Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Intel on the Ambulation Release?

MaadiahMaadiah Member Posts: 67

Has anyone seen anything lately on the expected release date (or expected timeframe) of the Ambulation expansion?

All the interviews and articles I've read date back to last year and never say anything more specific than "sometime in 2008" I asked about this on the in-game Help channel last night and some guy said it had been pushed back to 2009.

Is anyone aware of anything more specific?

Cheers

Comments

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Nope, nothing more specific than sometime 2008 (my personal guess would be late fall to early winter). Pushed back to 2009 has not been stated by CCP. CCP is not in the habit of giving release dates until they are sure it will make it. They have always run a 'when it's done' policy.

• MaadiahMaadiah Member Posts: 67

The only mention of a specific date I have found on the forums is from a posting on sluniverse (no specific source is referenced, so take it for what it's worth):

"Worst news about the expansion - it's due out LATE this year, so I can imagine it being put back to 2009"

http://sluniverse.com/php/vb/gaming/5841-eve-online-ambulation.html

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

any way is a optional update vista only so not many ppl will install that

BestSigEver :P

Vista only ? Show me where this has been stated.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by cosy
    any way is a optional update vista only so not many ppl will install that

This is wrong, sorry.

CCP even made the latest expansion completely optional, so people with older gfx-cards could play.
    They will do the same with ambulation. It will be no coremechanic, but an addition which is completely optional.

CCP never stated that they would make anything "vista only" apart from Dx10. And Dx10 is nowhere near completion.

myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp

Scroll down to post #10

Originally posted by CCP Eris Discordia

"Not true, it will run on DX9 too. I just asked some very important people and they said ´no, dx9 too)"

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

batolemaeus u dont get me :DDD

Lordmonkus hope that is true but atm i dont bet on that

BestSigEver :P

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

I don't know where you got your information from cosy, but they have NEVER said that any update will be DX10.  Even Trinity wasn't upgraded to DX10.. it was just upgraded to DX9.  Ambulation will not be a DX10 only update.  You can 'not bet on it' all you want, but it just won't happen.  They might add DX10 support later on, but it will not be solely DX10.

Cosy, do you need more Dev confirmation of Ambulation being available on DX9 ?

Originally posted by CCP Redundancy

"As started in 3 other places I can think of, some linked earlier in this thread already, I'll just say it again and be ready to state it the next time another thread is started:

The Walking in Station / Ambulation technology is designed and implemented on top of the DX9 engine rewrite. There are currently no plans to require DX10 for any gameplay feature."

Originally posted by CCP t0rfiFrans

"Hi all

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the great interest people are showing the Ambulation project. Second, I'd like to mention a few technical things about the trailer people saw:

1. All the graphics are in-game from our upgraded Trinity engine. The animation is motion captured and then blended using our new character animation engine.

2. The video was made on an Alienware Area 51 R4 Quad core SLI machine with two Geforce 8800 cards with 768 MB RAM each. I think the machine has 4 gigs of regular RAM. That's not the required spec for the final product, though, but as the shaders are yet unoptimized, we prefer working with such monster hardware when making trailers and such.

3. The engine runs in DirectX 9, Shader model 3.0 on Windows XP.

4. Everything was captured in Fraps and then edited in After Effects.

5. The trailer as seen on the Ten Ton Hammer website will probably never be released in its current form to the public. It was rushed through before GDC, with what we had running on our desktops at the moment. We feel it doesn't fully convey the richness of the station environments and the details in shading and texturing we intend to use.

6. We plan to release a proper trailer in a few months time. Yes I know, we're secretive bastards, but that's the cold brutal reality of life, I guess.

7. That's it!"

Is this enough for you ?