Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

new computer question

deadlydog5deadlydog5 Member Posts: 95

CASE: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (SILVER COLOR)

CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit

MOTHERBOARD:  MSI P35 Neo2-FR Intel P35 CrossFire Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (4x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Mushkin or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 16X PCI Express (EVGA Superclocked Powered by NVIDIA)

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Optical Drive: (Special Price) 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)

SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE

k i was wondering how u guys think it is and any recomendations. also what makes a CPU faster and better performance

Heroes are born but legends never die

Comments

• ZreddnaZreddna Member UncommonPosts: 2

I think this sounds quite good. But I have some things you might wanna consider:

1. PSU - Do I understand your post correctly that the case includes a 350W PSU and that is what you are going for? You might consider upgrading to around 500 with this prosessor and graphics card, especially if you consider overclocking.

2. Video: The 8800 GTS 512MB is actually a newer and better card than the GTS 640Mb (New production prosess ++) Its about the same price.

• deadlydog5deadlydog5 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Zreddna

I think this sounds quite good. But I have some things you might wanna consider:

1. PSU - Do I understand your post correctly that the case includes a 350W PSU and that is what you are going for? You might consider upgrading to around 500 with this prosessor and graphics card, especially if you consider overclocking.
    ya i noticed that

2. Video: The 8800 GTS 512MB is actually a newer and better card than the GTS 640Mb (New production prosess ++) Its about the same price.

k thanks

Heroes are born but legends never die

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

Zreddna gave some good advice. You might also consider dropping the sound card as the on board sound will probably just as good.

Also, consider this case and powersupply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024&Tpk=sonata%2bIII.
    They're more expensive then what you listed before, but both the case and the psu are great and the combo almost cannot be beat in value. It should run cooler and more quiet then the case that you listed.