Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mechwarrior type mmo?

I was wondering if there were any mechwarrior type mmo's out there, or at least one that can support  a couple dozen people on one server and has pretty good graphics, i mean like mechwarrior 4 but if it isnt that good o well.. so is there any?

MoooOOOoooo!

Comments

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239

HAH! the game you are referring to is called Planetside in the soon to be near future.

Idiot Designers are adding robots that people can pilot.

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Originally posted by Strider1233
    I was wondering if there were any mechwarrior type mmo's out there, or at least one that can support  a couple dozen people on one server and has pretty good graphics, i mean like mechwarrior 4 but if it isnt that good o well.. so is there any?

They had one, but unfortunatly  Electronic Arts and its hands in it, so as usual they closed it down.

Was called Battletech 3025.. er 3057... er something like that.

I've been waiting for a Mechwarrior mmorpg for a long time... Once Microprose(Kings of simulations)  was bought out by atari, and Microsoft took over  the Simulation feel of the mechs went to crap.  Couldn't stand Mw4 personally, but a mmorpg of anything mechwarrior would be fun.     Would be cool if you could play infantry, drive tanks and aircraft as well as mechs.

Like said above, planetside is getting  wannabe mechs... still isn't mechwarrior though ;)

- GRAFFiX -

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Mech 4: Mercs turned into an mmrpg would be sweet. An extremely well established universe would make it so much easier for them to create an mmrpg than starting from scratch.

--------------------------------------
    Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2, MU Online

• Wicked_EdgeWicked_Edge Member Posts: 176

Tribes: Vengeance will have a Starsiege mod, which is essentially a "Mech-Type Game"

---------------------------------
    UO - 4 years
    AC - 2 years
    AC2 - 6 months
    DAoC - 1 month
    FFXI - 7 months
    Diablo2 - 9 months
    Shadowbane - Beta tested
    Lineage2 - Beta tested
    mmoRPG'er since October 1997

---------------------------------
    UO - 4 years