  Elven Capes, Mounts for Paladins, Actual pets for Rangers instead of familiars ....and the city of doors thing in Stormreach is going away  they are going to make that part more traditional with Villages, and cities....it's not going to be that  hard they basically will be reusing much of AC-2's land mass for that. I think folks will be impressed withe where DDO is going in the next year.

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Flummoxed

lol...

You my friend are showing your age.

Wait a second... I remember that game too...  Damn.

• QueinaiQueinai Member Posts: 76

Originally posted by todeswulf

plus you can expect things like Elven Capes, Mounts for Paladins, Actual pets for Rangers instead of familiars ....and the city of doors thing in Stormreach is going away they are going to make that part more traditional with Villages, and cities....it's not going to be that hard they basically will be reusing much of AC-2's land mass for that.

Thats news to me, can you post a link or two pointing to this information please?

Originally posted by Queinai

Originally posted by todeswulf

plus you can expect things like Elven Capes, Mounts for Paladins, Actual pets for Rangers instead of familiars ....and the city of doors thing in Stormreach is going away they are going to make that part more traditional with Villages, and cities....it's not going to be that hard they basically will be reusing much of AC-2's land mass for that.

Thats news to me, can you post a link or two pointing to this information please?

Kate hints about it in her interview, but they are keeping things under wraps......  anyone that frequents the offices knows what’s going on, they have been working on this very quietly for the past year...actually since Ken left.

You will want to be around for the Birthday celebration, I can tell you that.

• PoisoN1990PoisoN1990 Member Posts: 75

so are they saying they will only give 6 day of free play or what?

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

This game is a very bad copy of Runescape's marketing system, except RuneScape community is so freaking huge that they don't need to give Free players P2p content for a few days.