Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you should vote for obama

he said when hes in offiice all crappy mmorpgs that became more WoW Like IE SWG and EQ 1 he said hes gonna make them all ol school again then he said hes gonna moonwalk and go wall to wall and make UO old school  UO again. YES WE CAN.

Comments

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

I'll bet he teams up with Al Gore too.  Since Al invented the Internet, he'd make a good running mate.

• NomaticaNomatica Member Posts: 132

Him and AL > all

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Only think he should do about any game is require ID checks for M rated games and reform or even remake the ESRB

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Midnitte

Only think he should do about any game is require ID checks for M rated games and reform or even remake the ESRB

Only thing he or any other politician should do about games is stay the hell away from 'em. Period.

• Originally posted by Zorvan

Only thing he or any other politician should do about games is stay the hell away from 'em. Period.

Come on you know you want change.  Change is always good.  Especially when you change things back to the way they used to be.

• MidnitteMidnitte Member Posts: 510

Originally posted by gestalt11
    Originally posted by Zorvan
    Originally posted by Midnitte Only think he should do about any game is require ID checks for M rated games and reform or even remake the ESRB

Come on you know you want change. Change is always good. Especially when you change things back to the way they used to be.

Or change it so some idiot mother screams because she didnt set parental controls on a tv or console and finds her son playing GTA...

• KatovaKatova Member UncommonPosts: 184

Bringing back the old would be good. It would be nicer if they could redesign those games but put new aspects that change the linear path mmos have been heading in.

• DracisDracis Member Posts: 434

Originally posted by Zorvan

Actually, he is staying away from them. The only things he has said is he believed it was the parents responsability to make sure their kids aren't playing M rated games, that the ESRB was doing a good job but parents need to know what they buy their kids, and to have parents know when to turn off video games and the tv so their kids will do their home work and go outside and play.

At least he's not like Hillary who believes there should be government regulation of games or like Romney who think games are a cesspool of filth.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414

My favorite thing about Obama is that he feels strongly about staying the course and following the vision President Bush laid out for Iraq and the Middle east.

From Barack Obama's “Iraq War De-escalation Act of 2007”:

-Armed forces should be redeployed...elsewhere in the region, to serve as an over-the-horizon force to prevent the conflict in Iraq from becoming a wider war, to reassure allies of the United States of the commitment of the United States to remain engaged in the region to, and to position troops to strike directly at al-Qaeda.

WUNDARBAR

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• hotpiehotpie Member Posts: 191

Is he really continuing what Bush is doin in Iraq? I thought he wants change?

• Master_RazorMaster_Razor Member Posts: 226

This post is way off-topic.

• warlexiswarlexis Member Posts: 2

Never heard Obama Say anything about any MMORPG games. Hes not going to get my vote anyway So it really doesnt matter.  I dont think there is anyone running for president that is going to make any differences in the way things are they just talk alot of BS So you will vote for them.  But I havent heard OBama say anything about MMORPG's

And why Should there Even be a thread like this on this web site in the first place.

• LellLell Member Posts: 45

The man has done nothing during his time in the Senate.

If he wasn't black and young, he wouldn't even be here.

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by Lell

You need to stop watching Fox News and actually read his legislative record.

• fusionx212fusionx212 Member UncommonPosts: 137

yawn politiics, lame and no one ever has anything decent to propose. these people do not care about people but about their own self gratisification. end of the day it's i have power and money..

american and brittish politics is a sham.  Politics in general is just capitalism at it's best in europe...and USA

It's all Lies...

• jsw40jsw40 Member Posts: 214

I'm not sure how rallying for Obama on mmorpg.com makes too much sense.

I went to his rally in Dallas yesterday, and one of the points he brought up for changing America and bettering education is having parents 'turn off the televisions, take away the video games and get their kids to learn!'

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Originally posted by MMORPDEATH

My favorite thing about Obama is that he feels strongly about staying the course and following the vision President Bush laid out for Iraq and the Middle east.

