Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for my next game

MagsatoMagsato Member Posts: 230

Ok so I have played:

Everquest, FFXI, Tabula Rasa, WoW, EVE, and Planetside. I am not much a fan of the free MMOs out there because they seem to come and go pretty often. Right now I am playing Tabula Rasa and EVE but honestly TR needs much more time and EVE, well that is something that would takes years to just be a decent pilot in.

I am waiting on AoC or WAR, ill probably play both until I decide on which one I like more.

I like games with PvP and and somewhat of a level grind but nothing on the same level as FFXI or Lineage. I was thinking about UO but I dont know how friendly that is to newer people nowadays, as well as perhaps CoH/CoV but from what I have seen and heard it doesnt appear to be something I would be into

Anyways im rambling, any thoughts?

Comments

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

you can try city of heroes/villains if you like

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by hotpie

you can try city of heroes/villains if you like

he say "perhaps CoH/CoV but from what I have seen and heard it doesnt appear to be something I would be into"

Myabe UO. Or VG but he have not PvP

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

Dark Age of Camelot has PvP.  You will mostly solo when leveling as nearly everyone was level 50 when I played.  The leveling grind is probably on a par with WoW, as far as time taken to level.  DAoC has classes, but you also put points into skills, so it is a hybrid class system.  The PvP is in PvP zones where you can lay siege and take over castles from the opposing faction.

I am currently having a lot of fun in City of Heroes (City of Villains). You can solo all classes, but some builds cannot solo effectively.  Leveling is fairly quick if you join a team.  I never tried the PvP, so cannot comment.  Most veterans create and level alts, so teams are available at all levels.  Many of the classes have several different popular builds as you have a lot of choice in which skills you choose.  There are several ways that you can earn a "respec" so that you can alter the build of your toon if you are not happy with your choices.

Both Dark Age of Camelot and CIty of Heroes had free trials when I played.  The free trials may still be available.

• mcfearsunmcfearsun Member Posts: 22

I would recommend Empire Earth Trilogy it has a good base line for playing for hours or if yourcomputer/laptops good enough get Crysis or Call of duty 4 for great PvP fights.

Dante Devil May Cry 4

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

If your into PvP i suggest you have a look at Darkfall. Was a new video out yesterday btw.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=1192761#post1192761

Website- www.darkfallonline.com