Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments on how well POTBS is goin to do

I think POTBS goin to be a disaster,maybe im wrong but i haven't seen alot of information about the game, and the info i have seen didin't appeal to me very much.

Comments

• TyveilTyveil Member Posts: 201
    I think this is going to be an amazing game, but it's going to fill a niche and not appeal to everyone (which is a good thing).  It's not going to be your cookie-cutter MMORPG.

=========================
    Currently Playing:
    AC2

Most Anticipated:
    Middle Earth Online
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    Heroes Journey

Played: EQ, EQOA, AC, AC:DM, DR, GS3, AO, AO:SL, ATITD

• LivinLegendLivinLegend Member Posts: 21

POTBS  seems like it will get boreing very fast, looks like all you do is play battle ship and trade...

• MopsterMopster Member Posts: 47

maybe, in the first release it will be sea based. Later they plan to add politics, players owned companies, crafting and more. So it's definately getting more interesting by time :)

you can look at any game that way, it's just slaying monster or trade.... (or mining :D)

• TyveilTyveil Member Posts: 201

Originally posted by LivinLegend

POTBS  seems like it will get boreing very fast, looks like all you do is play battle ship and trade...

It's also a skill based game.  You and your crew learn skills by practicing them over time.  This is how character development in every MMORPG should be and is the signs of a potentially great game!

=========================
    Currently Playing:
    AC2

Most Anticipated:
    Middle Earth Online
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    Heroes Journey

Played: EQ, EQOA, AC, AC:DM, DR, GS3, AO, AO:SL, ATITD

• SpyroStormSpyroStorm Member Posts: 20
    all I see is the Ships in Water, they say they'll release the game, and in future patches they'll add the improvments. I say wait, add avatars make the land more better.....

Cross My Paths and I'll Cross Yours

Cross My Paths and I'll Cross Yours

they want to focus on the core of the game and add features later. They want a solid base where they can build on. They're also a relative small team and are self-funded. So I think they can't really afford another few years for adding all the features you want :) They're in development for almost 2 year now.

Originally posted by Tyveil

It's also a skill based game.  You and your crew learn skills by practicing them over time.  This is how character development in every MMORPG should be and is the signs of a potentially great game!

Where did you get this information from becuase i would like to know. What do you mean by crew i thought it was 1 person per a ship.

You are captain of you ship. You have skills and these skills wil raise when used and degrade when neglected. You will be able to hire officers which will have the same skill-system. The efficiency of your crew depends on these skills.

So your talkin about a crew of NPCs

you mean of NPC ships ?

i mean the crew in general, on all ships. NPC and PC ships are the same, exept for the captain then :)

When you say crew you mean a crew of NPCs right?

the crew are NPC's :)

whent he time comes your friends will be able to play along with you on your ship, these friends will take places of your officers. The crew is generic and don't have stats/skills... (altough they can be killed, injured or stunned and will have morale later on). This is what they have in mind

All your saying is in your imagination rightimage

All your saying is in your imagination rightimage

no, these things have been discussed on the FLS forum :) I've been on this game for more than 1.5year :) plus i run a fansite ::::28::

o ok... i guess the games staff forgot to mention what kinda content there planning on adding to the game later to come on there official website, maybe i over looked it... but because your a big fan of the game your most likely right 

i think you can find the future features in the Community FAQ, but no, there is no list of planned features. They're just floating on the forum (and the Community FAQ) :)

• PhaZon7PhaZon7 Member Posts: 13

What's wrong with battle ship?::::12::

HMS Progeny--

International Forces - Forums

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

One thing that people seem to fail to mention is that PotBS will require somewhat of skill to hit a target.  You don't just click another ship and then fight.  You must actually calculate range/position/etc. It's definately not hack'n'slash type of combat.  And for the person that said it's not going to be good because you haven't heard anything about it, what makes you think your so damned knowledgeable that everything has to go through your ears to be successful?

In fact, PotBS has several news posts on mmorpg.com, just check back on their archives.  I don't hear much about Tabula Rosa or EQ 2, because frankly I am not interested.  Now that does not mean that I am saying that they are going to be horrible games, rather I think they are going to be great, it's just they don't interest me.  In short, just because you are ignorant about a certain subject does not mean it is doomed to fail. 

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

o yea its great fun lookin at 2 ships shoot at each other until 1 has been sunked, ive seen the battle video... theres no strategy in that

Originally posted by dekron

And for the person that said it's not going to be good because you haven't heard anything about it, what makes you think your so damned knowledgeable that everything has to go through your ears to be successful?

What are you talkin about? In the comment i made where do I say the game is goin to fail just because i think it is?

Originally posted by dekron

And for the person that said it's not going to be good because you haven't heard anything about it, what makes you think your so damned knowledgeable that everything has to go through your ears to be successful?

What are you talkin about? In the comment i made where do I say the game is goin to fail just because i think it is?

your quote:

I think POTBS goin to be a disaster,maybe im wrong but i haven't seen alot of information about the game...

You haven't seen that much about it, you think it's going to be a disaster.  Enlighten us why you think it will be such a disaster.  And please don't take my previous post as offensive, I said ignorant as you not knowing about the game, not as an insult.

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

I just stated an opinion you dont have to go all into what i said, but i'll tell you why im not to interested in the game

Ive read the features of the game on its official website and barely says anything about the gameplay, and all of the Pic and videos ive seen show nothin  but  boats at sea

initially yes, they are planning on only action at sea, however, they did state that they plan on implementing exploration/quests/fighting on land as well, but they are focusing on the main part of the game.  When they do implement "land action", it's not in an expansion you have to pay for.  I really find it as a nice step away from all of the cookie cutter sci-fi/fantasy mmorpgs with magic/technology/etc.  As far as battle, ships are not going to be that close all the time.  If you want to attack a ship from a distance, you will have to be able to "calculate" where the ship will be when you fire your cannons.

Also, another aspect  that I like, is that it is a full PvP world.  I hate games that do not have this because, yes, although it is virtual reality/fantasy/sci-fi, I crave somewhat of a bit of realism.  It's not like someone in the real world comes up to rob and kill you and you say "Hey, I have PvP turned off."  And he says "Oh ok, i'll be on my way".

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

Tell what are your favorite features in the game,not the features soon to come but the features on release