Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC on Xplay g4tv

Comments

• Balkin31Balkin31 Member UncommonPosts: 224

I just went back and re-watched it. It does have a couple lag spots, short ones but they are there...But I still have to say so what, show me a game with no lag, wether it be video or network ....

I dare say now that after watching it on TV again I can say your simply trolling...

Not to mention you edited your post removing things that were wrong in your original statment.

AOC is fine...

We will see the final version soon enough and then we can all come back and debate the TRUTH at that time..Till then it's my opinion against yours..and since I base my opinion on more than just one TV show or video I WIN!!

Have a nice day.... :)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by solareus

Originally posted by summitus

Originally posted by summitus

THey just showed AoC from gdc and i got to say, the footage was pretty bad is in , not good. The mounts where very jerky and the animations looks pretty VG'ish ,,,, what is up with that ?????

Please  tell us you were only joking and you're not a Troll eh ?

Im a pretty big fan of Funcom, they are a great team, but somehow G4tv was able to make the animations look as bad as VG :/ ,

Are you sure you've got a decent internet connection ? The Video seemed fine to me and everyone else it seems, so I hope you understand why people might think you're wrong,,

It was on my TV , on the TV show Xplay with there GDC covervage broadcasted on G4TV.  The TV show was on my TELEVISION  , my TV doesn't Lag.

No but your cable DCT will if you have one. Point is there was some stutter, it was a demo / presentation, but you still persist in comparing to a game released over a year ago now.

say it with me.. BETA

The link earlier in the thread was to the G4 video of the same thing you watched on your tv.

They explained what the set up was

There was mounting animations

On the whole it was impressive as in the general feedback overall of that event.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• whozthisguywhozthisguy Member UncommonPosts: 186

maybe the horse was on some ice that they hadn't visually put in yet?? =D

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

THey just showed AoC from gdc and i got to say, the footage was pretty bad is in , not good. The mounts where very jerky and the animations looks pretty VG'ish ,,,, what is up with that ?????

In a 3 second segment a horse skated. lets all cancel our pre orders cry doom because we thought we were watching the finished version. Lets all compare released games for over 1 yr with mounts to the beta that is AoC.

And at the end of the day the point is?

What up with that???   BETA - oh shit did you forget?

everything else you said / moaned at was answered.

You said there were no mounting animations - there were.

You imply the whole footage was bad - it wasn't.

Ever had lag in Crysis with all settings turned up high? I do and I have a nice system =)

In exactly the same presentation that was on G4 in 3 other video's there was no skating at the same place in time in the same area.

Maybe its the END OF THE WORLD seriously??!

Laggy game play. No mounting animation, dummy models, horse that skated on the screen, jerky mount movement and a representative who you could barely understand. It was a complete train wreck

Not to mention your lack of understanding - if you was following the game for 3 yrs you would know who that representative was - the game director who is Norweigen. "You" could barely understand him Not everyone else. Way to be discrimitative. You fail.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Wow defensive. If he doesn t like the game who cares let him does it really effect you.

• RazankaRazanka Member UncommonPosts: 67

Watch this vid from GDC it much better. For the record X-Play =/= informative reporting/reviewing of games.

trailer.onlinewelten.com/videos,id3264,age_conan_praesentation.html

• phuzedphuzed Member Posts: 15

I've watched both the G4tv and the online videos and to be honest I think the reason for the laggyness of the G4tv is unrelated to the actual game.

While I agree that alot more people watch TV then online videos I don't think G4's interview is gunna bring any harm, if that is in fact the OP point like he's saying.

MMO fans dont watch G4 to figure out which MMO they are going to play, and if they do then I feel bad for them because G4 tv just blows for online gaming community.

The MMO players watch online videos and read forums to figure out which games their going to play.

I think the truthful version of the game is the video thats circling online right now.. Not that G4 crap.

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715

Personally I got a kick out of watching the game director trying so hard not to stare at Chesty Manface err I mean Morgan Webbs Implants.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

You are saying that the game was buggy and incomplete while FC showcased it on national television?

Maybe the bugs are not all worked out, and maybe it should have been explained that the game is still in beta. There will be bugs... for a while. Even a while after launch. We PC gamers dont mind a bug here or there as long as the overall game is polished.

Jerky mounts?

Poor animations?

I want to know your idea of a good game if this one does not look good to you, graphically.

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Originally posted by todeswulf

Personally I got a kick out of watching the game director trying so hard not to stare at Chesty Manface err I mean Morgan Webbs Implants.

thats funny.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

after watching this...its not terrible...but at the same time this brings to heart a trouble which has prevented me from buying / preordering the game. Performance. This is going to be something which is going to stranglehold the game. I am not shouting doom, but you can see lag spikes and sliding (which is desyncing from client to server as i understand...hence a form of performance error) with NOONE else (being the mass public) playing. Hopefully this is an isolated occurance,  but it still deters me enough from waiting a while before thinking about purchasing it.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

not good

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

The game is in good truck if we reach the point where we're nitpicking details like this and arguing the best marketing strategy of the game.

They have roughly three months to battle what the OP is complaining about, polish. As for any flaws, it's the current true state of the game, which is still in beta with a launch date that was pushed back exactly to polish (doing exactly the opposite of what the Vanguard team did, since that game was mentioned as well).

I also have a revelation to people. This game will have flaws upon release. And bugs. And it won't run well on some people's systems regardless of any optimisations. It's not doom and it's not the end of the world. The polish found in the game will dictate the initial reception of the game. But this is not our problem, it's theirs.

i am not worried about minor points...mines a very big concern...but if you think performance is not a major factor..then yes i guess it is minor

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

To  miagisan:

You're probably right, performance will be a major issue for a lot of people. My apologies if it came out this way. I just afford not to speculate regarding my own system due to special cirqumstances.

• SwankySwanky Member Posts: 38

wtf, all i'm gunna say is that it looked amazing, G4 ones not so much, i agree, but the exact same videos on gametrailers (one person on this thread gave the link) looked outstanding. 3 parts to the video are one there, not just running out of the town and then in the feild on horse.

Anyway all i have to say is that it was a demo on mounts not the entire game, there were like 4 q&a recently for ppl who wanted that. I thought it looked amazing, on GameTrailers.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

morgan webb

Originally posted by Xasapis

To  miagisan:
    You're probably right, performance will be a major issue for a lot of people. My apologies if it came out this way. I just afford not to speculate regarding my own system due to special cirqumstances.

no worries. I have a decent system for gaming (2 gig ram 800mhz, 5200 amd+ x2, 8800gt, win xp pro, 4 hds sata II 7200 rpm) i am pretty sure mine will have no issue on MY end, i worry about networking performance though with more than 10 people on the screen and client optimization as well as server side....and if there are little lag spikes during demos....i am just fearing the worst when it is live. I have a cable modem so connectivity on my end wont be an issue. But i saw the same thing with VG...and i am not comparing the 2, just worried.

• airborne519airborne519 Member Posts: 542

Pretty damn sweet! Beats the hell out of the mounts in swg.  They did a nice job implementing mounts and the combat.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

If you've never been to a gaming convention, let me tell you, the internet connection can run slower than dial-up.

Think about it.  They have hundreds of people all connecting to the same internet connection.  Bottlenecking occurs regularly.

Last year at Gencon I spent an hour trying to update a news story because the connection kept timing out.

Not fun.

Also they were connecting to their test server IN NORWAY.

I'm honestly shocked that there wasn't more connection related lag.  Way to go Funcom.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."