Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which realm has the most able ASSASIN class ?

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

and why ?

Comments

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

This is a fight waiting to happen. Reason is people usually have pride in whatever realm they play, so any response will be biased and purely an opinion.

Like this, I do not think you will find many to argue that the albion scout is superior to the hib ranger and mid hunter, although I am sure some will disagree.

This is my breakdown, based purely off playing and fighting the classes, it will not be the same opinion of others.

Bow classes -

Scout > Ranger > Hunter

Assassin Class -

Shadowblade > Infiltraitor > Nightshade

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

What makes SHADOWBLADE superior assaasin ?

• JK-KanosiJK-Kanosi Member Posts: 1,357

Originally posted by Arawon

I think the Infiltrator is superior due to them having more points to spend and less specs to spend it on than any other assassin class, making them stronger in whatever they choose to do. I haven't played in 9 months, so things could have changed. Nightshades are the most fun, because they have magic to use in fights. They are the only assassin class that has magic, but are also the weakest out of the three. Shadowblades have the most superior "from stealth attack" due to their ability to use a 2-handed weapon, which no other assassin class can use. However, none of this really matters, because you shouldn't be fighting other assassins a lot anyways. My targets were always casters and soft targets, not assassins. Every assassin class is good against their intended targets, which are the casters and soft targets. Because of this, I preferred the Nightshade due to their magical abilities.

MMORPG's w/ Max level characters: DAoC, SWG, & WoW

Currently Playing: WAR
    Preferred Playstyle: Roleplay/adventurous, in a sandbox game.

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

In my opinion it is kind of a toss up between Shadowblades and Infiltrators.

I have an Inf myself..and I can beat MOST shadbowblades and nearly all nightshades.

Of course how good you are at playing your class is a HUGE factor.

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by JK-Kanosi

Originally posted by Arawon

I think the Infiltrator is superior due to them having more points to spend and less specs to spend it on than any other assassin class, making them stronger in whatever they choose to do.

I haven't played an assassin outside of the bg's in quite a while..

However, I was pretty sure that spec points were standardized acrossed all the assassin classes now...

Just like they standardized the special abilities (shades used to be one of the best after RR5 as an example but now all 3 assassin classes can have the "special abilities" etc).  I call them special rather than RA's because once upon a time they were class specific.

As to the OP... I don't think you could really have an answer to this.  At equal RR, gear and player ability... I'm not sure.  I would say in the current form shades would be the weakest..

But I haven't kept up with the style changes either...

In Battlegrounds SB's can have an advantage on certain targets.  aka when you perf a caster with that 2 handed weapon everyone use in thid... they'll crumple into a pile of diapers they call armor.

At level 50... I would almost say its going to come down to player skill and what class fits what you want to do the most.  Perhaps race choice and appearance...?

Before the style changes (if they are live yet .. dunno I canceled out a month or two ago).  It would be a toss up between Inf and SB.

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

Originally posted by Ramones274

In my opinion it is kind of a toss up between Shadowblades and Infiltrators.
    I have an Inf myself..and I can beat MOST shadbowblades and nearly all nightshades.
    Of course how good you are at playing your class is a HUGE factor.

Yeah this is where I knew it would get sticky, I to also play the Inf.

However I was going off the Critblade template on 2 handers and with what the guy stated above, I wasnt factoring in stealther vs stealther, I was factoring in what an assassin does, hit soft targets.

In my exp, my critblade always hit harder and killed faster than my Inf.

Tho he is correct my Inf does have a more specialized build due to extra spec points.

I prefer the Inf over Shadowblade, I just know how deadly a Shadowblade can actually be if templated right using the 2 handed blade.

The Shadowblade on average will always hit harder on a from stealth attack like perf.

I will agree that the Shadowblade and Infiltraitor are prolly close to even terms, Inf getting the better of a shadowblade in most instances if they attack first, on the same token if the critblade hits your inf first he will usually get the better of you.

It is a coin toss.

Also I agree about Nightshades, tho they have magic and may be the funner of the 3 to play, they are the weakest and really can't overpower the other 2 stealther classes, tho they are still damn good at killing the soft targets ie. casters.

But I still stand beside my scout being better than ranger and ranger is better than hunter statement.

I played these 3 alot, when on my scout, I have never been killed by a ranger nor a hunter, tho the ranger usually holds up better than the hunter.

When on my ranger I can't even seem to take out a scout and always kill the hunters.

when on my hunter I cant kill a scout or a ranger, so I took this from personal exp.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

HOnestly, all 3 realms have capable assassins. My bias is for Albion is better, but only cause I died to them over and over again. However, I dont think anyone believes any assasin class is gimp ATM

Torrential

• JixxJixx Member Posts: 159

Albion.  The Alb assassin class gets more point per level than any other class in the game.  The other two assassins have to give up an major assassin ability where as the alb assassin has always had the ability to spec one line all the way to 50 without giving up anything.