Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is oddly addicing o.0

SuponjiSuponji Member Posts: 15

I dont usually like games based around the mouse asopposed to the keyboard, but I found myself getting out of bed hours earlier to play this game. March 8th is when the open beta's supposed to come out, and I plan on kicking ass when the games been online for a few years

How easy do you think it is to sneak into ths zoo? I need to see some penguins like, RIGHT now...

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Suponji

I dont usually like games based around the mouse asopposed to the keyboard, but I found myself getting out of bed hours earlier to play this game. March 8th is when the open beta's supposed to come out, and I plan on kicking ass when the games been online for a few years

Agreed, something about it makes me want to play.  Mabye it's the extraordinary combat system, or the many different skills to train, or the fact that you can get fat or skinny.  Whatever it is, I can't wait til March 5th when that beta comes out!

• NecromageNecromage Member UncommonPosts: 69

Ah noone knows why this game is addicting but it is

Hell i come from the fun filed hardcore genre called "FPS" but after days of boradom i get sucked into a good MMO and mabinogi is not what is called "A Great MMORPG" But it does have The innovative composer/music  skill witch makes this game atlease a good MIDI Composing Engine and hell thats Addicting enough for me lol

What Ever You Do

• kevkirbykevkirby Member Posts: 8

maybe this game is addicting because they have some kind of telekenetic drug that affects u while u play, so u get  addicted

• stanacestanace Member Posts: 5

That's nice, now only if you could convince all those naysayers out there who seem to be overly concerned with the dated graphics.

Gamers these days... Not enough have seen the dark ages of MS-DOS.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

Don't need to worry about them naysayers.  Hype and speculation is for games not yet released.  The 4-yr-old Mabinogi being a good game is already an established fact outside the west.  Everyone who has played it speaks highly of it.  That is enough for me. 

Let's hope Nexon ppl don't get too greedy and screw up this gem, since rebirthing is a must in Mabi to avoid terrible grind.

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

I saw this game today at GDC (article to come shortly) and I have to say, I'm surprised at my own excitement.  The graphics weren't great, but I love how detailed everything is - almost everything has a mini-game and skill involved in it, from dying your armor (yeah, it's a mini game AND a skill) to cooking.  There is even a skill for building a campfire!

Character development seems really interesting - not only are there things like skills and attributes, but your character actually changes in appearance; as you grow "older" you grow taller, and fighting/exercising will make you lose weight while sitting around eating will make you gain it.  I'll stop myself before I spill too many secrets...got to save some stuff for the article!

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• stanacestanace Member Posts: 5

Haha, as long as they keep prices reasonable (and comparable to KR, JP, and TW versions), it's all good. If I end up having to pay $20 per rebirth, then it's game over for Nexon.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Personally, I can't wait to try the music system out..Rock out on meh guitar!@ lol

• rejadrejad Member Posts: 346

The openess reminds me a bit of old SWG.  I like games where I'm not railroaded into a class and choose what skills I want instead.

• Reccax626Reccax626 Member Posts: 17

Is it me or does this game looks like a ripoff of ro 2 but done way better lol.

• cityzencityzen Member CommonPosts: 313

Yeah, I have to admit when I downloaded this game I wasn't expecting much, but its so interesting. I'll be around for OB and probably longer, its got a good vibe.

------------------------------------

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Why does this game sound exactly like True Fantasy Live Online??

Seriously this is a TFLO fans dream come true from what i have heard, I cant wait to play it.

-Jive

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52

I cant wait till March 5th

looks pretty good ive been hopping from game to game lately trying to find a good one to play, hope this one will be it

• Cave71Cave71 Member Posts: 9

This game rocks! If only there were more like it. I'll just break down and cry until I get to play it! 

Two weeks just seems so long for me!

• tammyphantomtammyphantom Member Posts: 3

I just love Mabinogi! I played the closed beta and the pre-open beta and now I'm going to play the open beta. I was and still am really addicted to Mabinogi. The game is simply fantastic.

• ILokeylILokeyl Member Posts: 1

Can't wait for march 5th, just 2 more days :O

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I was just waiting to see if Warhammer, or Age of Conan, or anything else would be worth playing and I gave this a try. I had more fun with this game then I would have ever thought.  Looking forward to spending some more time in game.  The best way for me too describe is a breath of fresh air.

• AznChimpGuyAznChimpGuy Member Posts: 29

lol ill only play this if the controls are not ,ouse click...... I LIKE ANIME GAMES THAT HAVE KEYBOARD CONTROLS.

Here are the following.

World of Warcraft

Maplestory

Halo (NOT AN MMORPG BUT STILL HAVE ONLINE PLAY)

ETC

those are games that has keyboard controls.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by AznChimpGuy

lol ill only play this if the controls are not ,ouse click...... I LIKE ANIME GAMES THAT HAVE KEYBOARD CONTROLS.
    Here are the following.
    World of Warcraft
    Maplestory
    Halo (NOT AN MMORPG BUT STILL HAVE ONLINE PLAY)
    ETC
    those are games that has keyboard controls.

I think control scheme and interface should not deter someone from a great experience.  That's like getting free World Cup tickets if you are a soccer fan, but not going because you don't like the seats.

Anyway i've always been a fan of WASD movement like the OP but surprisingly I love everything about this game, and wouldn't change it.

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

there is nothing odd about the addictiveness of the game its very straight forward

Character Collectablity

nuff said

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

I tried to play it, but when I try and load the game after clicking start game on the launch pad all I get is a white screen. The Nexon logo comes up and then disappears, but after that it is just a plain white screen. I have a really good computer too..so no clue.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613
    Originally posted by murphys123

I tried to play it, but when I try and load the game after clicking start game on the launch pad all I get is a white screen. The Nexon logo comes up and then disappears, but after that it is just a plain white screen. I have a really good computer too..so no clue.

got that the first time I loaded it up, had to reset.   then on attempt number two it worked fine.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.