Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How I can get a rank?

EleetistEleetist Member Posts: 4

How I can get a rank on this forum? I know, I must have 100 points, but I don't know which points, and how I can get them. Any one can help me?

Comments

• Keebs1984Keebs1984 Member Posts: 1,356

Three simple things will raise your rank:

1. Follow the rules.
    2. Login daily.
    3. Post on the forums. Meaningful posts only, and it helps if your posts are well thought out and grammatically correct.

Hope this helps.

Eternally mine,
    Keebs

The MMO gaming blog I write for.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by Keebs1984

Three simple things will raise your rank:

Follow the rules.
    Login daily.
    Post on the forums. Meaningful posts only, and it helps if your posts are well thought out and grammatically correct.

Hope this helps.

I'd add that meaty, meaningful posts are best.  Ones that substantially contribute to the conversation.  QFA/QFT type stuff does not help your rank calculation.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• EleetistEleetist Member Posts: 4

Ok. Thanks for help.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

See the FAQ.

More directly, log in every day at least once.  To raise rank, make 3-5 meaningful and contributory posts per day that consist of more than 1-2 sentences (small replies actually take points away).  To maintain rank, make 2-3 meaningful posts per day.  Then you can have the coveted Elite Member title next to your name, such as:  Elitist Elite Member.

Of course, anyone who wants the title reads these threads and artificially posts like I described and low and behold, everyone is "Elite."

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

So, meaning even if we have few posts we can still become Elite? How many posts did you have when you gained the title Elite?

• Vortex500Vortex500 Member Posts: 392

Originally posted by hotpie

So, meaning even if we have few posts we can still become Elite? How many posts did you have when you gained the title Elite?

I become elite around 100 post. I dont feel like I really deserve it, so Im just waiting for it to go down again. Lately it feels like most of my post has only been rubbish. So if a Mod reads this... I deserve a two week ban for my crappy posts. *Waits for the ban*

The Second BANNED Vet

• KaMiKKaMiK Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Vortex500

Originally posted by hotpie

I become elite around 100 post. I dont feel like I really deserve it, so Im just waiting for it to go down again. Lately it feels like most of my post has only been rubbish. So if a Mod reads this... I deserve a two week ban for my crappy posts. *Waits for the ban*

People care too much about a stupid forum rank lol :)

Let me tell you this:

Just post usefull stuff and as they said before log in at least once a day and your rank will go up.

Ive been a member of this site for very long and i often came but not often logged on so that's why my rank is not so good :)

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

I was wondering how this worked. I don't usually care about such things but I noticed my ranking going up when I had more spare time on my hands (which lead to more posts overall hehe). Then here lately during my job search my points which had been pegged at 100 started dropping fairly quickly (even though I had been logging in every day). I didn't realize some of my more humorous (at least to me ;)) one line posts "cost" points though.