Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW has gate campers like EVE too :(

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5211/wow2008021519445395eo9iw1.jpg

They poisened me and i was on the griffin and died over some mountain and had to get a GM :( Hate level 70 alliance low leveling griffin camping groups :(

Comments

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

Don't play on a pvp server if you can't handle it. It's not like you lose anything by getting killed. In Gadgetzan, the graveyard is like 20 seconds away... just respawn closer to the city each time they kill you and you'll be safe in a few minutes.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Gate campers like in EVE, eh? I wasn't aware it was common practice in WoW to stake a claim, build a city (or cities, as is usually the case), and then camp the gryphon master to keep other players out of your sovereign territory.

Apples to oranges. Don't compare WoW to EVE.

• MaldusterMalduster Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by greenstumps

They poisened me and i was on the griffin and died over some mountain and had to get a GM :( Hate level 70 alliance low leveling griffin camping groups :(

LOL you called a GM? hahahahahaah...

Thats WoW endgame, ganking... after they removed World PvP and every one starts to farm BG's the world is empty....

Previously, it was "guys im being ganked in STV" and there comes like 30 of your people... then more of theirs and it started wars, thats when i believe WoW was at its peak... the introduction of battle grounds ruined it completely.

I know how it feels anyway, and try asking some level 70 hordes to help you out, they will NEVER come... unless they're like VERY good friends of yours.

• AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

Originally posted by Malduster
    Previously, it was "guys im being ganked in STV" and there comes like 30 of your people... then more of theirs and it started wars, thats when i believe WoW was at its peak... the introduction of battle grounds ruined it completely.

Yeah, those were definitely some good times. I don't think the Battlegrounds ruined it, though, I think they just put a significant dent in it. If Blizzard had played their cards right, Battlegrounds would have reinforced the already existing world-PvP community and everything would have been great.

Instead, we got Arenas. I quit shortly after.

Originally posted by Aethios

Yeah, those were definitely some good times. I don't think the Battlegrounds ruined it, though, I think they just put a significant dent in it. If Blizzard had played their cards right, Battlegrounds would have reinforced the already existing world-PvP community and everything would have been great.

Instead, we got Arenas. I quit shortly after.

Same here :(

Now im waiting for DARKFALL lol

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Welcome to wow, the game with the best community ever

• greenstumpsgreenstumps Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by greenstumps

LOL you called a GM? hahahahahaah...

Thats WoW endgame, ganking... after they removed World PvP and every one starts to farm BG's the world is empty....

I'm not moaning lol I just thought it was funny and I didn't call a GM to complain about them but because I couldn't get my body back cause it was over some mountain thanx to some warlock dot. I didn't want my gear to go to 25% cause I just bought a mount and didn't have enough money to repair.

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

WoW PvP is ez mode compared to EVE. Did you leave EvE for WoW ?

No annoying animated GIF here!

• greenstumpsgreenstumps Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Xenduli

WoW PvP is ez mode compared to EVE. Did you leave EvE for WoW ?

Nah I left EVE in 2004 cause I was a elitist beta player and fed up of all the noobs coming in lol, I joined Rona after that robey guy made it.

• ValaraukoGRValaraukoGR Member Posts: 78

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2157/wowscrnshot101807134444ig2.jpg just look at that... pathetic

This is a HUGE exception! It was during a seasonal event @ SM. 80% of the server was running that instance again and again in order to get the new epic unique items. So many players inside just a small room… image that! Anyway, if you go there now you will probably be all alone

Back to the topic. If you get poisoned you are in combat, and while in combat you can not use the flight master. That’s the average case, what happened to you is a weird exception; worth posting it ofc! You make me thing what I can try to do with my lock!

The only “gate campers” phenomenon would be the guys killing AFKers @ the end of popular flight paths – like the Skyguard’s Camp @ BladeEdge’s Mountain. But even then, the “campers” are taking advantage of some bugs – they will probably get fixed in the near future.