-Armed forces should be redeployed...elsewhere in the region, to serve as an over-the-horizon force to prevent the conflict in Iraq from becoming a wider war, to reassure allies of the United States of the commitment of the United States to remain engaged in the region to, and to position troops to strike directly at al-Qaeda.

WUNDARBAR
    LOL thats a good one

both dems want out of there yesterday and the republican guy says we will be there another "100 years"

I think the only thing I really believe is that their should be a law prohibiting the release of Hyped Crappy games that undermine consumer confidence

• wacko_wabbitwacko_wabbit Member Posts: 6

Obamba says all the right things and has some good ideas but the only thing is he never says HOW he plans on doing all this change.   just what needs to be done to better america   its easy to say we need change, doing it however is the hard part

uh huh

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Off Topic

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272

Originally posted by MMORPDEATH

WUNDARBAR

Following the vision of President Bush? My god, I just puked all over my keyboard.

• VincenzVincenz Member Posts: 1,498

Originally posted by wacko_wabbit

Obamba says all the right things and has some good ideas but the only thing is he never says HOW he plans on doing all this change.   just what needs to be done to better america   its easy to say we need change, doing it however is the hard part

Actually, if you look at his website under issues, he has more concrete plans for his ideas spelled out than either Clinton or McCain do on theirs.  They include budgets, bills, etc., the whole nine yards.

and p.s. "redeployed elsewhere in the region" has nothing to do with what Bush has done, it means sending the military BACK to their bases in Turkey and Saudi Arabia...where they were before the war.

• AryasAryas Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 337
    The political systems of most Western nations are broken and corrupt to the core. I can’t believe anyone still falls for the democratic illusion that exists in the States and the UK. The fact people do simply demonstrates that a significant percentage of the population of both nations are too ignorant and/or unintelligent to be allowed to vote in the first place.

When both countries underlying policies and direction have remained unchanged since WWII despite evident failures, it makes you wonder whether the respective societies will eventually revolt against their capitalist oligarch rulers. Maybe instead, the welfare systems that reward retards for reproducing will successfully breed nations of mindless, obedient and dependent drones before ‘the people’ realise how little their governments actually benefit them. Or maybe they already have.

Playing: Ableton Live 8
    ~ ragequitcancelsubdeletegamesmashcomputerkillself ~

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by Vincenz

Give me five examples of real leadership that Barack Obama has shown in his time in the Senate.

Then give me five separate examples of why I should vote for him based upon his policies.

Do you want to hear something scary?  When somebody calls to donate money to Obama's campaign, one of the quesitons that they ask the donator is 'so when did you come to Barack?'

What the hell?  Does that not sound a little bit like idol worship of the man?  It sounds an aweful lot like they're elevating Obama support to religious status.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by Vincenz

Give me five examples of real leadership that Barack Obama has shown in his time in the Senate.

Then give me five separate examples of why I should vote for him based upon his policies.

Do you want to hear something scary?  When somebody calls to donate money to Obama's campaign, one of the quesitons that they ask the donator is 'so when did you come to Barack?'

What the hell?  Does that not sound a little bit like idol worship of the man?  It sounds an aweful lot like they're elevating Obama support to religious status.

Does the koolaid taste good? You just outlined some of the right wing talking points spewed by the likes of Fox Noise Machine. Barack has whipped up a frenzy not seen in a long time. Regardless of anyones opinion of him, he has managed to get a lot of people interested in the process again. Interested in the system.  It's refreshing to say the least.

What pleases me most is not Barack, but Americans taking this seriously. That makes me proud. If we can wake up from our stupor, we can accomplish more than any of these candidates can. Take this country back!

• bluberryhazebluberryhaze Member Posts: 1,702

crack heads think democrat politicians will actually pull US troops out of iraq. obama and hillary will not until its secured. why do you think, with a majority in congress, they have not pulled em out? ie. stopped the funding?

they have been posturing this whole time, to get exactly where they are now politically. in the drivers seat. you've been living in a dream world, neo.

silly rabbits

oh and to stay on topic, i like games, mmorpgs, yea.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-