Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I tried the game before

lpetnies99lpetnies99 Member Posts: 28

But right after I started I quit because not having an actual character turned me off a lot.....but boredom has taken me over and i hate grind fest so I am going to try the game again any tips to make it a better starting experience?

Comments

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Well ambulation is in the works so people will be able to walk around and interact with other players and the station environments. But my general advice is unless you are interested in economics and industry don't fall into the high sec trap of living safely and grinding missions as chances are you will walk away again out of boredom.

EVE begins to shine if you get involved in the PvP or you like industry and economics, EVEs PVE sucks and working away to get "epic" items as a goal is false as they are not really epic except to carebears E-peen.

There are a few ways into decent PvP, you can join the red v blue corps who are in a constant war and most people just use alts and cheap ship and fittings and unlike most empire wars its a laugh with no station humping and no nasty smack. You can join a pirate corp but most the decent ones have minimum SP requirements and alliances are the same.

But EVE is the PvP, don't be afraid to get involved and don't fly ships you don't have the experience for and the SP for as it hurts when you loose them because you made mistakes so use cheap stuff because you WILL make mistakes.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

Also figure out what role you want to play in the overall scheme of things and work towards it and specialize in it. Eve is a game where you set your own goals unlike other games where your goals are set for you. Because of this figuring out exactly what you want to do is probably the biggest and most important factor in not being bored.

• AzirophosAzirophos Member Posts: 447

In EVE (more than in any other MMO) it is very important for your game enjoyment to work together with others to achive goals that a single person alone can not achieve. While everyone will tell you how much of a cutthroat game EVE is, you also need to know, that you can have potentially a lot more fun by working together with others. The trick is to find such a group. Don't be dishearted if you fail to find one asap, it usually takes some time.

------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Mandolin

Designers need to move away from the old D&D level-based model which was never designed for player vs player combat in the first place.