Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Class Will You Be?

I'm fairly new to Age of Conan, Well I've followed it for quite some time now, however I haven't till recently read up on it etc. I must admit I'm really looking forward to this game, as a huge pvp fan myself I believe this to be the next big thing, and I've been looking for a new great mmorpg for so long now.

So I was just wondering what people had in mind for their first char? I myself find Necromancer really interesting. I've always enjoyed necro's wether it being in books, or games. I remember good ol' D2 days, I just loved my necromancer, so I guess that's what I will be aiming for :)

Comments

• brutotalbrutotal Member Posts: 276

Dark Templar all the way. A highly survivable class in a constant pvp setting ftw.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Im looking forward to testing out the stealth classes, particularly the Ranger. I hope the stealth system is as advanced as it sounds from all the hype. Sound, line of site, lighting and skill will make stealth class fun to play.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

I think i will basically test all of the classes eventually. *chuckles* For now though, I have my eyes on a Barbarian and/or a Tempest of Set. I don't know it for sure yet though. Still having difficulties pinpointing my decision.

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216

Well at my hard im an a Assassin, ever since swG (called bounty hunter there), so this is what i ill be as my main in AoC.. and on a pvp server of cause.

Gonna start up a Assassin business, so if you want someone killed, pm me ;-)

The feeling you get of sneaking up an unsuspecting mark, is on my opinion, unmatched.

At my sec, im alsp gonna try that Herald of Xolti, really sounds like my kinda guy :-)

• jerksonjerkson Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by pust082

Im looking forward to testing out the stealth classes, particularly the Ranger. I hope the stealth system is as advanced as it sounds from all the hype. Sound, line of site, lighting and skill will make stealth class fun to play.

It sounds awesome, the part with, the heavier armor you wear, the more noice you make, very realistic, I like that. Also the part about how you move, and adjust to the element surrounding you etc. I think we will see the most advanced stealth system ever made :)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Right now I'm thinking Conqueror or Bear Shaman.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by tfwarlord
    Gonna start up a Assassin business, so if you want someone killed, pm me ;-)

An assasin RP guild sounds like a fun idea. Make contracts, send players of similar level to dispose of the mark and collect the money. It might be a great way to deal with griefers!

Add my Ranger to the list!

• PopeLeoVIIPopeLeoVII Member UncommonPosts: 26

Ive always find myself more suited towards one of the caster arch types. I think the Demonologist looks like itll be a lot of fun, but well see when more information comes out.

"My P.O. telling me I need a 9 to 5
    But I already got a job, and that's staying alive"

• indpendent1indpendent1 Member UncommonPosts: 40

I'm going to have to try the Conqueror  at first but if i change my mind its going to be for a Dark Templer.   Thisa game is going to be awesome tho, can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jobattjobatt Member Posts: 7

ive only recently took an in depth look at it myself, well about 3 months ago.

the game looks awsome.

anyone see the g4tv mounted combat display? it was badass! i think there going to air it tomorow again.

ill play 2 characters and assassin for my main and for play with my wife ill probally be some sort of tank since she allways plays healers.

• Cway214Cway214 Member UncommonPosts: 92

I think I will go Barbarian (the damage and combos sounds cool), or possibly conquer.

• SwankySwanky Member Posts: 38

probably a conqueror or guardian. Idk tho assassin sounds so amazingly fun, but PVP and seige doesn't fit well for that. Idk all so fun sounding. And then the ranger, zooming in fp style with the sniper/sharpshooter thing....awesome. But then again a big man with a big sword on a horse, you cant beat that.

My desision is yet to be made only because funcom made the sweetest game ever. Pretty sure atleast. If everything is close to what it says, it's my, officially sweetest game ever.

• RazriusRazrius Member Posts: 32

The following classes to level 20 in this order:

Herald of Xotli

Dark Templar

Necromancer

Demonologist

After that based on the experience I will choose 1 main and probably 1-2 alts.

So far based on the class previews and descriptions I am leaning to play Herald of Xotli (hybrid class, 2handed sword melee combat + demon spells) the 3 rest remaining classes on my list is still under consideration for alts.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Well I forget which classes have been merged into one..  But my personal thoughts were along the lines of..

Druid of the storm

Bear Shaman

and probably Necromancer as some point.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570

Ive played an archer in every mmo I have tried, wont be changing anything here...Ranger!

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• FalfeirFalfeir Member UncommonPosts: 492

whichever class has the nuker role. Seems like ranger has it atm.

I need more vespene gas.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally I was planning on levelling one character from each archetype, with some heavy focus on the healers (probably Priest of Mitra). Unfortunately for me (and my limited game time), even classes within the same archetype seem to play differently than each other (most obvious example is the assassin and ranger form the rogue archetype).

So it's going to be:

Priest of Mitra (or Scion of Set)

Guardian (or Herald of Xoti, I know, different archetype but oh, well)

Barbarian (or Assassin)

Necromancer (or Ranger)

Probably in that order. Not an easy choice, to be honest.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Depends on how fun melee combat is, but here is it in current order of preference. From 1 to 3 if melee combat is not for me and from 3 to 1 if melee combat works for me. :)

I really hope that melee combat gives the thrill of the kill!

1. Ranger

2. Assassin

3. Herald of Xot'li

• joejccva71joejccva71 Member UncommonPosts: 848

I've always played melee or ranged DPS classes in most MMO's so I'll probably try Ranger first, then Assassin.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I'm going for the Barberian.  I figure Conan himself was one and look where it got him.  He is now KING! hehe

I generally tend to play these games with a damage oriented mindset and play style.  I don't enjoy healing or casting magic all that much so I look for a light to medium armor wearing fighter with either a really big weapon or 2 slightly smaller ones and try and make the best of it.  The whole "juggernaut in heavy plate" never appealed to me either.  I guess the best way to describe it would be the "fighter" class or perhaps a gladiator kind of thing where agility and speed play a bigger role and it comes down to me killing them before they kill me.  I figure if I kill them fast enough they won't have time to do any damage to me thus armor is useless

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• bluchewbluchew Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Right now I'm thinking Conqueror or Bear Shaman.

If your going for survivability, then I have to agree. Nothing worse than a huge down time to heal up!!!

• Cotillion99Cotillion99 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Herald of Xotli all the way.  Hybrid class with a demon form, now that just sounds badass.

• jerksonjerkson Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Cotillion99

Herald of Xotli all the way.  Hybrid class with a demon form, now that just sounds badass.

I read Necros were able to take on somekinda Demonic form aswell? Not sure if this is the same as what you're refering too, just something I read on the AoC site.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Last I heard they consolidated the Necromancer and Lich into one, where depending in what skill tree you place your points you could potentially take on the form of a Lich and club people in an undead form.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

I am stuck... Dark Templar or Barbarian, Dont know which i will "main" yet hehe