Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok 2 Online is a failure?

tates11tates11 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Just recently some Forums have concluded that Ragnarok 2 Online would be a failure...

State your side here, But for me I dunn believe that!

Comments

• TrentasyTrentasy Member Posts: 22

if its gonna be anything like the first its gonna kick ass

• tupparituppari Member Posts: 32

Not flaming the game but, to me it seems just a failure of using a name of a successfull game .What little is known, with the modern expectations  and quality of upcoming mmorpgs I highly doubt it will blend out of the category :average.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

It might do well, but it's LONG over-due.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

This is from my experience playing the Korean version of RO2...

For those of you worried about grind... well, don't be. There are so many quests that you will ALWAYS have some objective to complete (if you're grinding, it's by choice or for class XP). Various little decorations are still a big part of the game, and along with some classic head/face/mouth pieces, a lot of new ones have been added too. The graphics are, while still cartoon-ish, look really... really good. There are a lot of armor and weapon types too, so you'll have a lot of options of how you want your character to look. Some old mobs return, while there are a lot of new ones as well (including humans... and not monsters that look like humans, but actual humans to fight).

There are a few problems though from what I've seen. A lot of items in the game don't actually work. Players of iRO will remember cards. They're in the game, but do absolutely nothing but sit in your vault while you wait/hope for them to get the cards working so they'll actually be useful. The other problem is that you can only carry two quests at any time. So there's lot of running or paying for porting... it's really annoying. You'll spend most of the time running around.

Combat is pretty simple... you get abilities that you buy, which relate to your class level, and then flip classes at some point after CLVL (class level) 5. There are two types of XP you can earn... regular XP and class XP. It's a little bothersome earning class XP as you get almost none of it from completing quests... only from killing monsters. So at various points in the game you just have to head out and farm the same critters for as much class XP as you can get.

I love dressing my character up in the most random things :) Certain items have low drop rates, but many of them are fairly common, so you can at least toss a couple of small things onto your character to make them unique. Character customization is VERY nice... about a dozen different hairstyles, 20+ colors, different eyes and colors, and you get to name your weapon (which, from what I've seen, doesn't do anything). Your weapon levels up with you, but I never felt "attached" to my weapon (which is what I guess naming is supposed to do).

Sadly I've been unable to play in a while (this massive patch refused to dl for me), but I look forward to when they release an English version.

• tates11tates11 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Haha I know many would try to comment about this, but on what I have experienced in the Korean version of Ro2 theres still a lot of glitches and bugs that they should try to fix and about the cards they haven't implemented them yet, though currently obtainable in the game still useless as for now...

• EL_HuddyEL_Huddy Member Posts: 27

I'm actually looking forward to this game, never played the original RO, but this looks something special, unless its a massive grindfest with half-korean/half-english dictionary i'll be trying it out.

Its never struck me to actually try the original RO the graphics seem a little out-dated but i guess thats why they're bringing RO2 out. Yeah, I've heard the game is overdue also, when do they plan on releasing it, isn't it the open-beta that should be coming out?

Playing: EQII
    Played:GW,EQII,DoaC,AO,CoH,EvE,KO,L2,MS,Matrix,PS,Ryzom,SL,SO,WoW,Lotro,RS,2Moons,Flyff,Fiesta,Diablo2.
    Looking Forward to >WAR<

• darkradudarkradu Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by streea

The graphics are, while still cartoon-ish, look really... really good.

Post screens, please.

It's not childish, It's a pioneer on the popularity of MMO's... most of the online gamers started in Ragnarok,

likem me.....................................

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

I'm not sure how to post mmorpg images from the gallery into a post (if it's even possible?), but if you look at my gallery, I've uploaded two images... one is a basic shot of my charrie in combat, the other is a closer look at her face and upper body (she has on goggles and this cute little rose ribbon).

• JrodJrod Member Posts: 234

It is out in Korea and it got worst game of the year on some website.

Thats what I'm trying to say in this post That Ragnarok 2 was a failure... if you found it in the Forum that its a failure, then its not the only post that I've read....  but in reality Ragnarok 2 was a cool game but has many bugs to fix

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

i'm looking forward to this game too, time will come for us to say if it is a failure or not.

Yeap Your absolutely right for that!