Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

Is the Rangers tracking ability ingame at this time?

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

Originally posted by BushMonkey

Don't think so.

IIRC, even before the NGE they were talking about taking it out because they couldn't get it to work properly in all cases.

This rationale of course does not apply to rubberbanding speeders.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by BushMonkey

There is no Ranger anymore and no current class has anything like it and hasn't for 2.5 years.  

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

I was the 2nd Master Ranger on Naritus (missed first by 6 hours, darn camp xp!) but the Ranger tracking skill never really worked right, it would miss people and creatures that were close to you but get everything 500m away. The Ranger/Scout profession is mostly now in the spy profession, being able to track your target while in stealth mode to them is great fun.

As a spy I can gather with my helper harvest droid (who now auto-harvests) way more meat/hide/bone than my Ranger ever did. It is possible to gather 100k of resources in a hour now. And there is a market for creature resources in the current game, armorsmiths still need quality creature resources and so do the structures traders who build camps.