Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did I just waste my money?

ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

I was in the store today and saw Fury on the shelf.  I read the box and it intrigued me.  So I PAID for the game seeing that it is free for life.  I am now installing it and while it is updating I am reading about Fury here ...

Should I have read here first?  Yes and that is my fault.  But I see that the game is free to download and free to play but I bought it.  WTF?

Did I just waste my money or is buying it going to give me extra stuff that I would want?  In the end it doesnt matter anyway ... I leave for Age of Conan in May

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

Comments

• blodigblodig Member Posts: 19

Tbh, Fury looks like a great game, but it depends on what you like, so i think you made the right choice, but the problem about age of conan is that it requires a badass computer, Friend of mine is playing it in Beta phase and he has a pretty decent computer. and still it is rather laggy.....

So to play that you have to realy was money ^^

• Rott23Rott23 Member UncommonPosts: 56

It's free to play now, so buying the actual game probably is a waste of money. I'm no sure if it comes with bonus content or not.

Try taking it back to the store at tell them that it is free to play now and they shouldn't even be selling it.

There was a store where I lived still trying to sell an Earth and Beyond time card in the closeout section about a month. That game has been shut down for years. I told them about it and they just pulled it from the shelf.  I suppose they might contact the manufacturer as well for Fury - who knows tho'.

• Devildog1Devildog1 Member Posts: 494

Ouch man sorry to hear that! Also watch out for boxes of Sword of the new world or Granado Espada as this is now a F2p game with a DL client  too!

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by blodig

but the problem about age of conan is that it requires a badass computer

Core 2 Q6600 - DDR2 1066 6g RAM - Gforce 8800 GTX - Vista 64 - etc ... I'm ready :)

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

Looks like you got the comp rdy ;)

but when i watched my friend play the Beta, it wasnt realy anything to cheer about

i wount say it was bad, but it wasnt realy good either.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

Return it to the store and claim it is not compatible with your system and get credit for another game. Fury sucks the big one.

well red, tbh, you dont have the rights to tell others that the game sucks, you have your tast and others have their.

But somehow i do agree with you, Fury isnt all that good, Work at a game store so get alot of info. so it hasnt looked any good since they announced it.

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

Originally posted by Thornrage

Should I have read here first?

TBH reading here first wouldn't ave given you any real impression of the CURRENT game as these boards are flooded by either ex disgruntled players who played a different version of the game or others who tried it and didn't like that it was pure PVP. It has changed a lot to accomodate for new players but its best to make your own mind up about the game.

Did I just waste my money or is buying it going to give me extra stuff that I would want?

No you haven't wasted your money. Sure you could have downloaded it for free and played as a Chosen account but all you have done is gone straight to an Hero account status by buying the game which players who end up getting into the game generally do. You'll actually have free Immortal status for a month (which is the equivalent of subscribing monthly) and then revert to Hero.
    Its not a bad game if you like PVP, theres quite a few MMO's with PVP out there that REQUIRE you pay a monthly fee to be able to play them properly whereas with Fury just buying it is enough. Also you won't be having to grind x amount of npc mobs just to get to a competitive level.

There was a store where I lived still trying to sell an Earth and Beyond time card in the closeout section about a month. That game has been shut down for years. I told them about it and they just pulled it from the shelf. I suppose they might contact the manufacturer as well for Fury - who knows tho'.

Why the hell would they remove a game from their shelves that is still running? Its not like Fury has shut down, far from it. You can buy Hero status (which is basically buying the game as opposed to playing for free as a Chosen account) from a store or online direct digital download without a box.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Thx

I'll check out the guides you have linked and will keep the game.

• SpathisSpathis Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by Thornrage

Did I just waste my money 
    Short term answer: YES

Long term answer: NO, with a But

Currently Playing: Metal Gear Online, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Oblivion. (Taking a break from MMO's)

• SystiSysti Fury Community VolunteerMember Posts: 31

As others have said, you didn't really waste your money.  The F2P is just an option with disadvantages, slower essence and gold buildup, etc.  When you purchase the game, or upgrade the free account, you become a Hero, and are no longer labeled a chosen.  You also get 30 days of Immortal, a subscription plan that again has some more non-combat benefits that hero's don't.

So as the poster above me put it, there is a 'but', about if you wasted your money, but it's conditional.  That money spent to be a hero may have been otherwise spent as a chosen in the game store on gold or abilities, so you came out alright.