Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Music

So will AoC be using music from the two movies that were relased? If so they really should use the music where Conan Fights Thulsa Dooms Generals, As a boss fight.

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Originally posted by Ecstasy25

So will AoC be using music from the two movies that were relased? If so they really should use the music where Conan Fights Thulsa Dooms Generals, As a boss fight.
    They wont be using any official music from the movies, its all done in house.

Funcom have won MTV awards for their music in games before and I have a feeling with AoC its going to be the same. It's truly epic in 7.1 surround.

Here is a sample http://www.stage6.com/user/AcolyteAvery/video/2113814/Age-of-Conan-Music-Information

But they have a bunch on their website too.

The most atmospheric ones are the vocal tunes.

Not that the music from the movies was very good, because I thought the tunes were. Its just from what I've heard so far, prepare to get goose bumps..

• pust082pust082 Member Posts: 157

Taken directly from Wiki:

"There are three principal individuals overseeing the music and audio for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. The Audio Director is Morten Sørlie, who created the widely hailed soundtrack for Anarchy Online - Shadowlands. Sørlie is accompanied by sound designer Tord D. Nikolaisen, and composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen who is writing the musical score for the game. To create a fitting musical score for the Hyborian universe, composer Knut Avenstroup Haugen turned to many different sources. For the music of the different ethnic groups, Haugen studied traditional music from relevant parts of the world. For the overall theme of the Hyborian Age, Haugen researched its musical history, primarily Basil Poledouris' orchestral soundtrack to the Conan the Barbarian (1982) film, while avoiding conventions that connect too closely to specific historical periods."

I hope that helps.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Morten is the guy in the video link above too. I think the music in Age of Conan is a huge bonus.

Ecstasy25 is right thought the original score would be good for a boss fight, especially that clip for that particular part.

probably the main reason I ordered the Collectors Edition is for the soundtrack CD

• Ecstasy25Ecstasy25 Member Posts: 24

That music does sound REALLY good from what i heard. To me music is as much a selling point in a game to me as much so as a good combat system, Which most MMO's really lake IMO.